TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Austin Zamora sent some photos into SDCFans.

Definitely several fun inversions on this thing. I'm just surprised at how short it is. It's definitely going to confuse people if they keep calling it their biggest ever. I know it is the most expensive, but unless they are going to enclose part of it or something it's not a huge coaster for the cost.

I predict this will be a sleeper hit though. The layout just screams fun to me. Awesome vertical drop, cool distorted inversions, a launch half way through, probably some cool theming, and maybe something wacky with the cars? Lots to look forward to.

20707810_504558829891889_1968159175_n.jpg.8e73a3f66153a8579247c79f59aa68be.jpg

20707815_504504323230673_1897256704_n.jpg.c8eaaa168c38d3ccab655aa9682447d1.jpg

20750575_504491113231994_616003955_n.jpg.ee45c8b02fe8acd28f57a0989d0194cf.jpg

20751474_504558699891902_1680344105_n.jpg.e92d665f48896bd0e4c66674241bc605.jpg

That coaster is looking seriously bizarre. Though, how can we call the coaster short this early in construction? Unless the track has been nearly setup but I can't see it in the photo, I don't think we really have enough to judge scale from. Last I saw, there is still a ton of footers ready to be placed. Also we have no clue how it's gonna get back to the station. I do agree that this will be a sleeper hit for 2017, though I've seen a lot more attention on this project since that insane 90* drop was built. Either way, I can't wait to see some concept art on August 16th!

LOL This coaster just keeps getting better and better.

Coaster enthusiasts be like:

tenor.gif

And its nice to finally see where that twisty thick spined track I posted up a while back went to.

I knew it had to be for inversions and such.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be] Edited by sdcfan88

The thing is that you can't even see into the valley from the road. That drop is over a 100ft. It's probably not much shorter than OR or even Wildfire, but it's a completely different perspective that makes it look smaller. There's probably less than half the track put up yet as well. It seems like it is going to be pretty tightly wound though.

Just asking, but has anybody figured out, how the coaster comes back to the station?

From how the station's positioned, and that first drop, it could be a repeat of

Adventure Express in KI, or any coaster where the lift hill is at the end of the run.

Just curious.

Its rumored to be a multi-launch. There is already a probable launch being constructed where that stretch of straight track is being placed next to the initial loop. Think along the likes of Helix or Maverick.

20769971_10159055449330063_8280321054412040441_n.jpg?oh=e1cb64fb3fb1ddcbcb3719be2df832f9&oe=5A2CA805

That inversion looks very much like this one. (Helix btw)

BkxZc6_IQAASylY.jpg

Man, this thing is looking fantastic! I'm so glad we are getting a huge Mack coaster in the US. 'Bout time they build a huge ride here, considering the awesome stuff they've been doing overseas. I really hope it isn't a spinning coaster though. Something like Helix is plenty good enough for me, at least!

Just asking, but has anybody figured out, how the coaster comes back to the station?

Adventure Express in KI, or any coaster where the lift hill is at the end of the run.

Just curious.

Oddly enough, SDC does have a repeat of Adventure Express in Thunderation, and they do it way better. Powder Keg has a lift at the end too. They have a tendency toward making their coasters actually more intense as the ride goes on, building toward a climax like a good story does.

Just curious.

I imagine that the push up the hill will be by launch as well.

Google is your friend. I haven't seen the layout but I have seen the logo with the ride name over on another forum. However its being said both are fake. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to further share it. There was a lot of backlash when Outlaw Run got leaked.

Seriously, it's just six days. I'm as stoked as anyone, but you might as well wait for the official announcement at this point and get legit info in a fun way rather than ruin everyone's suspense. I'd hate to see the park get disrespected when they are trying to bring us so much fun.

Also, I'll definitely call into question the authenticity of the supposed leaks anyway. What I've seen looks pretty fake. There are definitely some people with good art skills who try their hand at imagining concepts for parks, and then there are some who are just into trolling/clickbait/attention.

Just six measly more days to get the real scoop.

Most of our regular members know this but it is worth mentioning that any posts leaking real or false information will be removed so it isn't worth posting it here for internet cred.

As everyone else I am looking forward to the official announcement!

This coaster is looking amazing. I just can't believe how such a quaint and calm park like Silver Dollar City can devise such crazy rides. Though, I'm kinda baffled by the complete absence of theming anywhere during the ride. Maybe they will pull an Outlaw Run and use the terrain and setting as the theme, but if they go with the time travel theme, it would be hard to symbolize time travel with out at least some theming during the ride. Maybe the theming will come at a later time in construction or do what Hansa Park did with Karnan and add the theming after the ride was built to spread out the cost.

This coaster is looking amazing. I just can't believe how such a quaint and calm park like Silver Dollar City can devise such crazy rides. Though, I'm kinda baffled by the complete absence of theming anywhere during the ride. Maybe they will pull an Outlaw Run and use the terrain and setting as the theme, but if they go with the time travel theme, it would be hard to symbolize time travel with out at least some theming during the ride. Maybe the theming will come at a later time in construction or do what Hansa Park did with Karnan and add the theming after the ride was built to spread out the cost.

The next to last pic show's what I believe is the foundation of a show building mid course the opening is the door to mechanical.