TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Launch day is near! PS3/Wii-kend Launches.

Homer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a ps2 but Im going to skip the ps3 because its just too much money. I reckon Sony have shot themselves in the foot with it. Besides, history shows no-one has lasted more than two console generations at the top. Unless Im mistaken, which does happen from time to time.

Im not getting a 360, cos to be honest Im getting bored with playing the same games as before only with better visuals. Seems creativity is taking a back seat to the guaranteed sell these days. It was always gonna happen but it seems to be stifling the original ideas more. Or are the ideas just running out?

Thats why I will probably get a Wii (if I buy from this generation at all). It may not be a powerhouse, but its offering a new(ish) way to interact with games. Its refreshing and thats just what I need these days.

Besides, Ive still to complete over half of my ps2 games

I'm not sure I would say the new crop of games for 360 are the same as PS2 games with better visuals, Xbox Live is pretty fun, and really adds to the gaming experience, and the scope and depth of the games are getting larger, I'm somewhat excited about what innovations this new generation will bring

Here's my take

I already bought a 360, so I consider myself covered for the next gen, and thank GOD I don't have to wait in line or try to get one of these machines

I think Sony is WAY overstating the power of the PS3. It may have a better proccesor than the 360, but what matters is the GPU, and when you look at how the systems are set up, power wise its really very close, with the storage advantage going to PS with the Blu-Ray

The PS3 is way overpriced, and I agree with another poster here, HD DVD's no matter the format, do look better, but it is not comparable to the jump from VHS to DVD, HDDVD really only offers better resolution for the 20% of the people that currently own HD TV's, I'm not sure a more expensive video format will really be adopted by the masses yet, especially when you can get a dvd player that upconverts dvd images to 720p, and look fantastic, although yes not as good hd-dvd

The Wii looks like it would be a ton of fun, expecially in a group setting, nothing like playing Mario Party where you need to flop your arms around and look like a dork in front of your friends, I think the Wii will do well

I really think Sony has shot itself in the foot, taking a gaming platform, and trying to use it as a meduim to gain the upperhand in a format war is not the wise move, IMO. I think Blu-Ray will be the next Beta-max, and the regular DVD will stay king.

If you have your heart set on a PS3, be patient, and wait a year, the only thing you will get is more systems, more games, and better prices on used games, and the early issues worked out.

The Wii I could see picking up right away, while I was hoping for a $199 price point, the fact that it is reasonably priced, has some innovative features, and appears to offer a truely unique gaming experience is really inviting. I do think it will be a bit difficult to get one, but nearly as bad as the PS3. Also look for the Wii to have the fewest problems with thier new machines, I predict the PS3 will have some issues, sorta simular to the 360 early issues, thats what happens when you push the envelope

The 360 is the system to get this Christmas, it will be in ample supply, has plenty of games, has its early problems worked out, and has graphics that are still unrivaled by any other system, so far

I read an article this morning stating that some games are not backwards compatible with the PS3. Sony is taking the stance as "Yeah, we knew that going into it, and there is nothing that can be done." This right here is the reason I do not need a PS3 right, plus the fact there is nothing out right now that I HAVE to have.

I have been a die-hard Nintendo person since the NES. I got my cube from Walmart, the day of release, first person in my Walmart to get one, at 2am, on the way home from a trip to WDW..LOL. I plan to get a Wii VERY soon...and Zelda of course.

I thought the PS3 was having a release at the same time all over the world. Well, I really wanted the PS3 ages ago, and gone of it before I seen the price. Then thought about it again and really want it.....until I found my Xbox360 Christmas present.

Is it just me or are some parents really bad at hiding presents?

I thought the PS3 was having a release at the same time all over the world. Well, I really wanted the PS3 ages ago, and gone of it before I seen the price. Then thought about it again and really want it.....until I found my Xbox360 Christmas present.

Is it just me or are some parents really bad at hiding presents?

Either that, or they got a son who's to eager to know what he's getting in christmas present =P

I really want a Wii as soon as possible, but I think I'll wait atleast a few months, in hope of gettnig new colors to the Wii (Black, please (= ).

Well, I actually got to see the PS3 in person today and got to play it. (PS3 Credit?) Target has yet to set up their Wii stuff for people to try though. Mainly, the PS3 boasts some nice hi-res textures (Such as rocky looking ground, shiny bumpers/hoods and stuff) on this off-road truck game that I was playing. Otherwise, nothing really innovative...and the PS3 is huge.

