TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Of those three concepts, I am in with the majority here, who feel that #2 is the best option! It does appear a spinning coaster like Cobra's Curse is indeed the next coaster for SDC, Not exactly as exciting (to me) as a B&M Wingrider like was initially rumored, but still likely to be a fun coaster, and more apropos for SDC, honestly.

Of those three concepts, I am in with the majority here, who feel that #2 is the best option! It does appear a spinning coaster like Cobra's Curse is indeed the next coaster for SDC, Not exactly as exciting (to me) as a B&M Wingrider like was initially rumored, but still likely to be a fun coaster, and more apropos for SDC, honestly.

How about a Blue Fire like launch coaster with the spinning cars they tested?

I find it interesting how each photo on the concepts says plunge by the drop. Plunge isn't the word I would use to describe the drop. Could this be a hint to something potentially, other an that the coaster will have drops? The drop and word plunge are the only things that I can find that are consistent between the three concept images.

Oh and for what its worth here is the general idea of how much land has currently been cleared. (marked in red)

The isolated area is where the hillside was slightly dug out next to ThuNderaTion for the construction trailer.

Got a few photos from the last couple of days. Not good photos, but photos nonetheless. I need to get a new camera someday. I think everything's pretty much already been covered, but to recap: lots of clearing behind Echo Hollow, new bathrooms being put in on the East side of EH, and the markings are still there.

Also, I checked out the new mountain coaster and it's a lot of fun. I thought it was pretty pricey at ~$16 for the first ride and ~$10 for each ride after, but then I found out how expensive most of the zipline places are. Some of them cost more than a SDC season pass for a few hours to do a handful of ziplines.

20160809_111744.thumb.jpg.fb074cc57fb112524c6fe1ec7df867e6.jpg

20160809_111808.thumb.jpg.2468381cfd46bbf614c36a2fcd1239c3.jpg

20160809_112205.thumb.jpg.9b99c7b16e928b8d7e9c6d197538ade4.jpg

20160809_112347.thumb.jpg.28f2001b1d7adc9c992d679ba6f18ffa.jpg

20160809_173023.thumb.jpg.09d554398d864257876af5dee760607d.jpg

20160809_173109.thumb.jpg.2a0ece40a3c6b7f5e0eafaa7d2359eed.jpg

20160809_173339.thumb.jpg.337eddaf7d49b0c38e5d3b0bac730d8e.jpg

20160809_173410.thumb.jpg.9cb7f6006b884efc48143f3aac05a9c0.jpg

Oh and for what its worth here is the general idea of how much land has currently been cleared. (marked in red)

The isolated area is where the hillside was slightly dug out next to ThuNderaTion for the construction trailer.

I was told by a park employee this past spring that the back area with Lady Bugs, Happy Frogs, and Wings of Wonder were going to be removed for the new ride. It coincides with your photo.

I find it interesting how each photo on the concepts says plunge by the drop. Plunge isn't the word I would use to describe the drop. Could this be a hint to something potentially, other an that the coaster will have drops? The drop and word plunge are the only things that I can find that are consistent between the three concept images.

Are you saying you think this will be a "plunge" as in maybe going into a pool of water or the drop will be covered like Buss Saw Falls?

Are you saying you think this will be a "plunge" as in maybe going into a pool of water or the drop will be covered like Buss Saw Falls?

Plunge as in a drop. There may be thematic elements at the top of the drop. No there will not be water

Plunge as in a drop. There may be thematic elements at the top of the drop. No there will not be water

Yeah... Not sure where the correlation between "plunge" and "water" came from...

Yeah... Not sure where the correlation between "plunge" and "water" came from...

Perilous Plunge, American Plunge, Pilgrims Plunge, Pineapple Plunge, Hydro Plunge, Dolphin Plunge, Pirates Plunge, Tropical Plunge, Big Bear Plunge, Epic Plunge, Breakers Plunge, Caribbean Plunge, The Plunge, Sun Plunge, Hurricane Plunge. . . (All involving water)

Yeah, you're right. I don't see where the correlation between "plunge" and "water" came from...