TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 261: Arvest Bank announces 10 year sponsorship deal

I could see the gold track possibly being for SDC

When did the B&M plant start making Mack track?

The 2018 coaster won't be a B&M

And you know this from official channels? I just ask, because it wasn't long ago, everybody in here was saying a 2017 B&M is on the way, and now it's a 2018 Mack. Yet, I've yet to see anything remotely resembling an official word for any of it. So until proven otherwise, it seems all of this is no more than speculation... Seemingly baseless speculation at that. Unless you have been personally told by a SDC higher-up "the 2018 coaster won't be a B&M", coming in here and saying that seems a bit pretentious...

And you know this from official channels? I just ask, because it wasn't long ago, everybody in here was saying a 2017 B&M is on the way, and now it's a 2018 Mack. Yet, I've yet to see anything remotely resembling an official word for any of it. So until proven otherwise, it seems all of this is no more than speculation... Seemingly baseless speculation at that. Unless you have been personally told by a SDC higher-up "the 2018 coaster won't be a B&M", coming in here and saying that seems a bit pretentious...

Man if you get this worked up about things that have absolutely no bearing on your life I'd hate to see you when you get news on something that does. You must be a real joy in real life. It's not speculation that the park is adding the coaster in 2018. This was confirmed verbally by the park at a two different functions.

The manufacturer of the ride comes from other sources other than park management that are actually working on the project. If you care not to believe that, I invite you prove that the information is false. It's not difficult to find information that the higher-ups went last August and visited Mack headquarters and rode several of their rides at Europa-Park including the spinning Bluefire. I'm not going to post proof as I don't have the right to post photos from their Facebook accounts without their permission and the hell I'm asking them just to soothe your curio usury. So I guess in the end if being acquainted with people who would know is being pretentious, I'll wear it like a badge of honor.

Forgot one thing - they went back in January to Germany. Weird how info of a signed contract came out around that time.

Man if you get this worked up about things that have absolutely no bearing on your life I'd hate to see you when you get news on something that does. You must be a real joy in real life. It's not speculation that the park is adding the coaster in 2018. This was confirmed verbally by the park at a two different functions. The manufacturer of the ride comes from other sources other than park management that are actually working on the project. If you care not to believe that, I invite you prove that the information is false. It's not difficult to find information that the higher-ups went and visited Mack headquarters last year and rode several of their rides. I guess if being acquainted with higher ups is being pretentious, I'll wear it like a badge of honor.

I'm getting worked up???

d1d9e18fa167e91bd88715a0517a208f.jpg

One thing you did get right, however, is that I am actually a real joy in real life, confirmed by many people every day, as well as all of the friends I've made in coaster enthusiast circles, so that was good intuition on your part!

Seriously dude, it was a legit question, that merited a legit answer, nothing more. And weren't you the one ridiculing somebody else for name dropping in the Valleyfair thead? Hmmm...

I answered your question - I guess if that makes me worked up and/or a pot/kettle calling a pot/kettle black I'll add those to my pretentious badge you bestowed on me. Man if I keep this up I'll win all of the Internet merit badges in no time.

To your last comment - I don't see any names or even titles for that matter because in the end you're really the only one that cares

Love coming to TPR but just as it occurs on SDC Fans, PhantomPoster32 aka Swoosh, clogs up the board with his all-knowing, better than everyone else attitude. It's pretty pathetic that someone can be so rude over something that's incredibly fun to most of us. Everyone is sick of it over there, including the PTB at the park. Just turn it off, man. Lighten up. You're rep is following you around all over the place.

Hey everyone! My family and I are traveling to Branson to visit Silver Dollar City theme park tomorrow. We are a group of six and want to know the best way to get around the park. Also, what is the best strategy to tackling Silver Dollar City at park opening. One last question: do we need to rent lockers while on the rides? Thank You!

Hey everyone! My family and I are traveling to Branson to visit Silver Dollar City theme park tomorrow. We are a group of six and want to know the best way to get around the park. Also, what is the best strategy to tackling Silver Dollar City at park opening. One last question: do we need to rent fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo while on the rides? Thank You!

Welcome to the Ozarks! The best way to do SDC, assuming you want to do all the big rides, is this order:

1. Powder Keg

2. Outlaw Run

3. Giant Barn Swing

4. Lost River of the Ozarks

5. American Plunge

6. Wildfire

7. Firefall

8. Thunderation

And make sure you go on the train and Flooded Mine at some point. Doesn't matter when. Flooded Mine only ever has a line right after the train lets out (FM'S entrance is next to the train's exit). Also doesn't matter when you go on Fire in the Hole; the queue will be basically the same length all day.

