TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 261: Arvest Bank announces 10 year sponsorship deal

Where is the news of a coaster coming at all, let alone getting pushed back?

A man asks a question. The man must not be keeping up with the project.

There is a lot of land clearing, markers, and a huge project trailer on site.

Other than that, nothing "legally" obtained to prove that a coaster is coming.

But should a Mack coaster come, it won't be until 2018.

I've been keeping up, but when someone tells me that the ghost coaster is being pushed back...it made me think something official was out there.

As of now - announcement coming in August. Don't have the exact date yet.

I'd expect something vague though going off past experience with SDC

I was told that these rides will be closed and removed for the new ride coming in 2018.

So now it's suppose to be 2018??

I've determined that no one actually knows anything about what, or when "it's" being built at SDC. And those who do know, haven't/can't say anything because of the amazing "confidentiality" paperwork they had to sign.

For now it's all just rumors. Personally. I like the 5,00ft tall 1,500 mph, 120 inversion Intamin, and B&M aqua Trax." However, the new "Mack Spinner" coaster is a great rumor too.

Whatever this ends up being, I can't wait to see what it is, and how amazing SDC themes it!

I was told that these rides will be closed and removed for the new ride coming in 2018.

I've determined that no one actually knows anything about what, or when "it's" being built at SDC. And those who do know, haven't/can't say anything because of the amazing "confidentiality" paperwork they had to sign.

For now it's all just rumors. Personally. I like the 5,00ft tall 1,500 mph, 120 inversion Intamin, and B&M aqua Trax." However, the new "Mack Spinner" coaster is a great rumor too.

Whatever this ends up being, I can't wait to see what it is, and how amazing SDC themes it!

Yes 2018. The park is really hoping to be chosen to be the host park for CoasterCon in 2018. I was here on Friday during the ACE event. The management told us we should plan to come back in 2018 because "something big is coming."

The area behind those kiddie rides is having work done, and it goes straight down hill. A perfect area to put a first drop. I saw tape and a work truck down the hill from it.

Yes 2018. The park is really hoping to be chosen to be the host park for CoasterCon in 2018. I was here on Friday during the ACE event. The management told us we should plan to come back in 2018 because "something big is coming."

The area behind those kiddie rides is having work done, and it goes straight down hill. A perfect area to put a first drop. I saw tape and a work truck down the hill from it.

Rides are staying put. But you are correct about the year and location

During the tour of the cave today, a little boy asked if there was gold the cave and our tour guide said "There was no natural gold, but rumor has it that settlers stored their gold in the cave. Matter of fact, park management is trying to discover that gold probably in 2018" I think it's strange he would say something like that because the rumors have been saying stuff about a coaster themed around mining could be coming soon. Just pure speculation, but it's very interesting to think about.

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind if SDC went with a B&M flyer for their next BIG project/coaster.

From my (limited) experiences on Seaworld Orlando's Manta (fun!), two B&M Superman flying coasters (meh!), along with Gatekeeper at Cedar Point (okay!)...I'd choose a B&M flyer over a wing coaster. If SDC was to combine the best parts of SWO's Manta along with what I have seen of Starry Sky Ripper and Flying Dinosaur...AND...mix ALL of that into a terrain-hugging coaster as well...that could be FREAKIN' awesome!!!

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind if SDC went with a B&M flyer for their next BIG project/coaster.

From my (limited) experiences on Seaworld Orlando's Manta (fun!), two B&M Superman flying coasters (meh!), along with Gatekeeper at Cedar Point (okay!)...I'd choose a B&M flyer over a wing coaster. If SDC was to combine the best parts of SWO's Manta along with what I have seen of Starry Sky Ripper and Flying Dinosaur...AND...mix ALL of that into a terrain-hugging coaster as well...that could be FREAKIN' awesome!!!

If the ride was themed to mining, I highly doubt a ride with a flying experience would fit in with that theme. The best things that could go with that theme are a dive coaster or eurofighter, but, even the Mack launched spinning coaster could work with that.

