TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 261: Arvest Bank announces 10 year sponsorship deal

Seeing that the track is a deep forest green color, I wonder if they are going with the Wild Mountain name. That is exciting that SDC is getting a huge new coaster. It seems like Outlaw Run just opened yesterday, even if it will have been five years next season.

Those are some amazing photos!! It really shows how massive this project is! Glad to see SDC putting in such a massive addition!!

It seems that nearly all the queue will be indoors given the location of the station relative to the hill and the four levels of windows that you see on it. Just how much theming will be in it is my question but more importantly even with long waits it'll have AC.

Those are some amazing photos!! It really shows how massive this project is! Glad to see SDC putting in such a massive addition!!

It seems that nearly all the queue will be indoors given the location of the station relative to the hill and the four levels of windows that you see on it. Just how much theming will be in it is my question but more importantly even with long waits it'll have AC.

That could definitely be the reason for the huge station building. The Lightning Rod queue is pretty much all indoors (with fans, not AC though), but it still made the line a lot more bearable during hot days.

From what I can tell, most of the queue will actually be outdoors taking up the old TNT switchback area. The loading area is just one side of one level of this building, with the train bays taking the other side. Looks like there is a maintenance level below and that's it. Most of this giant building has seemingly been built just to get the initial elevation for the first drop... I don't think it would look so massive if it wasn't so tall above everything on a hillside.

It's all about that first plunge... can't wait to see how it takes shape. Maybe it will be beyond vertical?

What's this odd shaped concrete form to the southeast of the concrete foundations for?

It's the foundation for the step up, underflip, sidekick, non-invert half loop, zero-g-roll. An element brand new to this project.

An official Teaser was put out by the park... Has a strong Baron 1898 feel to it. August 16th was previously slated to be the announcement date for the new attraction so this seems to be valid. Let the speculation begin.

IMG_4575.JPG.9de78f11fd4d8278edcf4bd76eca8a30.JPG

An official Teaser was put out by the park... Has a strong Baron 1898 feel to it. August 16th was previously slated to be the announcement date for the new attraction so this seems to be valid. Let the speculation begin.

Worried that all the wheels are hinting at a spinning coaster. UGH. They should just replicate Helix and watch the masses flood.

Been meaning to ask, what is a good time of year to visit this park? Weather, crowd size, night rides possibly, other considerations in the area...

Best I've found in that regard is early November. That's the beginning of their Christmas event, which isn't too crowded in the first couple of weeks. Plenty of potential for night rides, too, with the park staying open until around 9pm. It's also a good time of year to do some hiking in the area, as it's no longer hot and you're not dealing with mosquitos anymore.

Of course, this is assuming you aren't interested in visiting the water park.

Best I've found in that regard is early November. That's the beginning of their Christmas event, which isn't too crowded in the first couple of weeks. Plenty of potential for night rides, too, with the park staying open until around 9pm. It's also a good time of year to do some hiking in the area, as it's no longer hot and you're not dealing with mosquitos anymore.

Of course, this is assuming you aren't interested in visiting the water park.

Thanks! Hiking and nature in general is more appealing to us than a water park (didn't even realize there is one tbh). Glad you brought that up. We visited Dollywood last November and it was an awesome time, so I assume SDC would be similar. I don't mind the cold as long as the coasters are running.

You really shouldn't care about White Water. It's tiny and doesn't have anything you can't find elsewhere.

November is a great time, as it generally stays warm enough that the coasters can remain open even at night. The shows are best during Old Time Christmas as well, which runs all of November and December. The park is open more or less Wed through Sun 1 to 9, but it can vary, so check the schedule when you're making plans.

^ Yes thank you. I just checked this year's November schedule to get an idea and it's pretty much how Dollywood was last November. It's quite a while from now so we'll see how things go. Thanks again.

Now back to (possibly) spinny coaster musings...

Worried that all the wheels are hinting at a spinning coaster. UGH. They should just replicate Helix and watch the masses flood.

I agree, they should build an improved version of Helix and theme it on the level of Baron 1898 and they would have a huge winner.

I agree, they should build an improved version of Helix and theme it on the level of Baron 1898 and they would have a huge winner.