TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was The Last Coaster You Rode?

Decided to brave The Roller Coaster at NY-NY on Roller Coaster Day, as my boyfriend and I hadn't been on it in four or five years, and we'd never experienced the discomfort everyone else seems to have on it. Plus, there was already a mass exodus of Angelenos cramming I-15, so Desperado at the NV/CA border was out, and we had recently been on the two coasters at Adventuredome.

While my boyfriend thought it was only a little rough, I got knocked around those shoulder restraints for about a third of the ride, resulting in a lousy night's sleep 12 hours later. I don't have much structural or engineering knowledge of coasters, so I'm assuming it comes down to age and/or poor maintenance, especially since I hadn't had that issue with the restraints before.

It's kind of a shame. I actually enjoy the coaster's layout. But failing a refurbishment or serious fix, I'm done with that thing.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it bad to say that, at this point, I literally don't remember the last coaster I rode?

Mine Blower at Fun Spot. I thought it was definitely the better of the two Fun Spot wooden coasters. 

The Loch Ness Monster last night.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Invertigo at Kings Island. It was spur of the moment, kinda rough, awkward because there was this random girl riding with us and someone in our group was riding alone (long story), and my group was getting on my nerves. I think that defines just about every Vekoma experience if you ask me. At least I ate a Banshee cone in line!

My last coaster was Medusa at SF:DK yesterday. It was a horrible afternoon/evening there. Second year in a row I saw a horrible, jam packed bring a friend day.

Remember those scenes from jurrasic world where people were shoved up right onto each other? Yeah, that happened. Only there were no peterdactyles to carry off the strollers taking up 25% of the pathway.

I don't have a picture of it (but I'm sure there are plenty online) - X2 at SFMM. A great end to a great day - bonus that it was my sister's first time ever riding it. She loved it. I didn't share anything about the ride so that everything would be a surprise.

My first ride on: Schwur des Kärnan.

11958320_929878167085335_1473978731171447503_o.jpg

Picture I made.

Yesterday and it was dry until we boarded the ride and so we came out, I couldn't see a thing and my face was hurting so bad, and still this is my new favorite ride.

This thing of Beauty Friday night in the dark........walk on all day so the boy and I gave her 2 more spins before we left. He is just getting into coasters and he thinks this is his favorite so far. (Even after doing all of Hershey)!!

LNM.jpg.9ee9dd3a63e89656e37c20c43b870317.jpg

credit the pic to Chuck and the Park Index