TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TerraMítica07::INFERNO(BallCoaster), GyroTower & 2 New S

I tell you...

I love Terra Mítica, it's my favourite park, and since 2003 the park is going down and down and down...

A little history about the park:

2000: Opening year, the park isn't finished, but it has to open in July because is the time to have a lot of visitors. The park opened with a lot of projects and rides not finished. The Laberynth of the Minotaur PreShow never(Yes... NEVER) has been performed. It's an animatronic like in Challenge of Tuthankamon, an old man tells you the history of the minotaur... It's installed since 1999 and for 8 years it's off.

Ulysses' Rescue was planed to be the best Dark Ride in the world. It had water, fire and a person who tells you the history inside the boat. It had two ways, a Spash, Speccial Effects... All is built, but nothing is used.

Also the trees all around the park weren't so big, and the people didn't like it, a lot of queue and sun but not much shadow zones...

The politicians who made the park thought all was going to be perfect...

2001: The park planed to have 3,000,000 visitors, all was the same as in 2000, nothing new, the Dark Rides were not finished, and there weren't shadows... The park had 2,100,000 visitors.

2002: The same history, the park planed to have 3,000,000/2,500,000, and all was the same as in 2000 and 2001... 1.600.000 visitors. The parks has a debit of 170 milion €...

Paramounts enters to the park putting "a Paramount Park" under the logo of the park.

2003: The park planed in 1998 to built a B&M Inverted, 9 Inversions, 75 metres high, and about 130 km/h, but they had more than 180 milion of debit, and they decided to bult a SLC... 11.000.000 € less and the people didn't disliked the coaster, but they don't love it. 1.100.000 visitors

Finally they had a debit of 200 milion € and they entered in a payment suspension. They closed the show/cinema "Las Sorpresas de los Dioses".

2004: The park had planed to put a Revolution themed in a Colosso, but Paramount lived the park, it has to pay to Paramount 2 milion €...

Finally they built the Revolution in November, withouth theming and the colours, like in the ancient Greece! Red and Orange ¬¬

260 milion € debit, the park is in its worst situation... 950.000 visitors

They closed the Dark Ride "Misterio de Keops".

2005: Nothing new, maybe the park will dissapear this year, they've to pay more than 260 milion €. 5th Anniversary of the park with 260 milion debit... They put all around the park publicity without theming, the park had 1,050,000 visitors, it continues VERY BAD... Some theming was destroyed, Magnus Colossus was very rough, all was careless, the fantastic theming was dessapeared...

2006: They reduce the timetable a lot, they made a strange City Walk in Egypt, with 10 bars and restaurants, shops and some payment rides. They put a SuperNova of Mondial, they destroyed a building in the Islands for it... The best stunt Show in Europe dessapeared too, Barbarroja wasn't in the park, and there wasn't any real show... It is all like an amusement park... The park continues with 260 milion debit, and they've to sell its expansion area. 220,000 m2 for 80 milion €, 14.5 for the park, and the rest for the Banks, the payment suspension finished, and they paid the money. BUt now the park hasn't got an expansion area... 1,100,000 visitors in 2006.

Now they've got a debit of about 20 milion€ and in 2006 was the first year with benefits, 700,000€, in 2004 and '05 they had about -30,000,000€ 'benefits'....

Now maybe you comprend why the park is like it is, it could be the best park in Europe, it was planed to be the best park in Europe, but a bad gestion did this to the park...

I think you can understand my 'redaction' ... ...more or less...

It's the park of my life, in 2000 and 2001 ALL was themed, but the people don't like the park, and the talking is the best publicity, if your friend tells you the park is bad, and you tell to your friend, and your friend to his friend...

The plans (Real plans not dreams like in 1998) wait 1,100,000 visitors for 2007, and maybe in 2012/2013 the park can put a big Coaster...

Bye!

PD: If you have any question or you want any photo about the Real Terra Mítica in 2000, contact me in Messenger or email

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must say that I am glad that they will be getting new trains for Magnus Colossus because it really is a rough ride and it wouldn't be that bad if it was smoother.

Yeah, it would go from rough and boring to boring only. But I guess you could call it an improvement.........

Yeah, it would go from rough and boring to boring only. But I guess you could call it an improvement.........

I never said it would be good either.

But yeah, Terra Mitica sounds like it was planned to be an absolute world class park. A B&M inverter with 9 inversions (that would have been the record when the park opened), a preshow for Laberynth of the Minotaur and Fire effects on Ulysees. You can tell that it was a major development from the theming but it's a shame that it was the rides that were cut back on.

I would say that this is my second faviroute park after Alton Towers. I don't know why, probably because of the theming and that hardly anyone knows anything about it. I just love it!