I was listening to one of the local talk radio shows, and they said there are people already camping out for the PS3 outside the local Best Buys and WalMarts. I dont remember this happening with the 360 around here, I remember people camping out 1 day.. but 3?? That just seems crazy to me.

I just wonder.. How did they find the time to camp? did they take a vacation? are they unemployed, and if so, how did they get the effing money to afford it? eh.

I am going to wait the systems until next fall to decide. I most likley will get a Wii next fall and get a PS3 in summer of 08 ( Year I graduate from High School).

To be honest I think Sony and Nintendo are going to be the main competitors for this console generation, Microsoft sells are going to drop majorly over the next 2 years.

Also doesn't the PS3 and Xbox 360 cost the same now, since microsoft is selling the $200 HDdvd player?

5,000 Nintendo Wii's just went through the Toledo Ohio UPS hub and went out to places across the nation. Unmarked, but completely obvious with the "DO NOT SELL TILL 11/19/06" sticker on it.

That and it says "Sports Version" on the label.

Lookin forward to playin the demo at my other place of work.

It must be a first. Wii is actually being released the same time in Australia than the rest of the world. But we also have to wait until 1/4 of the way through next year to get the PS3. But it doesn't really affect me. I won't be able to have one anyway.

I'll always have my trusty *Non Sony* DS and Computer. Lousy Sony being expensive.

wow PS3's already got out to cool Japanese Circuit City aka Tokyo

and lotsa consoles 'round 100000 has been sold! me also

wonderin' i'm gonna get one but me gotta pay 'round 600 bucks for

that cool gadget and got to see the price was kinda suckin' for the

poor..... i guess Wii's more good than PS3 - Wii's only a bit over

200 bucks price then we must buy it! Wii call Revolution!

I'll probably wait until next year if I decide to get any system, but then I totally missed the xbox/PS2 era waiting. Didn't miss it though.

Maybe I'll just get a new Tickle-me-elmo next and put it on my desk at work. I can press its tummy when people ask for programming requests.

Me: "You want that by when?"

Elmo: (falls on ground) "hee hee heee!"

I think I'll get more use out of that.

Terrance "Still owns his Dreamcast" Weaver

That and it says "Sports Version" on the label.

Actually it says "White System W/Sports"

See

If you can make it out in the crappy picture of mine.

it looks just like the DS lite box, but bigger.

we are getting our playable PS3 tomorrow, but I just found out today that we are not getting any PS3s to sell for launch.......

I guess with gamestop not getting enough for their pre-orders (again), Sony is shipping more to the places that had pre-orders, and not any to us at Wii-Mart, only 3 stores in our district is getting any, about 28 between them all.

Oh well, good thing I didn't want one, I should still be able to get my Wii, we got half our Wiis in today, hopefully tomorrow we will get in the rest.

Sadly to say, my buddy Silent K and I are going to camp out thursday night for the PS3 system. We are nerds but we have been waiting for this for some time now. PLus, we'll have beer to keep us warm and there will probably be a Photo "Trip" Report if I can find my camera

I'm actually sitting in line right now at Best Buy. I'm responding from my cell. I've been here since Tuesday (3 people were already here). Best Buy is getting 4 60gig and 4 30gig. I'm getting a 60.... NOT! (Borat, haha)

I'm actually at home, I was thinking of camping, but I'm not going to be a pitiful nerd (No offence). People have been lined up in front of stores since Monday. There's supposed to be a REALLY bad storm coming early tomorrow (4 or 5am) and tomorrow night. Tornado warnings, lightning, hail. Stores here aren't even allowing tents. Sucks for these people!

Theres already 15 people at the store I work at. We will only have 10 or less. Sooo...bloodshed I sense.

Such a waste of money. Unless youve got a 40+inch tv WITH 1080P - its useless. You are paying all that money to get graphics no better than the 360 because of the lack of 1080P support on your TV.

If you do have a 1080P tv, either you are very in debt, or, you live for electronics.

I just cant see paying all that money. You wont even begin to see the potential released in it for a year or two.

At least the guys at my store were smart. We are open 24 hours. Best Buy isnt. And right now in the Northwest Ohio area, its like 40 degrees and RAINING.

HAHAHAHAHA to anyyone waiting outside. Its not worth it!\

I just saw a long montage for the Wii...I think Im sold. Not for awhile, but, the sword play, shooting, fishing, ping pong, etc. SOO much interactivity. PS3 is dead.