TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was The Last Coaster You Rode?

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, which is growing on me. It’s not the smoothest, it feels like it was designed by an alcoholic monkey and if you stacked all of the midcourse brake runs from end to end it would stretch to Miami and back seven times but the music gimmick is really fun and for some reason I’m starting to like the thing. Maybe I’m just trying to be a hipster about it or something, I don’t know. Lol

25 minutes ago, coneyislandchris said:

Is it bad to say that, at this point, I literally don't remember the last coaster I rode?

I had to think hard and long to remember that my last one was Nitro back during Fright Fest 2019. Honestly, though, that has a lot more to do with the COVID 10 15 20 25 30 35 that I've managed to pack on rather than quarantine, though we've been pretty disciplined in that regard, as well.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:37 AM, coasterbill said:

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, which is growing on me. It’s not the smoothest, it feels like it was designed by an alcoholic monkey and if you stacked all of the midcourse brake runs from end to end it would stretch to Miami and back seven times but the music gimmick is really fun and for some reason I’m starting to like the thing. Maybe I’m just trying to be a hipster about it or something, I don’t know. Lol

I mean, not exactly high on the list but for what it is, it's fun enough. I would check the line and if short just spam it a few times and move on, I always enjoyed it personally! I was lucky, the 6 times I rode it over 2 days 5 of em the break runs basically weren't there. It IS awkward but I didn't mind...in a way I liked the slow then oh drop! feeling. The other ride a couple of em did really stop you and that did suck and ruin the ride. But yeah fun enough! Can even feel some force in the helix and if you reeeaaalllllly use your imagination can feel one or two pops of air lol 

As for last I rode. Boulder Dash. It was more of a let down than my first ride, and this was on a hot sunny day so can't even wonder if it was bad weather. In the day I'm sure was a helluva ride, those POVs are nuts but now? The first half was quite weak and the second was.....well not much better. Was a shame the fast relentless constant out of your seat ride was now pretty sluggish and gave at best pops of air. To think I drove the 2 hours for that ****  XD 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Steel Eel at SeaWorld San Antonio.  Fiesta Texas today was the most crowded I've ever seen an amusement park get (serves me right for trying to go during Spring Break 😆), but thankfully the lines at SeaWorld weren't too bad at all.

Capture.PNG

• 2 months later...

After my non-trip to CP today, my last coaster was the Schwarzkopf Wildcat at Adventure Park USA in Maryland on May 16.

Untamed this evening.   It hurts to admit this, but it is absolutely the best coaster I've ever riden.   I still might prefer Expedition Gforce, maybe, but Untamed I think is clearly the better overall coaster.    Kondaa is really good, really really good, but overall... Untamed is just wild.  The pacing is absolutely perfect.  Honestly it really feels to get faster, more intense, and just more twisted crazy as the ride goes on.  Only critique is it isn't my favorite first drop and it does lack strong +g forces. 

^ I don't think there's any shame in having Untamed as your #1, it looks like an awesome coaster.

My last coaster was this badboy. ⬇️  IMO, considering its target audience, this is legitimately a perfect attraction.

image.thumb.png.56074420f005e0db59ca17f1f4bca690.png

Wicked Cyclone yesterday at Six Flags New England. Definitely hurt the upper parts of my legs due to the multiple rides in a row but it was a good time and it was running fantastic. It was pretty much one-two train waits at the bottom of the stairs each time I went over there.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of prepaying for flash pass thinking the holiday Saturday would be busy but didn't know storms would be there all morning. The only advantage was on Superman due to the one train, but it was still annoying they packed the station. Bleh.

• 3 weeks later...