TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 261: Arvest Bank announces 10 year sponsorship deal

To your earlier posts about the SDC teasers, I could definitely see them incorporating some sort of theming involving early attempts at flight, although that's not too far off from Wildfire's story if I remember correctly.

You know, that makes a LOT of sense! Especially if the ride started off with a dive like the plane didn't work, but then swoops upward and flies for the rest of the layout!

Oh, and that drop looks ludicrous

And the fact that it drops right out of the station! There is no possible way that that could be the highest point of the ride, they haven't put up enough supports for that yet.

Just found this posted on Facebook. That has to be a 90 degree drop! A first of its kind Mack dive coaster?

Surely not. Maybe it is just the way they were hoisting it up? And the support is in the background? That just seems so crazy!

While I'm not convinced it isn't just camera angle, I don't think a vertical drop is crazy in the least for a park with an 87 degree drop already to get one that's 90 degree vertical.

Just found this posted on Facebook. That has to be a 90 degree drop! A first of its kind Mack dive coaster?

Surely not. Maybe it is just the way they were hoisting it up? And the support is in the background? That just seems so crazy!

While I'm not convinced it isn't just camera angle, I don't think a vertical drop is crazy in the least for a park with an 87 degree drop already to get one that's 90 degree vertical.

Yeah. WOW! I'm just so excited that they are building this! And I'm happy that I live only an hour away! i'm not one for themeing, but I cannot wait to see what they end up doing as a theme. Already this (maybe) dive coaster is looking better than any B&M dive coaster!

It's not just the angle - you can see how a support juts out at a 90 degree angle on the side. As far as I'm concerned I don't care how many launches, vertical drops, or rides from a certain manufacturer that a park has - why set limits?

Now to see the first inversion pop up out of the valley...

It's a 90 degree drop that goes down 70-100 feet and ends below the hill into a dugout canal and back into a half loop. There is a 2nd half loop with a large section of straight track erected crossing by the bottom of the drop. This track leads to the small rectangular building. Inversions and launches are pretty much confirmed now.

I am starting to agree with others that this could be a hybrid of the Time Travel theme with flying mixed in. Maybe we will see flying time trains like BTTF. Lol

IMG_20170804_120307561.thumb.jpg.a95acb60722f1dfa17102a134f414b57.jpg

Edited by sdcfan88

Best New Ride of 2017. Calling it now.

2017 is a bit ambitious. But for 2018? That's hard to say. We have RMC Raptor at SFFT, RMC Mean Streak, RMC Hurler, RMC GA Cyclone, Polish Intamin Mega Coaster, Blackpool's Icon multi-LSM Mack, Alton's GCI, and unknown coasters at KBF and CGA. Can SDC's coaster really beat all of these?

1. Its not opening til 2018

2. Im not saying this won't be great but you're really gonna make a bold statement like that when we have 3 pretty-much-confirmed RMC's opening next year, an RMC raptor, and whatever the hell Knotts and CGA are doing?

1. Its not opening til 2018

2. Im not saying this won't be great but you're really gonna make a bold statement like that when we have 3 pretty-much-confirmed RMC's opening next year, an RMC raptor, and whatever the hell Knotts and CGA are doing?

It's a time traveling coaster. It's opening a year before it opens to offset Lightning Rod.

Encountered a truck as I was leaving bringing more track and supports onsite. You can see more of the layout here.

That track in the middle of the photo looks to be either a launch or brake Run. Also, there looks to be the start of an inversion slightly on the right. I'm just stunned. This coaster just got really crazy in a short amount of time! I'm super hyped for this!

Okay, I fixed it. You got me... I’m not used to saying “New for 2018” yet.

But I do think it will be the best new ride of the year. With a rumored cost of $30 million, and from what I’ve seen from the ride so far, this ride looks much better than what the other parks are doing in my opinion.

But I do think it will be the best new ride of the year. With a rumored cost of $30 million, and from what I’ve seen from the ride so far, this ride looks much better than what the other parks are doing in my opinion.

I mean, it looks awesome, but Mean Streak???

I mean, it looks awesome, but Mean Streak???

Mean Streak does look amazing, but I think it just comes down to what he likes most in a coaster. And it already seems like Time Traveler will be an exceptionally unique experience. Already this coaster looks amazing and there's probably only about two hundred to three hundred feet of track placed. Mean Streak seems like it will be all about that airtime with a few inversions while something tells me that Time Traveler will be all about the positive g-forces and inversions. Although it definitely would be a nice surprise if it had some airtime moments.