TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Thanks everyone for your replies. Phantom Poster reminded me of another question. Where are the best locations for lunch? Thanks again!

Well prefer to get skillet food down by the lumberjack camp, then take it over by the waterfall and sit there to eat. Skillet food is amazing. A must get before you leave!!

Thanks everyone for your replies. Phantom Poster reminded me of another question. Where are the best locations for lunch? Thanks again!

I'll be honest, no matter where you eat you will get great food.

There are two food court areas. One is near the entrance to WildFire across from the Saloon. They have everything from skillets to burgers and the usual theme park food. There is also a fried bread stand in the area that has sandwiches.

The other food court is near ThuNderaTion and it has skillets and other normal theme park food.

If you like BBQ - the RibHouse near Lost River is pretty good.

If you like Italian and Sea Food, then Sweet Mary's Springhouse near the Grist Mill

If you want Pizza - Crossroads near River Blast

Honestly I just recommend grazing all day and getting "snacks/mini-meals" so you can sample more stuff.

I don't know if anyone has recommended it yet, but we usually go to the Bakery which is right inside the park and buy (reserve) cinnamon rolls to take home later. These things are as big a dinner plate.

And it goes without saying, try the cinnamon bread from Sullivan's Grist Mill which is down the hill from the Ice Cream Parlor on the square.

Do anyone see this video posted to social media by SDC?

I find it interesting that they only show the trees past WF at the end of the video? Could this be resort or moving of White Water like has been speculated before? They wouldn't be posting videos in early July 2016 for a coaster opening in March of 2018 would they? That would have to be a very vague video and they say it's going to be BIG.

Weird video, but the spinning ball could be a clue.

(God, I hate myself for looking into that.)

Nooooooooo....... Maybe we were all wrong and they actually still are getting a B&M in 2017 (one can wish)

Or this is for something small like summer fireworks.

EDIT: yeah, watching the video again really makes it looks like this is just a one day fireworks display that you can watch online.

Nooooooooo....... Maybe we were all wrong and they actually still are getting a B&M in 2017 (one can wish)

THAT would be a miracle I would rejoice over, and I am not religious. lol

I'm kinda shocked you guys didn't see this coming, but I guess the new ride blinders are on and anything they do or say MUST be about a new ride?

There's no reason to be rude. While many of us had guessed it had to do with some sort of trick shot and the upcoming sweepstakes - you have to admit the videos provided a lot of hype for really nothing much.

^Wasn't being rude, just calling it like I see it.

I'm not seeing where people were suggesting here that it was a trick shot. I see posted:

1. Moving White Water

2. New B&M

3. Summer Fireworks

4. Spinning Ball as a Clue (suggesting it was for a new attraction of some sort)

The original teaser video has 151 views as of now on the SDC youtube channel and very little interaction on their Facebook page, so I wouldn't say it created much hype on social channels anyway.

^Wasn't being rude, just calling it like I see it.

I'm not seeing where people were suggesting here that it was a trick shot. I see posted:

1. Moving White Water

2. New B&M

3. Summer Fireworks

4. Spinning Ball as a Clue (suggesting it was for a new attraction of some sort)

The original teaser video has 151 views as of now on the SDC youtube channel and very little interaction on their Facebook page, so I wouldn't say it created much hype on social channels anyway.

I was the one who suggested most of those things, which were almost all meant to be taken as a jokes that I would actually love to see happen (except for summer fireworks, I really don't care about those). And I still think the spinning of the basketball in EVERY picture/video they posted is a clue pointing towards the rumored spinning coaster for 2018. It's not to early for them to start teasing for that considering how huge it supposedly is going to be.

However, if you were to check the 2018 project discussion thread on SDCFans, you would've seen speculation that it had to do with trick shots.

Anyway, I wonder how many tries it took?

...And I still think the spinning of the basketball in EVERY picture/video they posted is a clue pointing towards the rumored spinning coaster for 2018...

Or, maybe the spinning basketball that was in every picture/video is there because.... well you know, that's kind of what the Harlem Globetrotters do!! I think you're looking way to far into this. Just because there's a spinning basketball doesn't instantly mean the park is getting a new MACK spinning coaster.

Yeah, Herschend has just been pushing the Harlem Globetrotters as a brand recently. Anyone reading further into that is setting themselves up for disappointment, in my opinion. That video was just doing one trick shot in each of Herschend's major Branson attractions (Silver Dollar City, White Water, Branson Belle showboat). I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a "sequel" where they do one at Dollywood, Splash Country and the DreamMore resort.

EDIT: "Star-Spangled Summer" advertisement on Silver Dollar City's website.

1648033957_ScreenShot2016-07-05at7_06_55AM.thumb.png.6fac0fbc8a5e41bd4c112b6d1268453a.png

I was there the first day of SSS, and it was pretty awesome. Surprisingly it wasn't busy at all despite being a Saturday, so I bet it was the Globetrotters show that drew all the crowds away from everything else. Man, I already want to go back lol

...And I still think the spinning of the basketball in EVERY picture/video they posted is a clue pointing towards the rumored spinning coaster for 2018...

Or, maybe the spinning basketball that was in every picture/video is there because.... well you know, that's kind of what the Harlem Globetrotters do!! I think you're looking way to far into this. Just because there's a spinning basketball doesn't instantly mean the park is getting a new MACK spinning coaster.

I said nothing about Mack.

Yeah, Herschend has just been pushing the Harlem Globetrotters as a brand recently. Anyone reading further into that is setting themselves up for disappointment, in my opinion.

I don't even want a spinning coaster, so I wouldn't be disappointed if my speculation is wrong, which it probably is.

Edited by MidwestThemeParks

There actually are some good reasons to speculate a spinning coaster, and it would fill a nice hole between Fire in the Hole and Thunderation, as well as provide an experience that's different from any other ride they currently offer. It's just that this video is not related to that decision in any way at all.

Was catching up on this thread and was reminded of something when the food discussion was going on.

If you get the chance, the Red Velvet Fried Oreo's are MANNA FROM HEAVEN. Seriously - my mouth went into shock from the sheer joy of them and I'm pretty sure I had multiple foodgasms.