TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Best New Ride of 2017. Calling it now.

2017 is a bit ambitious. But for 2018? That's hard to say. We have RMC Raptor at SFFT, RMC Mean Streak, RMC Hurler, RMC GA Cyclone, Polish Intamin Mega Coaster, Blackpool's Icon multi-LSM Mack, Alton's GCI, and unknown coasters at KBF and CGA. Can SDC's coaster really beat all of these?

1. Its not opening til 2018

2. Im not saying this won't be great but you're really gonna make a bold statement like that when we have 3 pretty-much-confirmed RMC's opening next year, an RMC raptor, and whatever the hell Knotts and CGA are doing?

1. Its not opening til 2018

2. Im not saying this won't be great but you're really gonna make a bold statement like that when we have 3 pretty-much-confirmed RMC's opening next year, an RMC raptor, and whatever the hell Knotts and CGA are doing?

It's a time traveling coaster. It's opening a year before it opens to offset Lightning Rod.

Encountered a truck as I was leaving bringing more track and supports onsite. You can see more of the layout here.

That track in the middle of the photo looks to be either a launch or brake Run. Also, there looks to be the start of an inversion slightly on the right. I'm just stunned. This coaster just got really crazy in a short amount of time! I'm super hyped for this!

Okay, I fixed it. You got me... I’m not used to saying “New for 2018” yet.

But I do think it will be the best new ride of the year. With a rumored cost of $30 million, and from what I’ve seen from the ride so far, this ride looks much better than what the other parks are doing in my opinion.

But I do think it will be the best new ride of the year. With a rumored cost of $30 million, and from what I’ve seen from the ride so far, this ride looks much better than what the other parks are doing in my opinion.

I mean, it looks awesome, but Mean Streak???

Mean Streak does look amazing, but I think it just comes down to what he likes most in a coaster. And it already seems like Time Traveler will be an exceptionally unique experience. Already this coaster looks amazing and there's probably only about two hundred to three hundred feet of track placed. Mean Streak seems like it will be all about that airtime with a few inversions while something tells me that Time Traveler will be all about the positive g-forces and inversions. Although it definitely would be a nice surprise if it had some airtime moments.

Encountered a truck as I was leaving bringing more track and supports onsite. You can see more of the layout here.

That track in the middle of the photo looks to be either a launch or brake Run. Also, there looks to be the start of an inversion slightly on the right. I'm just stunned. This coaster just got really crazy in a short amount of time! I'm super hyped for this!

SAME! Already, this looks like something I will scream out of fear on. There are only a few coasters that I've ridden where I've been legitimately terrified, looks like I'm about to add one more to the list. I mean, already it looks like an action packed ride. I mean just as you leave the station you are already plunging straight down into a valley!

Mean Streak does look amazing, but I think it just comes down to what he likes most in a coaster. And it already seems like Time Traveler will be an exceptionally unique experience. Already this coaster looks amazing and there's probably only about two hundred to three hundred feet of track placed. Mean Streak seems like it will be all about that airtime with a few inversions while something tells me that Time Traveler will be all about the positive g-forces and inversions. Although it definitely would be a nice surprise if it had some airtime moments.

Mean Streak looks great, but it’s really not innovative (from what we’ve seen so far). I’ll most likely be riding RMC Mean Streak and Time Traveler on both of their opening weekends. But I put a greater value in innovation than stats. Though Mean Streak looks great, it will most likely ride like every other RMC, which is far from a bad thing. But with Time Traveler (or whatever they decide to name it) you’re riding something unlike anything else in the world. How cool is that?

The exact same thing happened in 2013 with Gatekeeper and Outlaw Run. Tried and True vs. Crazy cool, innovative ride. I distinctly remember people being more excited for Gatekeeper, because the stats were impressive and everyone loves a good B&M. But nowadays, I don’t know anyone who would say that Gatekeeper is a better coaster than Outlaw Run. Mean Streak really just looks like a larger version of every other RMC Iron Horse conversion. Again, that’s NOT A BAD THING!!! But I’d like to participate in something exciting, new, and innovative instead of a larger version of something I’ve already rode. But again, I’M RIDING BOTH NEXT YEAR!

