TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 261: Arvest Bank announces 10 year sponsorship deal

It's an excellent addition and I feel like it's getting passed over because it's not a coaster and Branson is pretty out of the way for a lot of people. It does seem inspired by Infinity Falls, Grizzly, Kali, and the like. It's really impressive already, and they don't have the drop built yet. This will tower over the Riverfront area.

We already bought our 2020 passes, so I'll have a couple updates in the spring. Hopefully SDC's PR will have some over this winter too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So it looks like I'm going back to Branson again next year; the first 2 weeks of March. About how early does the park usually open for the season?

They'll open for the area spring breaks. First two weeks will be doubtful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since their sister park Dollywood is allegedly announcing plans for reopening in the next month or so, I am curious to see what SDC is up to. Their social media pages have been pretty quiet and they haven't even been hyping up and promoting Mystic River Falls as of late with the construction updates. I am very curious to see the progress as it was originally slated to open at the end of the month before all the COVID19 stuff happened. But I am suspecting we can start returning to the park by Mid-June.

^I think it's actually somewhat responsible to just be quiet about reopening right now. No use getting everyones hopes up or crushed when there are so many factors at play. Wait till they're darn near certain about an opening timeline and then start announcing stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

So unless there's a spike in COVID19 cases, it looks like Silver Dollar City is set to begin a phased reopening on the weekend of June 13th-14th for season pass holders only. General public opening will be afterward on the 15th. (reservation will be required)

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Silver-Dollar-City-announces-reopening-date-for-2020-570923011.html

CHANGES:

Masks will be required and temperatures will be taken. (guests under 3 are exempt)

Metal detectors have been installed at the front gate by the old bag check area.

Capacity limits will be enforced to comply with social distancing guidelines.

White Water will also reopen to season pass holders on the 15th-16th and to the general public on the 17th.

Showboat Branson Belle reopens June 20th.

Mystic River Falls WILL NOT be opening and has been pushed back to a TDB date for later this summer.

Again, there is still a chance these dates will be subject to change.

LINKS:

https://sdcmedia.wpengine.com/

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/PlaySafe

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/reservations

I'm torn. I've been dying to go, we haven't had passes in the past few years so of course I pick the worst year to buy one. But I live in the SE corner of Missouri and people's behavior here doesn't give me much confidence. I just don't know.

Something I've been curious about since SF announced their pandemic guidelines, and now that SDC is following suit. Will masks be required while riding the rides as well, or just while on the midways and in the shops? I've been wondering about it because wearing a mask while riding a roller coaster or thrill ride seems impractical (please dont take that the wrong way. I fully support the parks steps towards safety and health).

I believe the answer is yes on rides. My son works at SFSTL and is hoping to get a call any day from them. He is not looking forward to working with a facemask either but knows it's better than keeping the park closed.

I am hoping that IF there is no spike within a few weeks of these openings that face masks will become optional for the customers.

Also hoping this means a very similar date for SFSTl and WOF since they must have gotten approval from the state.

Something I've been curious about since SF announced their pandemic guidelines, and now that SDC is following suit. Will masks be required while riding the rides as well, or just while on the midways and in the shops? I've been wondering about it because wearing a mask while riding a roller coaster or thrill ride seems impractical (please dont take that the wrong way. I fully support the parks steps towards safety and health).

We've seen people wear masks on giant RMC's so it's certainly possible. No one argues that it's going to be uncomfortable on a hot summer day, but if it's wear a mask or have the parks closed most of us will deal with it.

I've been wondering about it because wearing a mask while riding a roller coaster or thrill ride seems impractical (please dont take that the wrong way. I fully support the parks steps towards safety and health).

And they will get soaked and not able to breath through on water rides.

I won't be visiting any park as long as they require a mask.

^I set mine for the 14th for the same reasons. Depending on how things work out I might switch to the following Monday or Tuesday though.

One thing I haven't seen addressed is the usage of refillable mugs. I have some old grandfathered ones that I have used for years which im not sure if I will be able to now.

Edited by sdcfan88

I've been wondering about it because wearing a mask while riding a roller coaster or thrill ride seems impractical (please dont take that the wrong way. I fully support the parks steps towards safety and health).

And they will get soaked and not able to breath through on water rides.

Silver Dollar City has received a ton of backlash on Facebook of guests complaining about the masks. Numerous people have mentioned the masks on water rides, and SDC has said that masks will not be required on the large rides or water rides.

^ Well, somehow, they're going to have to adjust with the masks. However the park defines it's use.

Or for the time being, don't come back to the park at all. Simple.

Or for the time being, don't come back to the park at all. Simple.

Hence:

I've worn masks in summer heat and humidity. No thanks. I'll spend my money elsewhere.