TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

pfft, the cinnamon bread is a ride, golden ticket award 2017 for best coaster is Cinnamon bread.

Cinnamon Bread is like the Millenium Force of theme park snacks. It's very good, but it's overrated to the point that it just ruins it entirely. It's not even the best snack in the park. Get a blueberry ice cream cone in front of Grand Exposition and you'll forget Cinnamon Bread ever existed.

^Dude... I had the Cinnamon Bread at Dollywood (never been to SDC), and it WAS fantastic! But what you just said about the Blueberry Ice Cream Cone got my eyes big and round with a much greater anticipation than any Cinnamon Bread did!

(Though I disagree about the dig on MF you used! )

^Dude... I had the Cinnamon Bread at Dollywood (never been to SDC), and it WAS fantastic! But what you just said about the Blueberry Ice Cream Cone got my eyes big and round with a much greater anticipation than any Cinnamon Bread did!

(Though I disagree about the dig on MF you used! )

Cinnamon Bread who?

IMG_0961.thumb.JPG.13d5467466342c3ad29255dbdf2f54f7.JPG

Cinnamon Bread is like the Millenium Force of theme park snacks. It's very good, but it's overrated to the point that it just ruins it entirely. It's not even the best snack in the park. Get a blueberry ice cream cone in front of Grand Exposition and you'll forget Cinnamon Bread ever existed.

This is gonna be fun.

6359783797990893811726076784_tumblr_mruqtyDrWn1sxhvrao1_400.gif.06f659f4cbe52afc015f601bfaf737e4.gif

^^^^ My question is... Is it really ice cream? Or is it what they call "soft serve?"

Which most times, isn't ice cream at all. (See: Dairy Queen) Just asking, here.

and ^ that's pretty funny.

I just got back from the park today. I saw the posts about the blueberry soft serve and had to try it out. Its great, but my favorite ice cream at the park is still the cookies and cream at the old ice cream parlor on the square. Its like half oreo/cake half ice cream.

The station is coming along super quick as always. Its nearly framed in now and you can see where the entrance will be and where the coaster will go. We'll have to make some glorious MS paint art soon to guess at where everything will go.

Outlaw Run no longer has steel wheels. Much quieter now, still crazy fast and smooth. Powderkeg seems to have even more problems lately due to the restraints acting up.

. . . Outlaw Run no longer has steel wheels. Much quieter now, still crazy fast and smooth....

Interesting. Do we know if the new wheels are here to stay, or is it more of a test thing, or an early season thing??

Powderkeg seems to have even more problems lately due to the restraints acting up.

I remember towards the end of the season last year powder keg having more issues than I can count with restraints. It seemed like it would go down nearly every cycle until they finally removed a train. . . The train seemed to stay off the track most days, and any time they put it back on, the break downs continued. . . There were several times we got stuck on the ride to the restraint issues. . . I was hoping the off season would have given them the time to fix that.

Had a great first visit to the park before I process in at Cedar Point this week to prep the park for the summer.

Notes: love a hill-y park. Powder Keg was a huge surprise, never saw it have any downtime. Back row was by far the best and packed some good airtime. Wild Fire was pretty cool, my friend lost his phone after not using a locker or a bin (no sympathy for him).

Thunderation was just OK IMO, didn't find it to be re-rideable.

Outlaw Run became my second favorite RMC under Texas Giant, Outlaw Run is more intense but I love the length of NTG. I was surprised I liked the front better on this ride than the back (except for on the first drop). Can't say I'm a big fan of those RMC lap bars. This was my second inverting wooden coaster, rode Son of Beast with and without the loop (RIP).

Staff was very friendly, theming was top notch. Tried the cinnamon bread (original and peach cobbler), and the blueberry ice cream (yum).

Love the mini S&S towers, best airtime IMO. The park had a pretty confusing layout.

My favorite thing: There is so much to do there that the park was very packed, but the rides were still walk ons. Loved it. Hope to be back soon, and hope to see some of you at Cedar Point this season!

Love the mini S&S towers, best airtime IMO.

The airtime on SDC's shot tower was a little disappointing in my opinion. Watching the ride, it looks like you would be getting intense ejector airtime as the top, but the most I got was some decent floater. I'm not complaining, it's still a great ride. But I feel Detonator at WOF provides much better airtime.