I don't know why, probably because of the theming and that hardly anyone knows anything about it. I just love it!

Now we're two!

This park needs a post with the most beautiful things there were in the past...

I'm going to do it!

See you!

PD: There are some rumors from Parque Warner for the Stunt Show 'Lethal Wapon II'. From 2002 to 2006 Lethal Weapon was the Main Stunt Show in Parque Warner, but now it seems it's going to have new fresh air!

Why are they buying a brand new Gyro Tower when they already have Flight of the Pheonix? The towers will look almost exactly the same, they will provide a very simular ride and it will surely leave FOTP with no queue.

They are getting an Observation Tower next year not another drop tower. The park admission price does not include the Observation Tower it will be a pay extra attraction.

And I think Stampida's new trains are made by Intamin not Kumbak because I read on the UM Website that Port Aventura have confirmed that the trains are made by Intamin.

Stampida's brakes will have to be changed for the new trains so the trim brakes on the first drop will have to be removed.

(Hopefully the park does'nt decide to replace them with new ones because with the new trains it is very unlikly an accident like the one in 97 will happen again so there is no need for them.)

And if the trims are removed the coasters speed will be back to 55mph and not 45mph with a lot more airtime.

Port Aventura is a fantastic park and I really do hope the new trains dont ruin Stampida because it is a brilliant woodie and it will be a big shame if the trains ruin it.

I have been to Port Aventura 4 times and I am going back next year for Furious Baco. I am also going to Parque Warner Madrid and Parque de Attractiones de Madrid.

Is Parque Warner Madrid definatly getting a Splash Battle next year?

The park planed in 1998 to built a B&M Inverted, 9 Inversions, 75 metres high, and about 130 km/h

That just sounds unrealistic. They obviously wanted to be a park like Port Aventura by opening a coaster with the inversions record and they thought Terra Mitica would be a success like Port Aventura.

Is Parque Warner Madrid definatly getting a Splash Battle next year?

I think NO, because the park was sold to Fadesa, and the new owners don't 've aproved this project... some rumors say YES, but more lately ( may be in 2008)... but is only this rumors.

see you!

The park admission price does not include the Observation Tower it will be a pay extra attraction.

Really? ...

The Ride will be a pay extra ride between 20:00 to 22:00(March, April, May, June, September, October & November) and between 22:00 to 1:00(Some days of June and September, July and August) in 'Egyptian Nights', the strange city walk of Terra Mítica. Terra Mítica opens the Egypt Area at night, with a Night Show, Little Shows, Boats(On the lake), a Karting Circuit, Terror' Piramyd(Walk Throught), 11 bars & restaurants and 5 shops, but some workers of the park told us the ride will be a normal ride when all the park is open

The park planed in 1998 to built a B&M Inverted, 9 Inversions, 75 metres high, and about 130 km/h

That just sounds unrealistic. They obviously wanted to be a park like Port Aventura by opening a coaster with the inversions record and they thought Terra Mitica would be a success like Port Aventura.

They wanted to make a Resort like Disney Ones(Two Parks, Mall, Five Star Hotels)... Now there are two parks and two hotels, but they're not part of Terra Mítica Resort... It was an enormus project, but now it's only a normal theme park...

Rumors!

A Terra Mítica Worker("fritz" is his nick) has told us some rumors...

-Maybe in 2007 two shows will come back to the park!

Barbarroja(Red Beard)(Probabbly the best Stunt Show in Europe) and Imagina(a show with the style of Cirque du Soleil).

-Probabbly in October and November Halloween will be the new event(and the first) of the park.

Photos of the shows:

IMAGINA

BARBARROJA(Red Beard)

Everything you can imagine in a show was in Barbarroja... Action, Adventures, Humor, Girls, Boys, Fire, a Mountain, a little village, a GIANT Pirate Ship(With Pirates)... It was a fantastic show...

Probabbly the shows will not be the same as two years ago, but they were fantastic shows, and the park needs them!

How is that unrealistic? Thorpe Park has built a ten loop coaster, so has a park in China. So, i don't see how building a coaster with 9 inversions is unrealistic. Please back up your reasons on why it was unrealistic.

If they had the money, they could of made the park a huge success, presuming this coaster was to go ahead.

Thorpes 10 looper is an off the shelf ride, hence the fact there are now two of them, with another one planned and the one in Brazil which is almost the same bar two inversions.

A custom designed B&M inverter with 9 inversions would cost a hell of a lot more than Collosus which I think cost £10 million including all the themeing.

For a park that isn't doing that well financially such an expensive ride wouldnt make very much sense.

Oh! I forgot it! Isla Mágica planed to built the Mine Train for August 2007, but it seems they're going to buy it for 2008.

