TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 261: Arvest Bank announces 10 year sponsorship deal

Man, this thing looks incredible. One of these days I need to finally bite the bullet and travel to Silver Dollar City. With this and Outlaw Run in the same park, plus Powder Keg and Wildfire, it is high on my priority list of parks to visit.

Awesome video too! Wow! Amazing quality.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually they have been taking some steps to address that issue with TNT. They are also redoing several other support areas around TNT where the construction of Time Traveler was done.  

I also think new enthusiasts confuse intense with rough 

"Move" may not be the best way to word it. "Build a new version of it" is a better way to describe it.  Think of what Mystic River Falls is to Lost River. More than likely, it would be a completely di

Posted Images

Time Traveller doesn't look like it will blow me away like a lot of people say, and it is a bit too overhyped in my eyes.

How can you say it's over hyped when you have yet to ride it?

SDC app is reporting a 2.5 hour wait time. I know it's opening day but it is a Wednesday. Definitely seems like they have a hit

Sounds right. Outlaw Run had a 3 hour wait opening day. This is Spring Break for most area schools, so that's not unexpectedly busy.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst
I absolutely LOVED the video, Robb! Looks incredibly fun and unique! I love that every ride on it will be different. Definitely looking forward to this.

Yeah, his video was pretty solid. I used to think his comments were obnoxious and unnecessary. As I've learned to take life (and myself...) far less serious I like laughing at his cheesy comments and I enjoy them. There are plenty of other good silent videos to look elsewhere if that's what you desire.

Maybe it was the "My titties are jiggling!" comment that won me over...

SDC app is reporting a 2.5 hour wait time. I know it's opening day but it is a Wednesday. Definitely seems like they have a hit

Out of curiosity, I took a look at their Trailblazer add-on and it looks like you can use one skip per day on Time Traveler. If I remember correctly, the park did something similar for Outlaw Run as well. Did that last for the entirety of Outlaw Run's first season?

Out of curiosity, I took a look at their Trailblazer add-on and it looks like you can use one skip per day on Time Traveler. If I remember correctly, the park did something similar for Outlaw Run as well. Did that last for the entirety of Outlaw Run's first season?

Yes, for 2013 and 2014 both. Then in 2015 they switched and allowed one skip on Firefall. The last couple of years there haven't been restrictions.

Awesome video! And for those of us in the "no-spin zone" (but who LOVE coasters), it seems like a heaven-sent ride. (I also appreciate that the rider can actually SEE and FEEL the experience without coming off dazed -- a perfect combo of sensation and perception!)

Alice

^^love these 'little globe' type of pics from those 360 video's!! This one's probably one of my favorite's too!

Seems like a really unique fun coaster and another really awesome ride to SDC's lineup.

Great video. Nice to see it confirmed/reiterated that every ride will be unique. Maybe it was explained before, but the controlled spinning aspect made me wonder if the experience would literally be the same each ride. Incidentally, I'm now a lot more excited about Cobra's Curse after reading comparisons here--I'd kinda put that one on the back burner priority-wise. The same was semi-true for Time Traveler, but now I'm disappointed I don't know when I'll get to SDC next. Hopefully someday it will be unlimited on Trailblazer.

I love review season. Can't wait til they start pouring in.

True this.

Went to the park yesterday for my first time ever and LOVED IT! We where on the third public train out on TT and although it was a little chilly, our first ride blew us away! I will have a TR on another topic page up hopefully this weekend or tomorrow night!

Great video. Nice to see it confirmed/reiterated that every ride will be unique. Maybe it was explained before, but the controlled spinning aspect made me wonder if the experience would literally be the same each ride. Incidentally, I'm now a lot more excited about Cobra's Curse after reading comparisons here--I'd kinda put that one on the back burner priority-wise. The same was semi-true for Time Traveler, but now I'm disappointed I don't know when I'll get to SDC next. Hopefully someday it will be unlimited on Trailblazer.

I love review season. Can't wait til they start pouring in.

True this.

In an odd twist, although SDC is my Home Park with season passes, I'll ride Cobra's Curse this weekend and then TT at SDC three weekends later. WI'll be interesting to compare/contrast the Macks.

Thank you for the great vid, Robb!

This makes me want to come back to SDC soon... although logistics will be hard with 5 kids now. I've got the Cinnamon Bread on my mind and Outlaw Run to marathon again. This looks more impressive than Cobra's Curse and I love the multiple launches that keep the ride moving.