TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

^^The Cinnamon Bread is really almost a religious experience and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Especially if it is still warm - that is a foodgasm waiting for you right there.

I have not ever had a Skillet meal that I did not like. You can smell those from quite a ways away, but I seem to remember one having pulled pork, potatoes, onions, etc that was amazing.

Try the red velvet fried Oreos.

I....was....in.....ecstasy!!

I'm usually not a "foodie" when it comes to Theme Parks (other times I am,) but SDC has some amazing choices.

was looking for those skillets at Dollywood in May but had no luck

You must have been too focused on the coasters...or finding the bread. In either case, there is one that would almost slap you if it could by Thunderation and has the awesome Family Feud with chicken and fried okra, and over on the opposite side of the park path coming down from the flume that dumps out down the hill.

You must have been too focused on the coasters...or finding the bread. In either case, there is one that would almost slap you if it could by Thunderation and has the awesome Family Feud with chicken and fried okra, and over on the opposite side of the park path coming down from the flume that dumps out down the hill.

You are correct, I was focused on the coasters! Can't believe I missed it. Guess I wasn't looking hard enough. At SDC, I can smell the stuff a mile away, no such luck at DW.

He said at Dollywood, not SDC

One of the best parts (IMO) of going to Silver Dollar City is that your nose is constantly bombarded with fantastic smelling food. You'll know when they fire up the skillets by Thunderation- I don't know if it's location or potency, but those skillets can be smelled throughout the park, no joke.

One of the best parts (IMO) of going to Silver Dollar City is that your nose is constantly bombarded with fantastic smelling food. You'll know when they fire up the skillets by Thunderation- I don't know if it's location or potency, but those skillets can be smelled throughout the park, no joke.

Probably because they're literally everywhere in the park?

-Near TNT entrance

-Near Lost River entrance

-Near Rinbhousr

-Near Wildfire entrance

Probably because they're literally everywhere in the park?

-Near TNT entrance

-Near Lost River entrance

-Near Rinbhousr

-Near Wildfire entrance

Nah, I meant the one by Thunderation specifically

You are correct, I was focused on the coasters! Can't believe I missed it. Guess I wasn't looking hard enough. At SDC, I can smell the stuff a mile away, no such luck at DW.

My bad, I was mostly asleep and drunk when I posted and skipped right over the part about looking for them at DW vs. SDC.

Where is the news of a coaster coming at all, let alone getting pushed back?

A man asks a question. The man must not be keeping up with the project.

There is a lot of land clearing, markers, and a huge project trailer on site.

Other than that, nothing "legally" obtained to prove that a coaster is coming.

But should a Mack coaster come, it won't be until 2018.

I've been keeping up, but when someone tells me that the ghost coaster is being pushed back...it made me think something official was out there.

As of now - announcement coming in August. Don't have the exact date yet.

I'd expect something vague though going off past experience with SDC

I was told that these rides will be closed and removed for the new ride coming in 2018.

So now it's suppose to be 2018??

I've determined that no one actually knows anything about what, or when "it's" being built at SDC. And those who do know, haven't/can't say anything because of the amazing "confidentiality" paperwork they had to sign.

For now it's all just rumors. Personally. I like the 5,00ft tall 1,500 mph, 120 inversion Intamin, and B&M aqua Trax." However, the new "Mack Spinner" coaster is a great rumor too.

Whatever this ends up being, I can't wait to see what it is, and how amazing SDC themes it!

I was told that these rides will be closed and removed for the new ride coming in 2018.

I've determined that no one actually knows anything about what, or when "it's" being built at SDC. And those who do know, haven't/can't say anything because of the amazing "confidentiality" paperwork they had to sign.

For now it's all just rumors. Personally. I like the 5,00ft tall 1,500 mph, 120 inversion Intamin, and B&M aqua Trax." However, the new "Mack Spinner" coaster is a great rumor too.

Whatever this ends up being, I can't wait to see what it is, and how amazing SDC themes it!

Yes 2018. The park is really hoping to be chosen to be the host park for CoasterCon in 2018. I was here on Friday during the ACE event. The management told us we should plan to come back in 2018 because "something big is coming."

The area behind those kiddie rides is having work done, and it goes straight down hill. A perfect area to put a first drop. I saw tape and a work truck down the hill from it.

Yes 2018. The park is really hoping to be chosen to be the host park for CoasterCon in 2018. I was here on Friday during the ACE event. The management told us we should plan to come back in 2018 because "something big is coming."

The area behind those kiddie rides is having work done, and it goes straight down hill. A perfect area to put a first drop. I saw tape and a work truck down the hill from it.

Rides are staying put. But you are correct about the year and location

During the tour of the cave today, a little boy asked if there was gold the cave and our tour guide said "There was no natural gold, but rumor has it that settlers stored their gold in the cave. Matter of fact, park management is trying to discover that gold probably in 2018" I think it's strange he would say something like that because the rumors have been saying stuff about a coaster themed around mining could be coming soon. Just pure speculation, but it's very interesting to think about.