Now, don't get me wrong. SDC's tower still blows the giant shot towers at Cedar Point, Valleyfair, and Knott's Berry Farm out of the water. I've ridden Observation Towers with better airtime than those overpriced Frog Hoppers.

Here's the update from the weekend.

You can see what looks like two entrance doors forming. They've been framing so fast and they're already working on the roof over the que area on the TNT side.

Most of the footers look to be completed at this point, but there's a ton of huge concrete block footers still being constructed down in the gully. Lots and lots of footers close together. This thing will be tightly wound through itself. Some of the footers are almost touching Thunderation.

20170408_121931.thumb.jpg.cda46cd2c4befb21fa0230f12b1128b7.jpg

20170408_121947.thumb.jpg.cc4e1b0fe2cda1f398836ea3c4e4e661.jpg

20170408_122025.thumb.jpg.c9c3103bcdb13b4f468c0eb875b9e60c.jpg

20170408_161829.thumb.jpg.7b8c42d432e5004c19e969748f9bf8fe.jpg

20170408_163133.thumb.jpg.6aa3f2b64f4ccf73e8c04d1bbb82f6d6.jpg

20170408_173054.thumb.jpg.b71383a8fa84040b9abd0ff3a774fcdf.jpg

20170408_173127.thumb.jpg.e566850d4177197d8ba606ee896e2dc1.jpg

20170408_173251.thumb.jpg.845782fddfb76a3eeaff20f2ff884e29.jpg

20170408_174038.thumb.jpg.f95b2022b9e55ca55860a7836f1646f9.jpg

20170408_174044.thumb.jpg.df04b21179ef452dcbada2c6f35efb33.jpg

20170408_181007.thumb.jpg.96e38faaf9b4c15986acc79de4c0bf7e.jpg

20170409_111925.thumb.jpg.1fc528d931e1872dfbbcaad7c84d1fcf.jpg

20170409_164002.thumb.jpg.dba7efc404186b8d4963ef5365e112c9.jpg

Here's the update from the weekend.

You can see what looks like two entrance doors forming. They've been framing so fast and they're already working on the roof over the que area on the TNT side.

Most of the footers look to be completed at this point, but there's a ton of huge concrete block footers still being constructed down in the gully. Lots and lots of footers close together. This thing will be tightly wound through itself. Some of the footers are almost touching Thunderation.

Awesome update. Especially the second-to-last photo...WOW!

I'm getting more excited about this thing by the day. The size of the building alone is jaw-dropping.

This thing is growing more peculiar by the day...

Agreed, that station is just plain massive! I can't imagine what kind of coaster would require a 6 story station, maybe the coaster will travel through the station at one point? Or maybe there's a pre-show or multi-level interactive queue?

This thing is growing more peculiar by the day...

Agreed, that station is just plain massive! I can't imagine what kind of coaster would require a 6 story station, maybe the coaster will travel through the station at one point? Or maybe there's a pre-show or multi-level interactive queue?

Merlin's Beard! Please have 1 or the other! I need some kind of inside info or story before getting on. Maybe even watch a screen in a separate room while on the ride.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

The station reminds me a lot of Lightning Rod's station. maybe the stations will look similar and have a similar theme?

I'm not sure we'd see a 1950's gas station / mechanic shop theme here at SDC Though, I'm sure the theme will be something unique!

The size of this project is very peculiar. It does seem like it will be a large, but compact-ish coaster. Would it be wrong of me to say this could possibly be an American Taron?

I'm not sure how accurate this is but while watching videos on youtube, I came across this one and supposedly this is what the new ride is. Just thought I'd share:

I don't believe so. They have a HUGE station building that's taking shape. If it were this model, I'm not sure I would see a station needing to be so big. Also, the footers look to be a little more spaced out. But I could be wrong...

I'm not sure how accurate this is but while watching videos on youtube, I came across this one and supposedly this is what the new ride is. Just thought I'd share:

I can not at all see that actually being what SDC is building. Given how MASSIVE the construction site is, and how spread out everything is, it doesn't seem like this coaster would even fit the footprint of what they are building. Not to mention this is the largest thing SDC has ever done. . . and that concept doesn't seem to fit that bill.

No not in the slightest. Thats a Red Herring if I ever saw one as it will not be that layout. I'm no insider but if its a Mack like its probably gonna be, (I still want to see the park get another B&M lol) I am thinking it has to be more of the likes of Helix with the footer layout, the size of that station, and the likely first drop right out of it. BUT it might come with optional spinning seats like what the video shows.