TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

I agree. It completely took me by surprise. It's funny how I have only ridden it four or five times during my only visit to SDC, but it's one of the first coasters that comes to mind when day dreaming about my preferred coasters. Likewise, I've ridden Goliath at SFGam, and it was not nearly as memorable.

FYI, I'm told a large wall has been erected . . .

Not going to lie, after the last page of Trump, and religious talk, I was really worried about where this "large wall" post was going!!!

Sad to hear that getting pictures of the construction is going to be more challenging, but it just makes the project that much more exciting because we don't know what's going on!!

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Not going to lie, after the last page of Trump, and religious talk, I was really worried about where this "large wall" post was going!!!

Yeah, it totally pulled me in, too. I was relieved when I got to the end of the post.

It was too hard to do it from my tablet last night, but here's some updated photos from Fri/Sat. Sorry about the quality.

20161203_114017.thumb.jpg.2479dce8c3078feece3ca3df3fa7d2a0.jpg

The new wall

20161203_114041.thumb.jpg.e1ef7e5a90260d6d19b7f3717d711270.jpg

I'm thinking this path will be the new entrance? Unless they rebuild the little dining/skillet area somehow.

20161203_114243.thumb.jpg.d323a67de2e427b16d2de13f86093520.jpg

20161203_114256.thumb.jpg.73ff6829e5ebce0c63dadf4e81902b8a.jpg

Those are the new bathrooms for the ampitheatre. The road going into SDC is so exposed now.

20161203_120542.thumb.jpg.d3d80c97d0ff7a473fb5fb6e21e79526.jpg

20161203_120624.thumb.jpg.bea53f9a9ca17763df4870b4519950dc.jpg

20161203_141135.thumb.jpg.920cdb3d7e29bd33eda64361aae0c26f.jpg

20161203_141145.thumb.jpg.79367f250aa152f36f4f3ccaed93f015.jpg

20161203_201051.thumb.jpg.d2c2c0f640907ac269cf593a4b2ca91e.jpg

Cold temps + wet drizzly weather = we basically had the park to ourselves. At least what was still open.

It's so barren with all those trees gone. I didn't realize just how large of a site this coaster is going to take up.

Personally I hope they replant trees to fill it in, and not leave it empty like Wildfire...

(This is just a minor personal annoyance) I know it's going to be an amazing addition either way.

It's so barren with all those trees gone. I didn't realize just how large of a site this coaster is going to take up.

Personally I hope they replant trees to fill it in, and not leave it empty like Wildfire...

(This is just a minor personal annoyance) I know it's going to be an amazing addition either way.

I'm with you. That's my biggest complaint about wildfire. Other than the inside of the station and gift shop, it's very bare theming, or vegetation wise. Hopefully, with the new attraction, they will fill up those spots with either trees or theming.

I have been to a few Midwest parks, during early fall openings.

But by then, all the leaves have fallen, or most of them, and I really

wonder that maybe I should change my seasonal visits? To early spring?

I really wish they would have went with a different location in the park. I don't like how exposed Thunderation is now, and the road. It takes away from the seclusion. But oh well. It will be an awesome and welcomed addition none the less (as long as its not a spinner )

Possibly stalkerish question but is not meant that way: Does anyone know the name of a Thunderation ride op: the older gentleman with the white mustache & goatee? Occasionally dances on the ride platform? I ask because my 9 year old daughter is a fan of his, especially when he's on ride announcement, nobody else pronounces Thunderation the way he does, and she wanted to send him a Christmas card. I suppose I could ask the park but again it feels like it might be a little weird of a question.

I think I may know who you are talking about. My friend, Lair Parent. I never saw him dancing before. He is a skinny, old man with a white mustache and beard. He does say Thuunnnnnderationnnnn in the coolest way I have heard. I always say hi each time I go. He is usually found sitting in the box.

Possibly stalkerish question but is not meant that way: Does anyone know the name of a Thunderation ride op: the older gentleman with the white mustache & goatee? Occasionally dances on the ride platform? I ask because my 9 year old daughter is a fan of his, especially when he's on ride announcement, nobody else pronounces Thunderation the way he does, and she wanted to send him a Christmas card. I suppose I could ask the park but again it feels like it might be a little weird of a question.

I think I may know who you are talking about. My friend, Lair Parent. I never saw him dancing before. He is a skinny, old man with a white mustache and beard. He does say Thuunnnnnderationnnnn in the coolest way I have heard. I always say hi each time I go. He is usually found sitting in the box.

Yes, I think that's the person. He wasn't at Thunderation yesterday. I had wanted to get a short video of him saying that. It's really special.

Thank you so much! My daughter already has a card made up, it should get there before they close up for the season. Greatly appreciated and she'll be ecstatic.

Well, the park is claiming to open at 1pm today, with turnstiles, and shopping opening an hour before the park. Even though it's 5 degrees outside, we are going to swing by the park to finish up some Christmas shopping before we head out of town! Depending on conditions I might try to get some photos for one last TR this season.