Here the list with the temporally Confirmations:

Parque Warner

· Water Dark Ride/Spash Battle(Maybe for 2008)

· Cartoon Tour(Maybe for 2008)

· New Film at Batman's Simulator Not Confirmed· 3D Theatre to be a simple Theatre for performances Not Confirmed

· A Bigger space for the Bumping Cars Confirmed

· New Stunt Show: 'Arma Letal II' (Lethal Weapon 2) Not Confirmed

PortAventura

· New Coaster Wing Walker[intamin] . "Furious Baco"(135 km/h) Confirmed

· New Trains for Stampida[Kumbak(¿?) or Intamin] Confirmed

· Start working on the Far West 4**** Hotel, Convention Centre, Boulevard & Golf.Confirmed

Terra Mítica

· Intamin Ball Coaster[intamin]. Located in Rome. Confirmed

· [intamin Gyro Tower] located in Egypt. 100/120 metres height.Confirmed

· New 'Big' Show on the Circus Máximus(Maybe 'Imagina' Show Returns).[/b] . Not Confirmed

· New Show on Barbarroja's Theatre (Maybe 'Red Beard' Stunt Show Returns). Not Confirmed

· New Train for Magnus Colossus[intamin(¿?)] Not Confirmed

· A Bigger and better Terror' Piramyd (Egyptian Walk Throught) Not Confirmed.

· A New Water Games Zone between Akuatiti(Kiddie Flumes) and The Laberynth of the Minotaur(Maybe for 2008) .

· New Character.[Animal]'The Frog'.(It hasn't got name, maybe it'll be a Greek Frog ) Confirmed

· Shows Renovation Not Confirmed

· Pandora's Theatre(Kid's Cinema) converted on a Theatre for perfomance or a cinema atracction Not Confirmed

Isla Mágica

·New! Vekoma Mine Train(For 2008)

·Celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the Park. Confirmed

·New Interactive Dark Ride[Mack Rides & Heimo]. Capitán Balas(Pirates Theming) Confirmed

· New Film on Dimension4(4D Cinema) Not Confirmed

· New Film on Cinemoción(Simulator) Not Confirmed

·New Multimedia Night Show Confirmed

· Shows Renovation(¿?) Not Confirmed

· New Roof for the "Fuerte" zone for a future(2008) winter openning.Confirmed

Tibidabo (Barcelone).

· New Terrain Coaster[Vekoma] Confirmed

PD: The project was Real, a B&M Inverted, 9 Inversions, 70/75 metres height and a possible velocity about 120/130 km/h. And there was a project of a Walk-Throught similar to "El Templo del Fuego" in PortAventura, but longer. This park was a giant project, but only this, a project...

How is that unrealistic? Thorpe Park has built a ten loop coaster, so has a park in China. So, i don't see how building a coaster with 9 inversions is unrealistic. Please back up your reasons on why it was unrealistic.

If they had the money, they could of made the park a huge success, presuming this coaster was to go ahead.

I dont think building a coaster with 9+ inversions is unrealistic but I do think an inverted coaster that is nearly 250ft and 75+mph with 9 inversions is a bit unrealistic because it would be very intense, very very expensive and would take up a huge amount of space and would have a hell of a lot of trims.

They probally got carried away when they saw Alpenguist and said we will beat that with more height, speed and the inversion record but it never happened probally because of a lot of reasons like space, money etc... and they got a standart Vekoma SLC instead.

t never happened probally because of a lot of reasons like space, money etc... and they got a standart Vekoma SLC instead.

Money, only money The park HAD space, but it has sold 220.000 m2(They were for Future Areas and Big Rides). Now the park hasn't got debits, they had 220 milion € debit, and it was the only solution to save the park...

I have a question....

There is some news of the Vekoma Terrain CoasteR???

Some days ago, in La Vanguardia were an article which said that they will begin soon the construction fo the new roller coaster, it would be the fist roller coaster of this kind in europe (maybe in the world too? they always say that xD). It would be located in the middle of a huge wood, and we couldn't see the coaster itself 'cos there will be a lot of trees arround.

It seems so nice, dont you!

See you ^^

I was looking at the UM webste using a translater and they say that Port Aventura will be getting a new flat ride in the Medditerania area of the park next to Furious Baco in 2007. I think it is a Ferris Wheel by Intamin 50m tall.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.umwebsite.com%2Fportal.php%3Fid%3D0home%26lan%3Des&langpair=es%7Cen&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

I wish they got a better flat ride because Ferris Wheels are mainly for the great view but you get a way better view on Hurakan Condor because that is over 100ft taller than this.

At least the Medditerania area of the park will have another ride.

I say it will have the same theme as Furious Baco.