^ That's a really good lead. A lot of people miss that the cave is the centrepoint of all of SDC's theming. It is the original attraction and the focus of the park (even though it's not necessarily the focus of guests--although it should be). So a theme of discovering gold in the cave is completely plausible for a new coaster, especially because it tells a story, and all of SDC's rides have not just a theme but a story behind them.

As I understand it, the park wants to refresh Grand Expo, and a new coaster gives a good reason to do that, just as Outlaw Run helped them transform the last vestiges of Tom Sawyer's Landing into the Crossroads, and Fireman's Landing helped refresh the eastern lakefront. I'll gladly take two off years in a row if we get something fantastic--and I fully expect that we will, whatever it is.

Omg. . . Don't say "B&M flyer" as the next coaster. . . It's like the end of the world to those who think they know everything the park is doing.

As much as myself and many others love B&M the current chatter is saying it is looking less likely to be one. The park could really use another B&M though, whether it be a wing coaster like the one at Dollywood or a Dive Machine. (which was hinted at in a recent survey)

If the ride was themed to mining, I highly doubt a ride with a flying experience would fit in with that theme. The best things that could go with that theme are a dive coaster or eurofighter, but, even the Mack launched spinning coaster could work with that.

Mystery Mine Version 2 anyone?

As much as myself and many others love B&M the current chatter is saying it is looking less likely to be one. The park could really use another B&M though, whether it be a wing coaster like the one at Dollywood or a Dive Machine. (which was hinted at in a recent survey)

Nope, a Hyper out in the back 40.

I love the Karnan concept for a Mystery Mine type ride considering both are Gerstlauer made.

I think the park could benefit from a custom Mack Spinner, the inside the mountain Mack Spinner going into that indoor park in China would help round out the coaster collection. I'd love to see a shuttle woodie like Switchback at ZDT with larger trains or the GCI version they have shown.

I think the park could benefit from a custom Mack Spinner, the inside the mountain Mack Spinner going into that indoor park in China would help round out the coaster collection. I'd love to see a shuttle woodie like Switchback at ZDT with larger trains or the GCI version they have shown.

The shuttle coaster, while very cool...would likely be a capacity nightmare...even with longer trains. Plus, I can't see them getting another woodie anytime soon.

I looked for, but couldn't find the spinning coaster you described.

The shuttle coaster, while very cool...would likely be a capacity nightmare...even with longer trains. Plus, I can't see them getting another woodie anytime soon.

I looked for, but couldn't find the spinning coaster you described.

Are they talking about this?

560x315.jpg.45c2a0a03c979ce99d540ebf8c611fa3.jpg

Yeah, that's the Mack spinner model. It wouldn't be my choice--I'm not a big fan of spinning coasters in general--but it would definitely be unique in this area, and very impressive to guests. I could see it going over well.

SDC doesn't need any shuttle coasters of any kind. They're not out to have the most coasters, and they're not going to build something for the sake of building something. They're out to have each ride be a memorable experience. For that reason, clones and shuttles just don't fit their business model. If they can't build exactly the ride they want, they'll wait a year so that they have the time and money to do it right.

Yeah, that's the Mack spinner model. It wouldn't be my choice--I'm not a big fan of spinning coasters in general--but it would definitely be unique in this area, and very impressive to guests. I could see it going over well.

SDC doesn't need any shuttle coasters of any kind. They're not out to have the most coasters, and they're not going to build something for the sake of building something. They're out to have each ride be a memorable experience. For that reason, clones and shuttles just don't fit their business model. If they can't build exactly the ride they want, they'll wait a year so that they have the time and money to do it right.

One of the bigger complaints I hear from family, frends and just others in passing is that the backward cars of TNT are gone. There's a bit of euthusiast preference going on. Who sez a company can't build a wooden shuttle coaster that's not memorable anyways. Out of the rides we last did on our recent trip, the ZDT woody was my crew's favorite including anything at SWSA and SFFT. As for capacity, you are talking about a park that put in a super low cap shot tower when they could have likely scored another, identical one used somewhere to compliment the existing one from CC for chump change.

Anyhoo, I have my opinions, you have yours, ain't no big thing

Mr Furious,

The park was called 7 kingdoms Mountain Pavilion search that along with Mack Spinner and you'll find pics.