TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The XBox 360 and Me

Chase

I'm getting a XBox 360 really soon, and I wanted to know:

-What are the Games to get?

-What kind of Addons do I need for it, or are recommended? Fans, Chargers, etc..

-What do you think of it? Is it better than the Wii? the PS3?

Thank you,

Chase

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 360 and while I can't really compare it to the Wii or PS3 (Due to all of them being so different and having their own unique qualities) It's a keeper! I haven't had a problem with it yet. I had X-Box before and decided to Buy The X-Box 360 Console because it can play a select amount of x-boxs games and that list is often updated...this system has the hard drive and is $399...If you'd just rather play 360 games and don't have any X-Boxs games ...nor do you feel the need to purchase them...then you should buy the X-Box 360 Core-Console...this does not have the hard drive and you can't play old X-box games on it either. Though everything else is pretty much the same except this one's price is $299.

As far as assesories go, you'd probably want to buy an extra controller...preferably the X-Box brand..unless you'd rather spend less on a Mad Cat or Falcon controller.

You pretty much will be the only one to decide what games to buy...but I've bought Perfect Dark:Zero, Need For Speed: Carbon & Project Gotham Racing: 3 and are all good games!

Hope that helps, Later!

I'm getting the Premium, or the most Expensive one. Thanks for the opinions and I can see where your coming from Blazen_AZN, its just that:

PS3: Overpriced, understocked, not enough games(yet), but then again it will have Metal Gear Solid 4. <3

Wii: I want it too, but thats another 250, and I will wait a while for it.

XBox 360: My Friends from School have it and say that I should get it. I will get Gears of War for my first Game.

Thanks for all the help.

Anyone played the WWE Game for it?

I don't even have the Wii yet and would take it over the Xbox360. Sure great graphics. High Definition (Which plays sweet on my plasma). and Downloadable content. But the thing is. It's EXACTLY like Xbox uno. Just, better graphics, HD, and wireless. And you have to pay for almost all the downloads.

Although. Many shows and TV programs are going to be available for download on the 22nd on the Xbox Live Marketplace so I'll see how that goes. If you have to pay for the shows. Eff that.

Aslo I have to admit, I love how Need For Speed: Carbon plays on my 360.

Games: Gears of War and Burnout Revenge

Accessories: None besides an extra controller or two

My preference: Wii > Xbox 360 > PS3

Wii is the most fun, Xbox 360 is the most balanced, and all PS3 has is good graphics and a high price tag.

Gears is a must have for any 360 owner. Also, try out COD3 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, and Need for Speed Carbon.

If you get a wireless controller, get the charger.

I think 360 is going to be the best because of the amazing games and the killer game lineup it has coming in the next year or so.

I'd definitely get the 360. Get Halo 2 for it. It's awesome.
Halo 2 pwns, I played it on XBox. Do you know if you need anything special to play Halo 2?

You have to download somthin from XBox live to change the controls from black and white button to left and right bunpers. Definetly need Halo. and halo 2 isnt good without Halo 1. Also PGR3 is good, along with GUN.

Good choice, the 360 has some great titles, get Brurnout Revenge, its running about $25 used and $30 new, and is a ton of fun

My original 360 has some issues, like it froze, all the time, I contacted Microsoft, and sent it to them, they sent me a replacement, and the new one has been perfect, I got the Pelican Fan Stand, they say its not required, but Microsoft also says if you get a fan system, get the fan stand, as it takes power from the USB ports, and not the power supply

There are tons of great games coming for the system, I can't wait for Forza

SOme comparo's from IGN

Gran Tourismo

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/736/736366/gran-turismo-hd-20061009023325665.jpg

Forza Motorsport

Http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/735/735747/forza-motorsport-2-20060927002228442.jpg

Considering the 360 has had a years lead over the PS3 and only now has something like "Gears of War" appeared on 360.

Games have to be drip feed to the public before the max of the machine is shown.

The PS3 does have a lot to live up to and if you can manage to part with $600 for the 60GB machine, i'm going to buy a 600GB / 1TB HDD for my PS3 next year.

Sony could produce a game better than "Gears" on PS3 running at 1080P on the "fly".

I recon "Killzone 2" will be in 1080p at 60fps.

Most games run at 720p, just depends on the developers if they want to go any higher with the resolution.

Only 6 out of the 8 Cells are working in a PS3, so max performance is a couple of years away.

PSP CPU runs at 333mtz, but most games are coded for 111mtz to save the battery life.

1. Well it depends on what kind of games you like. For example, if you like racing, get need for speed carbon or burnout revenge, if you like shooters i'd say go with Gears of War which is one of the best games out now for the 360.

2. The only addons that are needed right when you get the system is probably an extra controller like everyone else said. Also try to get a headset or the camera if you plan on being on xbox live alot and want to talk and be seen.

3. I think the Xbox 360 is one of the better systems out right now. There are plenty of good games out right now, and I love how you can buy stuff off Xbox Live, like arcade games, and now movies and shows and etc. Who knows, in the near future we might be even buying games off of Xbox Live (which i doubt due to possible piracy and the amout of transfers going on would require one hell of a download server). Now for PS3. I've personally played the PS3 at EB and have to say it is pretty sweet, but I wish they would have lowered the price tag just a tad, its just too far out of my range. The Wii is just in a category of its own. Deffinately best defines the term "Next Generation" in terms of gameplay. Its just so fun to just WATCH people playing it, and playing is a whole other level.