TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

^ My life works in 3's, so... so be it. The pretzel brat for me, too!

Three things to definitely have, if ever I find myself at SDC!

P.s. A beverage there, "not to be missed"...? Like Butter Beer? Or a Dole Whip Float?

frozen jalapeño limeade

Can you imagine how awesome that would take with a splash of gin? So many missed opportunities.

I'm imagining it now.

It's really too bad Jesus said you can't have gin ever or you're going to hell.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Awesome reports and Time Traveler POV video. Time Traveler looks awesome and very reridable as each ride will different with being in different positions for the drop, launches and loops. I can only imagine what going those sideways is like. This looks even better than Winjas which is currently my favorite spinning coaster I've been on. I didn't need another excuse to get out to Silver Dollar City but now I have another one.

Awesome reports and Time Traveler POV video. Time Traveler looks awesome and very reridable as each ride will different with being in different positions for the drop, launches and loops. I can only imagine what going those sideways is like. This looks even better than Winjas which is currently my favorite spinning coaster I've been on. I didn't need another excuse to get out to Silver Dollar City but now I have another one.

No doubt that its reridable....but the 3 hour wait without a trailblazers pass is killing it's multiple rides in a day appeal....lol

So with three hour waits for Time Traveler is it safe to assume Outlaw Run will be a walk-on???

Don't get me wrong, I expect TT will be an excellent ride that I'll want to ride again, but if I can marathon Outlaw Run all day this week I'll be in heaven.

I haven't been on Outlaw Run yet, but I have hopes that it'll be the first ride since 2014 that'll be able to contest with my current #1, El Toro. El Toro is just so far above the rest that I haven't yet been able to find any ride that can even compete with it, which leaves me a bit disappointed. I've been spoiled since riding it.

NTaG is my only RMC so far, and it's a very good ride, but still not quite El Toro intense. I have hopes Outlaw Run will be different. Thoughts?

I haven't seen three-hour waits on Time Traveler yet. 100 minutes is the most I've seen. And yeah, Outlaw Run has had pretty short lines the last couple of years. It's just a bit too intense for SDC's normal clientele. I can't remember the last time I waited more than 15 minutes for it.

Wildfire is usually a walk on too. The only real coaster up until this year that has had a consistent line is Powderkeg. Probably why they went with the launched segments on Time Traveler to balance out the demand since launch coasters seem to be popular at the park.

I haven't seen three-hour waits on Time Traveler yet. 100 minutes is the most I've seen. And yeah, Outlaw Run has had pretty short lines the last couple of years. It's just a bit too intense for SDC's normal clientele. I can't remember the last time I waited more than 15 minutes for it.

Actually, that's pleasing to hear that waits aren't as bad as I was thinking. I'd like to give TT a couple rides if I like it.

I knew that, and I figured alone with the weather forecast this week Outlaw Run would have very short lines, but the fact that many might be at Time Traveler anyway would be even better.

I'm guessing I'll likely see waits more than 15 minutes on it Memorial Day weekend though?

Maybe. Not really sure on that one as we tend to avoid holiday weekends. It's going to be hard to predict how Time Traveler affects it. So far everyone's been going to Time Traveler and the other lines have been short. Outlaw Run is the most intense coaster, but it's also the looping coaster with the lowest height requirement at 48" (Time Traveler 51" and Wildire 52"). It's also down a long path with not much along it, so I think it gets overlooked.

Maybe. Not really sure on that one as we tend to avoid holiday weekends. It's going to be hard to predict how Time Traveler affects it. So far everyone's been going to Time Traveler and the other lines have been short. Outlaw Run is the most intense coaster, but it's also the looping coaster with the lowest height requirement at 48" (Time Traveler 51" and Wildire 52"). It's also down a long path with not much along it, so I think it gets overlooked.

Thanks, I'll scout out queues on my preview night, but as of now I'll still plan on a Timesaver. I just remember reading through this thread how long the queues were opening year for Outlaw Run.

^Be aware that SDC uses a different system than DW. I haven't used them before myself, but I believe the trailblazer passes have limited uses on TT. The standard issue only gives you one use on it, or so I've heard.

The queues for TT have reached 3 hours on some days (or so I've been told by people who were there at the time). The problem is that right now there's nothing else going on in the park to spread the crowd out more. No shows, half the shops closed, very few craftsmen on park yet, etc. Spring ride days only give you half the experience of SDC, and everyone is in line for the coasters.

TT has also had some teething problems that have made things more interesting with judging how to get rides in. It's not at the level of Lightning Rod or anything, but it has been up and down over the past couple weeks due to issues with the cars not lining up right in the station causing the restraints to not open. I think it's getting better already? Or at least I didn't hear as much complaining last weekend. I'm sure it will only get more reliable as they work on it towards Summer.

I think the park will be much more enjoyable in April. This summer will see some long ass lines on TT, but the rest of the park should be closer to "normal" with crowds better dispersed.

Edited by Shavethewhales

Apparently I went on the worst day of spring break....but yeah. TT was 2 to 3 hr wait (without passes) all day. OR was 1-1.5 hr and even WF had it's 2nd floor queue open and a 45min wait.

Hopefully the waits will get better when the shows and stores fully open up too.

^Be aware that SDC uses a different system than DW. I haven't used them before myself, but I believe the trailblazer passes have limited uses on TT. The standard issue only gives you one use on it, or so I've heard.

I saw the limited use on Time Traveler. I plan to try and rope drop it once, hit it midday with the Timesaver, and ride it again around closing.

Does their Timesaver let you wait for a specific seat or do they pre-assign you a row?

I saw the limited use on Time Traveler. I plan to try and rope drop it once, hit it midday with the Timesaver, and ride it again around closing.

Does their Timesaver let you wait for a specific seat or do they pre-assign you a row?

With a trailblazers pass...you get to skip the line up to the point they assign you to a row. On the day I rode....one of the trains had one car that had broken restraints and wasn't being used (last car). So the pre-assignments didn't matter since every 3rd train had to skip 2 pairs of assignments.

I'd highly recommend the back two cars....start facing forward for the best chance to hit the drop going backwards. I went down sideways and it was great.