TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We visited this past weekend for the Harvest Festival.   We had a good but not great time.  Good because the park decorations are beautiful, the weather was great (although a bit hot), and riding at n

Posted Images

As much as I've been watching the construction all last year, it really feels like this video shows off more than I've seen even in person. A ride isn't a ride until there are people on it.

SDC is very much intertwined in the culture and economy of the Ozarks, and whatever they do feels like something the community has accomplished. This ride is a real achievement, and I find it amazing that so many of you are so excited for something us backwoods country folk have put together. We're overlooked by so many so much of the time it is genuinely surprising when people from far away stop to pay attention to us. I hope y'all like it; I'll be there this weekend myself.

As much as I've been watching the construction all last year, it really feels like this video shows off more than I've seen even in person. A ride isn't a ride until there are people on it.

SDC is very much intertwined in the culture and economy of the Ozarks, and whatever they do feels like something the community has accomplished. This ride is a real achievement, and I find it amazing that so many of you are so excited for something us backwoods country folk have put together. We're overlooked by so many so much of the time it is genuinely surprising when people from far away stop to pay attention to us. I hope y'all like it; I'll be there this weekend myself.

Wow that's a really cool thing to hear

The cold irony...the opening DID end up lining up with my time off after all. Though with a general "march" date no way I could've risked it, and had to plan my vaca days a few weeks ago. Damn. Ah well, 2014 a road trip is on order! It may just end at SDC me thinks!

For what it's worth, 2 members at CF have ranked Outlaw Run 2/723 above El Toro and 6/266 above Voyage

Ho-ly crap

This ride is the real deal. It does things wooden coasters shouldn't do, it feels so wrong! Unreal maneuvers, extreme airtime, hangtime during the inversions...Its a top 5 coaster for sure!

Just wow.

Can't believe how wow'd Robb and others were.

Let's not forget we still have to see IRat in action!

Plus the New Texas Giant...RMC are gunna be major players for the future!

Looks incredible! I absolutely love that we are entering a new age for wooden roller coasters, with the RMC coasters+Intamin pre-fabs raising the bar!

Are we all forgetting that this is the same company that helped build El Toro? We all knew that this was going to be a kick - A$$ ride for years to come.

Actually yes.

I think of their topper tracks/rebuilds mostly but also that was just construction, ya know? This is their first totally done ride. It was a ? but no longer!

Looks incredible! I absolutely love that we are entering a new age for wooden roller coasters, with the RMC coasters+Intamin pre-fabs raising the bar!

The coaster nerd/historian in me is a bit pained but what can ya say? Progress is a good thing, esp when so much of the GP hate woodies, and a great ride is a great ride!

Awesome job on the POV, and I am glad to hear that the ride delivers and meets and perhaps even exceeds expectations! I look forward to riding this one.

Now, if only those rumors about something like this showing up at Dollywood turn out to be true...

First of all thanks for the POV, Robb! WOW...seriously intense looking ride. I just love how there are NO handrails or boards to walk on after the lift, but I wonder how SDC will inspect the track daily. Cheers to SDC and RMC for building such an insanely awesome looking ride. Can't wait to ride it!

So this ride delivers like no other. From the top of lift to brake it's a heart pounding 39 seconds. The fake drop after the lift chain truthfully fooled people into thinking they were about to take off before plunging 81 degrees speeding towards the outer over banked turn that delivers a bit of weightlessness before planting you into a 3g plus turn over a few airtime hills that push you sideways through the lift. The airtime pops are comparable to NTAG, forceful and quick. The barrel roll is crazy and with a light train (few people riding) you get an insane hangtime coming out of the second roll.

This is a solid ride that should easily be in the top 10 and without a doubt should be a golden ticket winner.

If you have any expectations of what this ride will do, once you've ridden it, your expectations will be blown away.

Get out here and ride!

"My voice is gone. Probably not a bad thing". almost spit out my coffee laughing--a great nod to certain POV fans!

What a great video and of an insanely fun looking ride. Outlaw Run really does look like a perfect fit for SDC. Can't wait to try it out one day. I think could happily live on Powder Keg and Outlaw Run all day.

^^Chad, great little review of the ride!

Thanks for the footage, Robb. Outlaw Run may be short but looks to be a very solid ride since there's so much going on after the first drop. And how much sweeter it will be once all those trees begin to fill in. I'll have to get to SDC one of these days.

This ride looks incredible. It's pretty much a raven-length ride with Voyage's first drop, which must mean insane speed all the way to the end. I cannot wait to get on this ride in May, it definitely looks another top-notch attraction.

^ Remember, only one of them is a hybrid. Outlaw Run is wood coaster stack, steel rail, and trains with steel wheels, just like every other traditional wood roller coaster! This one just take the rules for a traditional wood coaster and throws it for a loop!

Now if someone would just design a Top 10 quality inverted looping coaster made out of tubular wooden track, that will really throw the nerds for a loop! Get on it engineers.....

^I'll bet that OR is going to make Mitch Hawker's wooden poll at least in the nine spot. I wouldn't doubt that at all.

I just watched the POV myself, and I have to say: This thing looks like the Skyrush of wooden coasters...

With better pacing.

And less deadly restraints.

For those of you who have ridden both OR and SR, which one is better in your opinion?