TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Does anyone know anything about the Outlaw Run Rendezvous happening on June 18? I'm considering flying in from California, but if anyone can tell me what the event typically entails, and a tentative schedule, that'd be great!

I don't think there's a whole lot of info out on it just yet, but it should come soon. Basically it sounds like they want to have a quick "credit run" ERT session that Friday evening, before everyone heads up to KC for schlitterbahn. Maybe they've added more to it though, since SDC would probably want something a little more substantial than a bunch of enthusiasts barging in at the end of the day for ERT. schlitterbahn is really going above and beyond on saturday though, as they always do, and Coaster Con starts on monday, so it's tough to fit it all in.

even though the line for Outlaw Run is hours long, it's worth the wait

You must be thinking of Goliath.

I have never seen a wait of at least 2 hours, ever. The absolute worst I've ever seen was an hour and a half, and that was Saturday of opening weekend 2013. Almost always it's 15 to 20 minutes, even on Saturdays in the summer.

Keep in mind too, that this is at a park with over 2 million guests per year and on a ride that has the same seatbelt/lap bar combination as Goliath at SFGAm. The difference is that SDC staffs a ton of people to check those restraints. I've seen them use 3 per side on busy days, plus one person at the controls, and one at the Trailblazer entrance. You do that, you don't stack trains, even on a minute and a half ride cycle.

^Yeah I definitely noticed that. Chuckled to myself when I thought about how long it take SFGAm to get a train out, but they also had a pretty horrible station config with the tiny old Iron Wolf exit also serving as a wheelchair entrance, it's definitely a bit of a mess.

I have never seen a wait of at least 2 hours, ever. The absolute worst I've ever seen was an hour and a half, and that was Saturday of opening weekend 2013. Almost always it's 15 to 20 minutes, even on Saturdays in the summer.

I've been to the park several times when we ended up waiting 2-1/2 to 3 hours for Outlaw Run.

I've been to the park several times when we ended up waiting 2-1/2 to 3 hours for Outlaw Run.

Why? I've been to the park countless times on busy days and if you go there in the morning or near closing the line is non existent

Why? I've been to the park countless times on busy days and if you go there in the morning or near closing the line is non existent

Why?? Because each time we were with people who had never been to the park and wanted to ride Outlaw Run even though the line was longer than we had ever seen it. It also didn't help that each time we hAve had a wait over an hour it was because Outlaw Run broke down multiple times while we were waiting.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the same advertising company that does Six Flags promo videos put this one together, same music, similar storyline, etc. Still a great video that shows everything coming to Branson this year and into the future.

Here is all the blah blah blah, but lets be honest, the video is cooler.

Fritz’s Adventure

Fritz's Adventure is a dynamic family attraction that brings the excitement and challenges of outdoor adventure into a multi-dimensional indoor environment. Experience three stories and 80,000 square feet where you can experience elements of the world around you that, anywhere else, would be prohibited or discouraged. All ages are encouraged to explore the family adventure together.

Iconic Chicago Ferris Wheel Moves to Branson

The iconic Navy Pier Ferris wheel is making its new home in Branson in 2016. The Track Family Fun Parks will add a new, yet familiar, attraction to Branson’s Highway 76 in 2016—the iconic, 15-story-high Ferris wheel which stood on Chicago's Navy Pier for the past two decades.

Grab your crew, your family or your sweetheart, hop in and take the slow ride up and around, surrounded by thousands of lights. This wheel stands a majestic 15 stories tall so it gives you the perfect opportunity to get some beautiful panoramas of the Ozarks landscape. Of course, while you're there, you can't forget to take a selfie in front of the dazzling structure.

Photo Credit: Navy Pier, Inc. Chicago

Dogwood Canyon Nature Park

Dogwood Canyon Nature Park, an advocate for education, preservation, and conservation, opens a working gristmill, general store and restaurant with a patio and waterfall view. An education center features classrooms with a connected treehouse opening this summer.

