TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

The theme isn't Rome per se. It's a hick trying to get rich quick by selling trips to ancient Rome. Snake oil salesmen were everywhere at that time, and people were willing to buy it because science was accelerating at a rate faster than people could understand. It was a time when seemingly anything was possible.

This is an interesting and unusual plot idea, and I'm intrigued to find out what they do with it. I expect it will be of the same high quality as the rest of their rides.

^LOL, read the concept closely. It's not literally themed to Rome... The idea is that riders get duped by a conman into riding a fake time machine. It's supposed to be whimsical. It would still be set in the 1880's, in the same way that Wildfire is supposed to be a whimsical creation of a supposed Dr. Horatio Harris.

Your reaction though is what I suspect most people would have. Hence why I think they'll go with the mining theme as usual.

Edit: ah, ytterbiumanalyst beat me to it

Edit: ah, ytterbiumanalyst beat me to it

Slow day at work.

But you bring up a good point, that a patent doesn't necessarily end up being the final name of the ride. We were talking about Shot Rod this time last year. With about 14 months to go until this opens, there's plenty of time for theming changes. Likely only the ride itself is set in stone (since that involved expensive terraforming).

I'm interested to see what type of layout Mack will provide for an "Extreme Spinning Coaster". If it features inversions, a launch, and/or steep drops, it's sure to be pretty neat. I'd like an inventive terrain-based layout with elements like Lost Gravity mixed with Manta - That would surely get me back out to SDC in 2018!

I, like others, hope that they keep the spinning mild during an extreme layout.

I've seen many people post "I hope the spinning's not too extreme" over the last few pages so correct me if I'm wrong, but most spinning coasters are freely spinning and how much spinning to be had is based on rider size/placement and chance. There are always tricks to the spinning (just don't ask me what they are). But either way, SDC and Mack will create one amazing coaster.

It probably won't reach 88mph.

Seriously? You think?

It's a Back to the Future joke, PhantomPoster... Lighten up

I've seen many people post "I hope the spinning's not too extreme" over the last few pages so correct me if I'm wrong, but most spinning coasters are freely spinning and how much spinning to be had is based on rider size/placement and chance. There are always tricks to the spinning (just don't ask me what they are). But either way, SDC and Mack will create one amazing coaster.

I think most of us are referring to something like Cobras Curse. Where it doesn't free spend the majority of the ride, and where it does its mild spinning. There are ways the designer can design the coasters in a way to keep the free spinning to a minimum.

I think most of us are referring to something like Cobras Curse. Where it doesn't free spend the majority of the ride, and where it does its mild spinning. There are ways the designer can design the coasters in a way to keep the free spinning to a minimum.

Well if you go off the spinning seat they added to Bluefire for testing, it was a free spin and would spin crazy at times and barely spin at others going through the course. I imagine the spinning with coincide with the storytelling of the ride especially if they are doing mega thematic elements along the course like the concept art depicts.

Well if you go off the spinning seat they added to Bluefire for testing, it was a free spin and would spin crazy at times and barely spin at others going through the course. I imagine the spinning with coincide with the storytelling of the ride especially if they are doing mega thematic elements along the course like the concept art depicts.

So you are saying it will be free spinning, because the spinning will be controlled!

I'm really interested how they will pull of the theming of this ride. I like the warehouse of time travel machinery and stuff, but what I don't like is the roman theming idea. I know it ties into the story, but I'd rather have high quality theming over a funny story. But who knows if that's exactly how they are gonna do it. Hope I made sense with that...

So you are saying it will be free spinning, because the spinning will be controlled!

Controlled as in the amount of friction applied to allow more or less spinning. Can't believe you were unable to figure that out yourself.

PhantomPoster be like...

39770414.jpg

Oh damn, and I would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you meddling kids.

. . . Can't believe you were unable to figure that out yourself. . .

God. You are always such an ass. . . No one liked you as PhantomPoster, and no one likes you now. Maybe you should move on to a forum where people don't care if you are an ass. . .

Anyway, back to the new coaster discussion for those of us who actually enjoy talking about SDC, and are not worried about the current "backstage, word on the street..."

Concept 1:

1_1461.jpg

Concept 2:

2_1353.jpg

Concept 3:

3_1335.jpg

I'm still hoping they surprise us with concept 2!!

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

God. You are always such an A$$. And just in case you have forgotten. . . No one liked you as PhantomPoster, and no one likes you now. Maybe you should move on to a forum where people don't care if you are an A$$.

Anyway, back to the new coaster discussion for those of us who actually enjoy talking about SDC, and are not worried about the current "backstage, word on the street...

You operate under the allusion that I care if you like me or not. I don't know you, don't care to know you, and you not liking me doesn't effect me one iota.

Also we WERE discussing SDC and then for some reason it became a big deal about who I may or may not be - as if for some reason that was a huge deal and needed to be discussed in length.

As far as the "current 'backstage, word on the street'" - you DO realize that is what this entire site is right? Anything that has not been specifically confirmed by the park in a press release has to come from somewhere and most of the time it is from people who either (1) work at the park that have seen or heard something OR (2) a member of the general public who has seen or heard something. Stop being so holier than thou with your stupid witch hunt or whatever the heck you think you're doing. Build a fucking bridge and get over it and get back to discussing this ride or the park or whatever is actually on topic.

/rant

Now if you give a damn about discussing this ride - the station has gone vertical and is now visible from outside the park. Most of the footers are now in place for the ride. Some supports and what I am guessing are parts for the station have arrived backstage. There is currently no track on site or at least none that is currently visible.