TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

A recap on the top three possibilities from what we know:

#1 Helix-esque coaster with possibly the most inversions or fastest speed. A first being the steepest vertical drop on a Mack Mega Launch Coaster. Expect incredible G-forces and/or airtime.

maxresdefault.jpg

#2 As mentioned before a while back, this could still possibly be the first true Mack Dive Coaster using their new Big Dipper cars. While that alone being a first, it may also include the fact that it would be the longest Dive Coaster ever built and the first Dive Coaster with launch elements. (I do not count Lost Gravity as one as it is more of a Eurofighter in terms of its layout.)

#3 The widely rumored Extreme Spinning Coaster. Same layout as the Mega Launch Coaster but with a multi-car coaster train that either has all cars spinning or some spinning. Several launch elements/sections will be included along with possible elements/sections that will do a controlled rotation thru segments of the ride like Cobras Curse. Firsts will of course be the first spinning coaster with a vertical drop and the first with inversions. (If you do not count Blue Fire with the spinning car on the rear)

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by sdcfan88

Having seen the station in person, these absolutely will be two across seating. The opening is not wide enough for trains any wider than that.

Thats what bothers me about the spinning concept too, while the spinning cars in the test video are two across they look almost as wide as the Big Dipper Trains and even wider if they are turned in any way. But again the current setup could indeed be a temporary safety measure for the announcement as they are apparently doing a tour of the site and the station building for the media. I will be one of the people on site for this.

Maybe the very last car on each train will be spinning. That way, and protein spills go out the back of the train avoiding people in the first few cars. Maybe the cars will hit a trigger after leaving the station, perhaps after the fin-mag-brake going over the first drop leaving the station.

Ok, the only real logical fact there is a mag brake going over the first drop, but who knows! I hope it's similar to Helix. Brakes going over drops always feel silly to me... I mean, is a 90 degree drop that important!?

I am still hoping for some sly BTTF Part III references in the ride theming. They already have been with the Jules Verne teasers since the author was an idol of Doc. Brown. lol

The first drop illustrated:

giphy.gif

Edited by sdcfan88

Less than 2 Hours Left Until Our Biggest Announcement Ever. Be sure tune into Facebook Live at 11:00AM (CDT)!

It's almost here!!!

Looks like I have to get my laptop now to watch theirs and kd at the same time. #FirstWorldProblems

Less than 2 Hours Left Until Our Biggest Announcement Ever. Be sure tune into Facebook Live at 11:00AM (CDT)!

It's almost here!!!

Looks like I have to get my laptop now to watch theirs and kd at the same time. #FirstWorldProblems

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_zone

I'm definitely way more excited for this announcement than Mean Streak's. I don't care what the layout is or the cars are. I just want to know what this thing is! It's just so unique!

For the Mean Streak announcement, all I want to know are the stats, trains, and name. We already know most all of the rest, so I can't foresee any big layout surprises. Mean Streak may be the biggest RMC to date, but it still pales in my curiousity to SDC's ride.

Mean Streak's announcement is at 12:00 EST, right? (AKA 11:00 CDT — same as SDC) If so, then the true first world problem is having to get out two devices to stream two separate, major leisure time industry announcements because it is your hobby.

I'm definitely way more excited for this announcement than Mean Streak's. I don't care what the layout is or the cars are. I just want to know what this thing is! It's just so unique!

I'm right there with you.