You don't need lockers, but you can rent them cheap if you want. They're floating, so you pay once ($3 last time I rented one, but it might have gone up since then), and you can sign in and out as you wish. There are stations near all the major rides.

And if you read nothing else, read these words:

EAT THE CINNAMON BREAD. TAKE THE CAVE TOUR.

Have fun!

Love coming to TPR but just as it occurs on SDC Fans, PhantomPoster32 aka Swoosh, clogs up the board with his all-knowing, better than everyone else attitude. It's pretty pathetic that someone can be so rude over something that's incredibly fun to most of us. Everyone is sick of it over there, including the PTB at the park. Just turn it off, man. Lighten up. You're rep is following you around all over the place.

He doesn't clog up SDCFans. We have seen that when he doesn't talk on that site, speculation is nearly nonexistent.

Hey everyone! My family and I are traveling to Branson to visit Silver Dollar City theme park tomorrow. We are a group of six and want to know the best way to get around the park. Also, what is the best strategy to tackling Silver Dollar City at park opening. One last question: do we need to rent fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo while on the rides? Thank You!

I don't know if I would do Powder Keg first, it rarely opens up on time. We almost always ride Thunderation first, when there isn't a line because TNT can get pretty long waits at some points in the day. American Plunge and Lost River of the Ozarks will probably always have long lines, so you might want to ride those soon after they open at eleven. But, being a Thursday tomorrow, crowds should be light I would think.

Hey everyone! My family and I are traveling to Branson to visit Silver Dollar City theme park tomorrow. We are a group of six and want to know the best way to get around the park. Also, what is the best strategy to tackling Silver Dollar City at park opening. One last question: do we need to rent 1ockers while on the rides? Thank You!

There are shelves to place your items on while ride on everything but the water rides. Your stuff has to go with you on both Lost River and American Plunge. On River Blast there are containers on the actual boats - but there is no guarantee that they will remain dry as the boxes don't always shut tight

Our usual progression of the park is... assuming you are not interested in the shows

1. Outlaw Run

2. The Giant Barn Swing

3. PowderKeg (it's usually open by then)

4. Fire in the Hole (be warned it is now on "summer splash mode" - you'll get a little wet)

5. WildFire

(LUNCH) you can go either earlier than normal or later than normal it'll be better for you.

During the normal "Lunch time" go on the water rides as the lines will be shorter.

6. Train (we usually go right after lunch to let our food settle)

7. Flooded Mine

8. ThuNderaTion

9. Grand Expo Area

10, Rerides/Firemans Landing

Thanks everyone for your replies. Phantom Poster reminded me of another question. Where are the best locations for lunch? Thanks again!

Well prefer to get skillet food down by the lumberjack camp, then take it over by the waterfall and sit there to eat. Skillet food is amazing. A must get before you leave!!

Thanks everyone for your replies. Phantom Poster reminded me of another question. Where are the best locations for lunch? Thanks again!

I'll be honest, no matter where you eat you will get great food.

There are two food court areas. One is near the entrance to WildFire across from the Saloon. They have everything from skillets to burgers and the usual theme park food. There is also a fried bread stand in the area that has sandwiches.

The other food court is near ThuNderaTion and it has skillets and other normal theme park food.

If you like BBQ - the RibHouse near Lost River is pretty good.

If you like Italian and Sea Food, then Sweet Mary's Springhouse near the Grist Mill

If you want Pizza - Crossroads near River Blast

Honestly I just recommend grazing all day and getting "snacks/mini-meals" so you can sample more stuff.

I don't know if anyone has recommended it yet, but we usually go to the Bakery which is right inside the park and buy (reserve) cinnamon rolls to take home later. These things are as big a dinner plate.

And it goes without saying, try the cinnamon bread from Sullivan's Grist Mill which is down the hill from the Ice Cream Parlor on the square.

Do anyone see this video posted to social media by SDC?

I find it interesting that they only show the trees past WF at the end of the video? Could this be resort or moving of White Water like has been speculated before? They wouldn't be posting videos in early July 2016 for a coaster opening in March of 2018 would they? That would have to be a very vague video and they say it's going to be BIG.

Weird video, but the spinning ball could be a clue.

(God, I hate myself for looking into that.)

Nooooooooo....... Maybe we were all wrong and they actually still are getting a B&M in 2017 (one can wish)

Or this is for something small like summer fireworks.

EDIT: yeah, watching the video again really makes it looks like this is just a one day fireworks display that you can watch online.

Nooooooooo....... Maybe we were all wrong and they actually still are getting a B&M in 2017 (one can wish)

THAT would be a miracle I would rejoice over, and I am not religious. lol