TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Ever since I rode Valhalla I have been fascinated by it. Because most of the ride is dark, I have seen very few photos from on the ride, and after riding it twice its layout is still a mystery to me.

Also, somebody in the Traumatizer construction thread posted that Valhalla's building includes Pepsi Max Big One track as part of its support structure. I didn't believe it, so I set out to find the construction photos to prove it. And lo and behold I found these pictures:

http://www.geocities.com/icphotos/valcon1.html

http://www.geocities.com/icphotos/valcon2.html

http://www.geocities.com/icphotos/valcon3.html

Does anybody know where I can find more pictures of Valhalla under construction, or pictures from inside the completed ride? I've seen pictures of the first lift and the first turntable. Thanks!

*EDIT* Ok so apparently I overloaded the site's bandwidth... sorry geocities guy! Gotta upload to TPR

valcon3.jpg.86dcf7ef155ca998be723752e5dc387d.jpg

www.geocities.com/icphotos

valcon2.jpg.f25a1e9299dfbc4b912fb4ddabc65fca.jpg

www.geocities.com/icphotos

valcon1.jpg.b4065a31710d1df0871be694e5d2fb5f.jpg

This is from www.geocities.com/icphotos

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a ton of pics, but it was before I was doing a lot of updates. I'll have to see if I can dig them up. I saw the Big one track first hand! It was right after they repofiled the drop that they were using it for support.

--Robb

Using the PMTBO track as building supports is the coolest idea ever! From the pictures, it looks like its right at the reverser section, but since its Blackpool and not Six Flags, they probably covered the inside portion up too to complete the theme. I miss Valhalla

Ah I remember seeing this in person. Went to Blackpool one day and I saw them putting in the red track. I thought it was going to be a rollercoaster that went updside down

I miss Blackpool. Why did I move AWAY from it?

You can see some of the track to the left of the turntable running horizontally, most likely as a roof beam.

From a structural standpoint, it seems really bizarre. I am sure the track is strong enough to support the loads, but was the cost savings really all that much?

^Lol...... we got the ponchos, sat in the front seat, and held our feet up against the front. Next time I ride I'm gonna just get drenched so I can look around more, holding that hood up around my head was annoying!

I had my jacket and purse inside a garbage bag, and held that under my poncho.

I would have risked riding without ponchos had I not ridden that evil duck flume at Alton previously and gotten a pair of jeans soaked as well as my shoes (which eventually I tossed).

As for Nicole, she was already down 1 pair of shoes on day 2 of the trip

had I not ridden that evil duck flume at Alton previously and gotten a pair of jeans soaked as well as my shoes

Dont even get me started on that... We got stuck on it... In like 5 different areas.. One being right at the VERY top of the "duck" drop... We were 'sea-sawing' our log boat... that was FULL of water.. Like.. sitting on the seat.. was sitting IN the water.. and most of the time stuck we were in the dark... After like 15mins the lights came on and a worker came up to us...

... And it just got worse as the ride re-started........ >:O

Good thread Nicole

Great find Ted

I got just as wet at Alton on the log flume as Valhalla but I sat in the back for Valhalla. I was smart enough to wear the Tevas for Valhalla but did throw out my oldest pair of sneakers in Sweden after the drenching at Tusenfryd.