TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: IAAPA 2006

ParkTrips

ACE is a "Buyer Member" of IAAPA. ( in my opinion, a waste of user dues needed to pay the fee) They have a booth too. However it's not really "for" ACErs or enthusiasts. Last year, when I didn't go to cover it in a media manner like I have done here for TPR, I totally felt out of place. Especially wearing a badge saying I'm a buyer even though about the only thing I could afford in there was the dippin dots...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Pics Joe!

That show is always such a blast to go to! I was lucky enough to attend the show in 2003 for my employer. I ended up bringing my kids along, so we make it kind of a mini-vacation. I don't know who had more fun, me or my kids!

Anyway, the Morris Costume booth is the best! There's so many cool & spooky creatures in that booth (including the guy puking in the barrel & the electric chair). My kids were so freaked out by all the monsters in that booth they stayed about two aisles away! The food in that place is incredible! Between every junk food imaginable, Ben and Jerry's and Dippin' Dots, you definately won't go hungry (and it's all free!!!)

The cost to get into this show is pretty steep if you're not an IAAPA member. I think it's like $75.00 if you belong to IAAPA. If you're a non-member, it's quite a bit more expensive (I think it's around $250.00).

Have a great time at the show & keep the pictures coming!

- Tim

Very cool photos Joe. I hope when i am older to be able to go to the Asian Expo. Or maybe one day it will come to Australia. Though, that is very unlikely.

Intamin are so boring! Why don't they have models of there rides? Wouldn't that make customers want to buy there rides more?

Very cool! I can't wait to see more. In reading an article about the show today, I'm very curious to see images from the "Airballs" concept. To quote the Orlando Sentinel:

Airballs, for example, is a new concept from the Netherlands that loads passengers into cars and then launches them like a pinball onto a game board. The riders then control giant pinball flippers to shoot their cars back into the board as they float on pillows of air like air-hockey pucks.

It sounds like the second coming of the Flying Saucers from Disneyland and, personally, sounds like it'd be a blast!

Does that screamin swing actually work? I agree with everyone on the B&M issue about how that dont come up with new ideas lately. i think that they should come up with some new ideas for new coasters cause there last design was a flying coaster which is like 4 years old now. they need to stay ahead of the game if they want to last cause who knows how long people are really going to want hyper, floorless, flying, etc. coasters in the future. it also seems as if lots of company's are designing launsh coasters nowadays. seems kinda suspicious as to if maybe thats what might be next for B&M with the reputation that they have for smoothness a launch coaster system might help them alot..

^ LOL, ok YOU can go and try to take pics of the hot chicks without looking like a stalker, its tougher than one might think!

Not much from today, I'll upload the pics a little bit later, I did have fun hanging out with the In the Loop guys for a few hours. And yes, the Swing works. It works better than any of the ones I've done in parks...

seems kinda suspicious as to if maybe thats what might be next for B&M with the reputation that they have for smoothness a launch coaster system might help them alot..

from what we were reminded today, B&M has no interest in pushing the limits and playing with launches, they just want fun, enjoyable rides!

::waits for Clint or Will to plug their show::