TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

I do very much love Flooded Mine. I would love to see it closed for a season for an extensive rehab.

If they where smart, they'd do that and some additional work to other vintage theming around the park. It seems the park is more focused on making things more modern. It's going to be a tough transition if this is really the path the park is wanting to take.

Just letting you know, park is pretty crowded. Wildfire line extended up to American Plunge. People where saying it was an hour and a half long. Outlaw Run has a full line.

Wow! I haven't seen the line out to that point in a really long time!

Just letting you know, park is pretty crowded. Wildfire line extended up to American Plunge. People where saying it was an hour and a half long. Outlaw Run has a full line.

Yep. It's been what, a little over 3 months since it was that long.

I noticed some interesting things while visiting the park today. Might not be too interesting for you locals but it was very interesting for me. They moved the stagecoach at Outlaw Run from in front of the line to the section of mulch and dirt between the gift shop and entrance. I don't know why they would do that. It looked a lot better where it was. Besides the green bubbly tank not being filled up in Wildfire's que, a lot of the theming seemed to be fixed and working. Never really got to see much of the office in there before to know if things were working better or not. I know people where kind of worried about Flooded Mine's roof. Well, it looks like they are doing things to make it fit in. They where placing some wooden posts around the utilities on the roof. I don't know if that's all they are doing or not, but I'm hoping they will continue to cover it up. Let me just say this, Outlaw Run seriously feels like 5 mph faster in the rain

Speaking of Outlaw Run, you might not beleive me on this, but the last barrel roll was retracked for some reason. You can tell because the track's very top layer is a lot wider than the rest of the track, the wood looks brand new, and the amount of rust is different. I honestly can't think of a reason why they would do it though.

Yep. It's been what, a little over 3 months since it was that long.

You know... Since the park was last open.

^Outlaw Run's stagecoach is a lot better in the original spot. I agree

Well it had to be moved because something a little more important is going to go there. Just saying.

Oh and whomever said that they'd like an inverted at the park may be getting their wish soon as that's the big rumor going around backstage regarding the 2017 coaster. Over in Grand Expo it sounds like

Well it had to be moved because something a little more important is going to go there. Just saying.

Oh and whomever said that they'd like an inverted at the park may be getting their wish soon as that's the big rumor going around backstage regarding the 2017 coaster. Over in Grand Expo it sounds like

I think an invert would complement the park well. Hoping that is true!

Well, B&M did make that family invert that looked a lot like a Vekoma over in Asia. They have a launch system. So, I'm going with launched family invert.

Well, B&M did make that family invert that looked a lot like a Vekoma over in Asia. They have a launch system. So, I'm going with launched family invert.

Might as well add aquatrax to that

Might as well add aquatrax to that

Why would SDC add ANOTHER launched coaster when they have Powder keg??

Obviously I know that a park can have more than one launched coaster, but given how "small" SDC's coaster lineup is, I really can't see them doing another launched coaster yet. I feel like they need something different than the coasters they already have.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Why would SDC add ANOTHER launched coaster when they Powder keg??

I'm lol-ing at the absence of the word 'have', thereby turning 'Powder Keg' into a verb. "Hang on, I gotta go Powder Keg real quick". Not sure what that would entail, although I imagine taking off running down a hill is probably close.

Why would SDC add ANOTHER launched coaster when they Powder keg??

I'm lol-ing at the absence of the word 'have', thereby turning 'Powder Keg' into a verb. "Hang on, I gotta go Powder Keg real quick". Not sure what that would entail, although I imagine taking off running down a hill is probably close.

If you choose to "Powder Keg", you will melt in contact with water...

All jokes aside, I agree that SDC doesn't need a launched coaster. The one they have is truly outstanding. It's a great ride the whole family could enjoy, excluding toddlers obviously. Same with a family coaster. Since when was Fire in the Hole, Powder Keg, and Thunderation not a family coaster? Now their last coaster was probably the arguably most intimidating coaster they have built in the park. It would be understandable if their next coaster isn't nearly as crazy. I'll be fine with whatever they get, despite what I've said above. The park has one of the most rounded collections of coasters of any park I visit. One thing I could see coming is an Invert like Ozliris except slightly bigger.

^ I honestly see a wing or dive coaster rather than an invert. The major problem with inverts is that you can't see well unless you're on the front row. The flying coaster tried to solve this problem, but with its mechanical and comfort issues, wasn't the answer. The wing coaster is the evolution of the invert, and is generally more family friendly.

For a park that draws so much from the natural beauty of the land, I just don't see the appeal of the invert, where 7/8 of your guests will be staring at metal. Leave those for the parks in an empty field.