TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was The Last Coaster You Rode?

This weekend I took my last ride of 2017 after a great day at SFSTL Holiday In the Park with Emily. I chose Batman the Ride in the back row, which was hauling complete ass on its winter wheels.

On a side not, Emily has never been much of a fan of sitting anywhere in the front row on inverted coasters. She enjoys more of the visuals on rides, so the front row has been our compromise on inverts. We were going to wait for the front row, but it was a 20-30 minute wait for the front vs. a one train wait for the back row. Typically, she pushes me to the outside, since she could almost care less about inverts. It's been forever since she's sat on the outside anywhere except the front, so I had to insist on her take the outer seat, since she's big on pleasing me. I was happy to see that when we hit the brake run she was actually grinning ear to ear and she really liked the back row since she sat on the outside and could see what was going on. WIN!

Montu, row 7 during Christmas Town. Is it like a rule for all inverts to run rip-your-face-off style during a Christmas event? I've heard stories about Batman, and ol' Monty was absolutely in-sane in 50 degree weather. Best ride I've ever had on it.

Montu, row 7 during Christmas Town. Is it like a rule for all inverts to run rip-your-face-off style during a Christmas event? I've heard stories about Batman, and ol' Monty was absolutely in-sane in 50 degree weather. Best ride I've ever had on it.

Yep, it's Newton's Fourth Law of Motion.

"A body in motion which wert built by Swiss engineers whose countenance shalt be initialised B. et M. shall remain in motion, the intensity of which is inversely proportional to the temperature of the surrounding air."

--Sir Isaac Newton, 1712.

Yep, it's Newton's Fourth Law of Motion.

"A body in motion which wert built by Swiss engineers whose countenance shalt be initialised B. et M. shall remain in motion, the intensity of which is inversely proportional to the temperature of the surrounding air."

--Sir Isaac Newton, 1712.

Well done

^Welcome to TPR, where some words are very magical and change accordingly to something more appropriate!

Mine was Mystic Timbers during Winterfest. Coaster riding in the freezing nighttime winter is a completely different coaster experience, along the ranks with riding during rain, fog, and anywhere close to midnight.

^ Oooooo that sounds like a really nice thing to have done, today.

It's a bit c-c-c-c-cold where we are, right now.

Hope it's warmer where you were/are, Bert.

the day started in the low 50's and drizzly/overcast (as you can tell in the pic).

it stayed tolerable until the cold front hit San Antonio around 3pm, then temps plummeted to the low 40's and they started shutting down rides (luckily IR stayed running, but the line got long.. after 2 walk ons earlier, we waited almost 35 minutes for our final ride in the front row).

so yeah, no snow, or heavy rain, but cold/wet/drizzly.

still, a good use of the day (I'll have a trip report up shortly with tons of pics of Wonder Woman, which is almost complete (and they were working on today!). . . .all ready to go except for the lift section).