TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was The Last Coaster You Rode?

Coaster at Playland(PNE).

Only once, darnit. So crowded today,

I got just one ride in. Maybe tomorrow

will be less crowded. Maybe.

EDIT: The next day was muuuuch better. Got three rides in.

Could've done more, but no big rush to marathon it.

IMG_9171.JPG.2cf845ac54784abfe47a54772f00d70c.JPG

Looking back from Coaster's station.

Edited by Nrthwnd

it was the Mine Train at SFStl.

wanted to close it out with Batman, but after Ninja kicked my butt. . . Mine Train was the only other thing we could ride. . .LOL

and to be fair, despite the oncoming headache (still glad I did Ninja to experience it. .but that transition out of the 2nd loop. . wowsa, that was awful). . . . I still really enjoyed the Mine Train.

way faster than I was expecting, and pretty dang smooth.

. . .wanted to close it out with Batman, but after Ninja kicked my butt. . .and to be fair, despite the oncoming headache (still glad I did Ninja to experience it. .but that transition out of the 2nd loop. . wowsa, that was awful). . . .

I/Canada apologies for Ninja. It was originally our Scream Machine at the 1986 World's Fair (EXPO86) in Vancouver. And believe it, it had to be fit between two elevated roadways between the east neighbourhoods, and into downtown (our Viaduct). Also, ARROW went bankrupt after starting it back then, and it was taken over and finished by VEKOMA. But that second loop into a sudden "turn" had to be created to fit where it was located.

It was just as WTF then, as it is today. But hey - that's SF:StL's problem now, ha ha.

p.s. Happy 33rd Birthday, Ninja!

expo-86-dan-scott-vancouver-sun-sunda.thumb.jpeg.ae7f5c12841cabfd3ae062f799b0a978.jpeg

Where Scream Machine (Ninja) was located, at the 1986 World's Fair site. Photo from Vancouver Archives.

WORLD'S FAIR TRIVIA: On it's left was the World's Tallest Hockey Stick, and to it's left was a MAG LEV train demo vehicle (to ride), at the Japan Pavilion. Station was under that grey rectangle overhang. (o:

It was a great fair!

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. I knew it came from Vancouver, but hadn't seen a photo of it at the Expo.

I concur with Bert though. I first rode it in the early 90s (whenever I hit 48", not sure what year that was, we went up there every year with my aunt and her family). Even at that point it was not good, and it's only gotten worse since then. Boomerang is a better ride at the same height restriction. I'd rather still have Big Bad John, tbh.

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. I knew it came from Vancouver, but hadn't seen a photo of it at the Expo.....

another World's Fair Trivia SideBar: If you look at the top of the photo, that white triangle you see, is the General Motors pavilion, which housed what is now Mystery Lodge at Knott's! It's first incarnation was as "Spirit Lodge" and got huge lines to see it, all through the fair's time (6 months). I only saw it twice, as it was just too long to wait for it, as wonderful as it was.

You may now resume the "Last Coaster You Rode?" thread.

EXPO86backview.png.d8b4c94adfc38f85508cac430211eebe.png