IMAX Reveals New Cinematic Experience

March 2016 is an exciting month for Branson's IMAX Entertainment Complex. Branson IMAX has unveiled plans for a $1.7million renovation and a new cinematic experience, IMAX® with Laser - IMAX’s next-generation digital laser projection system. Sunday, January 17th marked the end of an era, the end of IMAX 15/70 film projection at Branson’s IMAX Entertainment Complex, but is also ushering in the most cutting-edge technology available to moviegoers

today. The new system also includes IMAX’s next-generation, 12 channel sound technology that delivers even greater

power and precision for the ultimate audio immersion. IMAX with Laser delivers audiences unprecedented levels

of brightness, contrast, color and sound. To top it off: new seating. General admission seating will be upgraded to new high back rockers and recliners, and the newly installed VIP seating section consists of oversized, zero gravity electric recliners, the premiere recliner with ergonomic luxury and comfort. Don't forget to visit Branson's IMAX next time you're in town.

The Escape Branson

The Escape Branson® is a new, simple, and fun live escape game designed for small groups of 2-6 people. You have 60 minutes to climb a mountain of puzzles and mysteries inside a room. The goal is simple yet challenging: get out in time! Or else ... you could be trapped. During this engaging and challenging game team members truly live and breathe in unison for an hour.

Mountain Adventure Resort

Mountain Adventure Resort is building a new adventure park that will feature rides brand new to the Ozarks. It will be located along Highway 165 in what used to be known as “Butcher Hollow.” The project embraces the extreme topography with a 400-foot elevation change, a zip coaster, zip lines and a ropes course along with a thing called a mountain coaster. A zip coaster is very similar to a zip line except it’s not a straight line, but more of a circuitous route that can take curves. Scheduled to open summer 2016.

Bigfoot on the Strip

Bigfoot on the Strip is the second $10M attraction to be added to Branson's Entertainment Disctrict in 2016. This exciting new project has two rides designed for thrill-seekers, the faint-at-heart and and food truck lovers. 1. On the first ride, adrenaline junkies will be able pulled up 200ft. in the air by a lap belt, then dropped in a free fall toward the ground (braking is done through gravity-based magnets, rather than cable attachments). 2. The second thrill ride is called the Saddle Swing, where one or two riders will be propelled into the sky, tossed end over end, back to the ground. 3. The third ride at Bigfoot on the Strip is much more relaxing. Enjoy a leisurely ride to the top of Bigfoot on the Strip, rotating slowly, offering riders a 360 degree, panoramic view of the surrounding Ozark hills. Don't forget your camera. 4. The Food Truck Court is a section of this attraction that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Can't miss all these tasty on-the-go options at Bigfoot on the Strip!

Spirit of 76

Spirit of 76 is Branson’s dream of a bigger, brighter, more amazing Branson experience than ever before with spacious walkways, landscaping, park benches, interesting landmarks, and amazing spaces for visitors to explore and enjoy. Over the next eight years, Branson plans to invest more than $75 million and transform five miles of Hwy. 76 into a more vibrant, dynamic, fun, attractive and interactive entertainment corridor certain to delight and amaze the next generation of Branson visitors.

Harlem Globetrotters

Harlem Globetrotters celebrate their 90th birthday during the family-focused festival, Star-Spangled Summer at Silver Dollar City. Presenting the Globetrotter Experience show, with highlights from the one-of-a-kind touring show, featuring their trademark basketball wizardry, athleticism and humor. The festival also presents The Magic of Peter Gossamer, champion cloggers, cartoon characters and the park’s 40-plus rides and family-fun attractions.

Fireman's Landing

Fireman’s Landing at Silver Dollar City is centered around the headquarters of “Fire Station #3,” and includes Fire Spotter; Fire Wagon Frenzy; FireFall; Roundabout; Up The Ladder and Fireman’s Flyers. Your family will enjoy Firehouse Splash Yard; Firefighter’s Fire Drill; Firefighter’s Fire Escape and Firefighter’s Junior Fire Escape.