Mean Streak looks great, but it’s really not innovative (from what we’ve seen so far). I’ll most likely be riding RMC Mean Streak and Time Traveler on both of their opening weekends. But I put a greater value in innovation than stats. Though Mean Streak looks great, it will most likely ride like every other RMC, which is far from a bad thing. But with Time Traveler (or whatever they decide to name it) you’re riding something unlike anything else in the world. How cool is that?

The exact same thing happened in 2013 with Gatekeeper and Outlaw Run. Tried and True vs. Crazy cool, innovative ride. I distinctly remember people being more excited for Gatekeeper, because the stats were impressive and everyone loves a good B&M. But nowadays, I don’t know anyone who would say that Gatekeeper is a better coaster than Outlaw Run. Mean Streak really just looks like a larger version of every other RMC Iron Horse conversion. Again, that’s NOT A BAD THING!!! But I’d like to participate in something exciting, new, and innovative instead of a larger version of something I’ve already rode. But again, I’M RIDING BOTH NEXT YEAR!

I hope to ride both next year, too. Not opening weekend but all the same. SDC is of course my home park so I will of course go there probably about thirty times next summer. Other than that I will be going to Silverwood for the first time (I have some family that just moved up to Idaho), Cedar Point, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas (maybe). I've been wanting to go to Fiesta Texas for a while now since they have the old Batman: The Ride from Six Flags New Orleans, Iron Rattler, lot's of Texas charm, a good mix of thrilling and flat rides, and some pretty awesome water rides. After Wonder Woman was announced, i knew that it was time for me to finally make the eleven hour drive down to San Antonio.

I know New Mean Streak will be a great ride, but in my opinion a ride that contains many "world's firsts" like SDC's is said to have should be considered best new ride before a ride that has been done before, even if it is much better than the existing ones. However the new coaster at SF Fiesta Texas should be true competition for this title. That is truly a "world's first" and whenever RMC does something new and awesome that ride seems to win best new coaster (OR 2013 & Lightning Rod 2016).

Here are my photos shot with my DSLR from yesterday. These images speak for themselves. This is a game changer whatever this Frankencoaster is <<

Oh and the queue line progress which in itself is crazy massive.

And as a bonus, here is a video to go with this:

20617111_10155572665892232_5886313937128108655_o.thumb.jpg.81e2b7d8aac7b065d7a046df76e7e26b.jpg

20616824_10155572667217232_5239813001720366512_o.thumb.jpg.6de7fab71be4106c21756245396b0f43.jpg

20617234_10155572665937232_732655472120821062_o.thumb.jpg.f657d82c437e7cfc346640c5b8e6a300.jpg

20543833_10155572667027232_951738929931889092_o.thumb.jpg.9b0a8ea18bbf15c5e76816f54899092d.jpg

20643363_10155572666197232_5576726877619036127_o.thumb.jpg.94148595c45b01a8ab1ef10c4ce5d18e.jpg

20615972_10155572666782232_7133621902809109820_o.thumb.jpg.2098acc685106ab21e1fd03b921169a7.jpg

20617188_10155572665832232_2553161535860491287_o.thumb.jpg.fe212e125c06405d7a95580143868f60.jpg

20615899_10155572664932232_6506033613626881423_o.thumb.jpg.79c4301043284eaf6dd7012693e4eb97.jpg

20645237_10155572665567232_1433592649082865991_o.thumb.jpg.3d3912cb3a34e1eeb3943cbc6db5e96b.jpg

20626561_10155572664942232_3753093442463688242_o.thumb.jpg.bf1e450b900eb4c153a3ece28146cab0.jpg

It's a 90 degree drop that goes down 70-100 feet and ends below the hill into a dugout canal and back into a half loop. There is a 2nd half loop with a large section of straight track erected crossing by the bottom of the drop. This track leads to the small rectangular building. Inversions and launches are pretty much confirmed now.

I am starting to agree with others that this could be a hybrid of the Time Travel theme with flying mixed in. Maybe we will see flying time trains like BTTF. Lol

img_20170804_120307561.jpg

Holy crap I go away for a day and suddenly i'm planning a trip to Branson next year.

Edit - Now i'm no expert but what's with that extra metal in the middle of the two running rails? Holding brake to be installed? Might this be a new version of the Lost Gravity tech?

...Now i'm no expert but what's with that extra metal in the middle of the two running rails? Holding brake to be installed? Might this be a new version of the Lost Gravity tech?

It's most likely for a trim, or a holding brake!!!

Looks like we will be getting our season passes to SEX next season again!!!