TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was The Last Coaster You Rode?

^I'm sorry for your loss.

This was my second time visiting Kings Island and my first time riding Firehawk. I found it to be a truly amazing flying coaster, that I rode it about five times that day. Now, if I were to say that I rode Time Warp at my home park, Canada's Wonderland, then I'd need your respects.

I totally agree that Firehawk is severely underrated. I like it better than Superman. That opinion may not be popular, but that's cool. With such crap capacity, we need that line to be shorter!

This was my second time visiting Kings Island and my first time riding Firehawk. I found it to be a truly amazing flying coaster, that I rode it about five times that day. Now, if I were to say that I rode Time Warp at my home park, Canada's Wonderland, then I'd need your respects.

I totally agree that Firehawk is severely underrated. I like it better than Superman. That opinion may not be popular, but that's cool. With such crap capacity, we need that line to be shorter!

Luckily when I had visited the park last Wednesday and Thursday, all the rides were either walk-on's or had very short lines. So, waiting was not an issue. I feel that this is one of Vekoma's very few great coasters. The only other Vekoma coaster that I've greatly enjoyed is their Invertigo coaster which I found to be quite smooth when I've rode them at Kings Island and Dorney Park over the past couple of years. I do enjoy The Bat at my home park, Canada's Wonderland as well but, I found Firehawk and Invertigo (and Stinger) to be better.

Luckily when I had visited the park last Wednesday and Thursday, all the rides were either walk-on's or had very short lines. So, waiting was not an issue. I feel that this is one of Vekoma's very few great coasters. The only other Vekoma coaster that I've greatly enjoyed is their Invertigo coaster which I found to be quite smooth when I've rode them at Kings Island and Dorney Park over the past couple of years. I do enjoy The Bat at my home park, Canada's Wonderland as well but, I found Firehawk and Invertigo (and Stinger) to be better.

Yeah, Invertigo at Kings Island is the only Boomerang I've actually enjoyed. Flying Ace Aerial Chase was fun as well, leaving me with this weird positive feeling about all their Vekomas.

I tend not to complain and to enjoy something for what it is, rides and everything else too. There are a few rides on my "never again" list, and Vekoma is well represented. But I give credit when it's due, and they did well with the KI coasters.

I liked Invertigo, it was better than Boomerang @ SFFT. Firehawk on the other hand is my second least favorite coaster beaten only by Titan.

The last coaster I rode was Thunderhead at Dollywood. It has a great layout but is much rougher than I expect from GCI (only point of comparison is American Thunder at SFStL). It's my #5 woodie out of 15.