TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 261: Arvest Bank announces 10 year sponsorship deal

This is NOT a wooden coaster, people!

It's a wood coaster. Period. I simply refuse to allow such a stupid debate to take place on these forums. Let me make something clear to all of you because I've heard this argument before. El Toro is a wood coaster, not steel. Outlaw Run is a wood coaster, not a hybrid. Anyone who wants to argue that fact can argue it on a different forum. Got it? Good.

Carry on...

image.thumb.jpg.e9ba349abbec0c5417fa934db0229359.jpg

WOOD!!!!

Edited by robbalvey

I need an explanation please, what's the difference between Topper Track and regular Wooden Coaster track?

I believe Topper track is designed for less maintenance and a smoother ride. All it does is replace the top layer of laminated wood from a tradition wood coaster design. Iron horse is when there is no wood(meaning like a traditional laminated woody) and its a steel box the wheels run on. Hence the term I-box

You can clearly see from Robb's photo the top layer of laminated wood is replaced by the RMC topper track.

^Close! The top 2 layers of wood are replaced with 'topper track' which is then flooded with a special 'grout' mixture. With a 5 year track warranty, this baby is meant to ride like day 1 year after year.

More to come tomorrow from Silver Dollar City! You won't want to miss it!

So I got to ride Outlaw Run today, and this is most definitely the best coaster at Silver Dollar City. It's like the love child of Boss and Wildfire encountered too much gamma radiation and gained superpowers. It is my new favorite coaster, and one of, if not the best coaster I've ever ridden.

My sister and I were among the crowd on opening day. I personally thought Outlaw Run was absolutely breathtaking, but my sister was not impressed (she was probably the only one in the park who had that opinion )

I rode it twice with an hour wait each time. My family bought passes so we will be returning.

Edited by Woodie Warrior

Also, Yakov is no longer performing year round in Branson. He will only be performing in Oct to Nov this year. I don't know if his show will continue at all in 2014 though. But his theatre will remain in his ownership indefinitely, so I'm guessing he is still going to continue performing seasonally.

If you haven't done so already, please be sure to LIKE Rocky Mountain Constructions Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocky-Mountain-Construction/154373424599786

Please be sure to tell them that you saw the coverage on TPR, and if you're going on our Texas/MidWest trip, let them know how psyched you are to ride ALL THREE of their coasters this summer!

Thanks for supporting a great company!

--Robb

Also, Yakov is no longer performing year round in Branson. He will only be performing in Oct to Nov this year. I don't know if his show will continue at all in 2014 though. But his theatre will remain in his ownership indefinitely, so I'm guessing he is still going to continue performing seasonally.

Such a loss.

i'm absolutely loving the direction the industry is going with rides like this. Can't wait to see what the other parks get!

I'm hearing reports that some kind of malfunction with Outlaw Run occurred yesterday that required an evacuation via ladder to all the passengers. Since the GP always distorts these types of things, does anyone know what or if this happened and is the ride up and running today?