- See more at: http://www.explorebranson.com/blog/new-attractions-2016?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=whatsnewvideo#sthash.dFDs0Pfi.dpuf

^ Thanks for posting that! It's hard to believe that all these things are happening right now, but this is definitely a big year! Fritz's Adventure looks to be a lot of fun, has that City Museum kind of vibe. Definitely on the list for this summer.

Quite honestly, though, what has me most excited is the 76 reconstruction. The biggest thing stopping me from spending more time in Branson is how terrible 76 is. I avoid it if at all possible. Making that road driveable will greatly influence how much time and money I spend in Branson.

This is the infosite for the project: http://bransonspiritof76.com/

And the detailed plan in pdf form: http://issuu.com/bnim/docs/branson_final_140731_print_reduced/1?e=1526089/9703672

I've also been hyped about 76 and the rest of the projects, but I'm also a bit pessimistic about how much it will actually transform Branson. The walkways will help, and the visual improvements are great, but what it's really supposed to impart is a change in the way people visit Branson. In other words, they're hoping people will park and walk more so urban design can be promoted instead of each little thing having it's own giant parking lot cutting it off from everything else. Still a lot of resistance to that from the older crowd, which is what keeps Branson floating. What will really improve things is when they start attracting higher tier attractions that embrace the strip instead of the random little piecemeal things that are being thrown together now.

Really need some updates from the new Ferris wheel and Intamin tower going in on the strip. I'll be there in about a month, but hopefully one of you guys is going to be there sooner?

Bigfoot on the Strip

Bigfoot on the Strip is the second $10M attraction to be added to Branson's Entertainment Disctrict in 2016. This exciting new project has two rides designed for thrill-seekers, the faint-at-heart and and food truck lovers. 1. On the first ride, adrenaline junkies will be able pulled up 200ft. in the air by a lap belt, then dropped in a free fall toward the ground (braking is done through gravity-based magnets, rather than cable attachments). 2. The second thrill ride is called the Saddle Swing, where one or two riders will be propelled into the sky, tossed end over end, back to the ground. 3. The third ride at Bigfoot on the Strip is much more relaxing. Enjoy a leisurely ride to the top of Bigfoot on the Strip, rotating slowly, offering riders a 360 degree, panoramic view of the surrounding Ozark hills. Don't forget your camera. 4. The Food Truck Court is a section of this attraction that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Can't miss all these tasty on-the-go options at Bigfoot on the Strip!

This is probably what I am most excited for this year in Branson.

"Bigfoot" looks to be a fun addition to the strip, and I know we will be sure to visit it a few times this year!

Bigfoot on the Strip

This is probably what I am most excited for this year in Branson.

"Bigfoot" looks to be a fun addition to the strip, and I know we will be sure to visit it a few times this year!

I'm really looking forward to that and the alpine coaster coming. Has construction started on either?

We had some bored and restless kids today, so we decided to make a completely unplanned trip to Branson this afternoon. On the way back from SDC, we stopped by Track 4 to check on the Ferris wheel progress. It's looking good so far, seems to be on track for a June opening.

20160430_184429.thumb.jpg.ed605571328e119cf4c1ca11371d43c8.jpg

20160430_184421.thumb.jpg.1ab71d0bb83484cff6acab344fe32515.jpg

I'm kinda stoked about this alpine coaster, never ridden one before. I'm gonna try really hard to not perpetuate the asian female stereotype, but let's keep it real- the chances of me driving full speed into the back of someone are pretty high.

I'm kinda stoked about this alpine coaster, never ridden one before. I'm gonna try really hard to not perpetuate the asian female stereotype, but let's keep it real- the chances of me driving full speed into the back of someone are pretty high.

Thank you for this. I wish more people would embrace their stereotypes. I'm German/Jewish, and I'm always conflicted about wanting to throw myself in an oven. But I've come to terms with it, and I'm OK now.