TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Theme Park Chain

What is your favorite theme park chain?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite theme park chain?

• Six Flags (Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Great Adventure)
    • Cedar Fair (Knott's Berry Farm, Cedar Point)
    • Tussaud's (Alton Towers, Thorpe Park)
    • Disney (Walt Disney World, Disneyland)
    • Busch (Busch Gardens parks, SeaWorld parks)
    • Lego Parks (legoland Cali, germany)
    • Universal (Florida, Hollywood)
    • Herschend Family Entertainment (Silver Doller City, Dollywood)
    • Kennywood Corp. (Kennywood, Lake Compounce)
    • Paramount Parks (Paramount's King's Island, Paramount's Great America)
    • Star Parks (Walibi Parks, Movie World Parks)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harcourt Brace Jovanovich (Sometimes I just can't help myself)

But seriously, Disney has my vote hands down.

- Good operations

- Good food

- Excellent Accomodations

- Friendly Staff

- Year Round

- Clean

- The only virtual queue that makes sense

- Innovative Rides (mostly)

- Entertaining shows

- Unbelievable fireworks and night shows

- Flexibility (Park Hopper)

- Safe

- etc etc

I had to vote for Tussauds.

As they are the chain that own the parks I visit the most.

Like all the chains listed they have there problems in certain areas.

I personally rate Tussauds higher than Six Flags & Disney.

Currently I have not been to enough parks run by Cedar Fair to comment on them, but was very impressed by Cedar Point.

All the Star Parks were run by Six Flags, when I have visited them so again cannot make judgement.

The other chains listed I've not been to any of the parks yet

- Good operations

- Good food

- Friendly Staff

- Year Round

- Clean

- Entertaining shows

- Safe

- etc etc

I vote for Disney, and agree with Ted, because Disney has the best arranged Theme Parks ever.

--Soeren

- Good operations

- Good food

- Friendly Staff

- Year Round

- Clean

- Entertaining shows

- Safe

- etc etc

I also agree with you. Disney, hands down.

Well, the thread is best "theme park" chain, so IMO Six Flags and Cedar Fair really don't belong, but that's just my two cents. I voted for Universal simply because IMO Islands of Adventure is WAY better than any new Disney offerings in the past 5 years. Disney does a lot of things better than Universal, but it does seem as though the attention to detail and the quality level of newer Disney parks and attractions has declined in the past few years....

--Robb

Well, the thread is best "theme park" chain, so IMO Six Flags and Cedar Fair really don't belong, but that's just my two cents.

--Robb

well i really meant amusement park/theme park chain...but i could only go with one term for 'park'...lol never thought of just saying 'park'

I'd have to go with Universal. Their theming and rides kick major ass. After having my first trip to Islands of Adventure the week before last, no theme park will ever feel quite the same to me. Disney come pretty close, though, but IMO Universal does better theming.

Universal, definitely. Nothing Disney has done here in FL over the past decade has really impressed me, not nearly as much as IOA. Plus you could literally hop from one park to the other if you wanted to. But you'd look kinda strange.

I voted for Cedar Fair, as their parks (and I've been to all of them except all of the water parks) are very well kept, all the rides (not just the major attractions) are painted and restored to their natural glory whenever needed. The rides are top notch, there aren't many "copy cat rides" throughout the park chain like, Six-Flags with the "Batman's, Superman's & Vekoma SLC's....garbage. The parks staff at the parks are well mannered, helpful and attentive to anyone. As Far as food, the parks have a great variety, but I still think Kennywood has the best park food!

I'm not knockin' (means: talking bad about) Disney, as those parks are superior when it comes to clean and great wholsome fun, but It doesn't do for me thrill wise. I'ts more of a big playground for kids IMO..

As far as The "Six-Flags Chain," I'm not knockin' them either, as their parks set the bar for other parks in the industry. Most of the ones I've been to are well kept (been to 14 or 15 Six-Flags Parks out of 21 I think??) But some of the parks have rude employees. As Far as rides, like I said they house a variety of copied coasters, but nonetheless The Six-Flags Parks are just good!

I picked Kennywood company.

They have 3 amusement parks, and a waterpark.

They are all tradiotional, with adding newer rides, from time to time. Which are great additions I might have.

One beef I have with some other parks, is they don't know how to take care of their great woodies. Kennywood has bad no problems taking care of the wood in their parks, IMHO.

Food is a must for a park. The patch fries well are just to die for, if you don't believe me ask people around the burgh that they were franchised and bought by Giant Eagle to sell to the GP. And ask Dave!

I have never had a problem with Kennywood, their customer service reps, ride ops and higher-ups are always curteous and friendly.

I can't think of a better corporation that runs a traditional park better then KW.

Katie, who asks Dave, where is our new Beemer for KW? Olszewski

Star Parks, because the parks are now much better than when it ran under the Six Flags Chain.

Grevin is also verry good, and I think Tussauds is the best, but I haven't visit one of the last one.