TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

^Wait?

You dislike a similar B&M coaster at SDC. So you want them to build a bigger similar coaster as the one you dislike?

Huh?

Maybe I should have worded that differently. I think the park deserves a better B&M as I don't really enjoy Wildfire.

Maybe I should have worded that differently. I think the park deserves a better B&M as I don't really enjoy Wildfire.

Just because I am curious. . . What is it about Wildfire that you don't enjoy?

Wildfire is by far one of the smoothest B&M coasters out there, not to mention the view to the left of the lift hill is amazing. There is a nice mix of inversions, and the first drop provides nice airtime in the back row.

Wildfire is by far one of the smoothest B&M coasters out there, not to mention the view to the left of the lift hill is amazing. There is a nice mix of inversions, and the first drop provides nice airtime in the back row.

Agreed, I think Wkildfire is the best B&M that isn't an inverted/hyper/dive or Krypton Coaster! I like it more than all other floorless and other Sitdowns like Kumba and Hulk.

I will admit, I rode it in almost the worst conditions. Barely cracking 40 degrees all day, couldn't even get it open till the last hour I was there. I rode it pretty much ten minutes after it opened up, so it didn't get much time to warm up. I just found it so bleh... Maybe it was just the condition it was in.

I will admit, I rode it in almost the worst conditions. Barely cracking 40 degrees all day, couldn't even get it open till the last hour I was there. I rode it pretty much ten minutes after it opened up, so it didn't get much time to warm up. I just found it so bleh... Maybe it was just the condition it was in.

I think it was just the circumstances in which you rode the coaster. Try it again on a nice warm summer day late afternoon, and you'll love it!

I don't know if the difference would be quite as exaggerated, but El Toro with an empty train in the cold is above average at best, but at night on a 90 degree day with full trains is OMFG INSANE. Ride it when it's not set up to suck and I'm sure you'll have a different opinion.

Agreed, I think Wkildfire is the best B&M that isn't an inverted/hyper/dive or Krypton Coaster! I like it more than all other floorless and other Sitdowns like Kumba and Hulk.

What's interesting is that WIldfire has the chassis of a floorless coaster but has the floors. If you look at Kumba, you'll notice that the seats are more set into the train whereas Wildfire has a very open setting to the train.

All right. Did some digging today and talked to my sources (news had been a little thin lately but now the extended contract seasonal workers are back at the park). The survey is for a 2020 addition. The 2017 coaster has already been bought and paid for. Apparently contracts were drawn back in January. Everything is still pointing at a B&M. Wasn't able to get anymore info than that.

Of course the usual fine print is always in effect - all mentioned additions are considered rumor until confirmed by the park regardless where the information comes from. Blah Blah Blah

If they're asking about a Dive coaster for 2020, and 2017's coaster will be a B&M, I'm assuming the 2017 addition will be a wing coaster.

I enjoy both GateKeeper and Thunderbird, so a wing coaster would be a nice addition to SDC in my opinion.

When HW was looking for a big steel coaster, they identified the wing coaster as the type that appealed to families the most, which is why they went with it. I highly suspect that SDC will work with B&M to push the height requirement to 50 inches like Wild Eagle so it can be ridden by more youngsters if in fact it is a wing coaster.

When HW was looking for a big steel coaster, they identified the wing coaster as the type that appealed to families the most, which is why they went with it. I highly suspect that SDC will work with B&M to push the height requirement to 50 inches like Wild Eagle so it can be ridden by more youngsters if in fact it is a wing coaster.

Still not good enough, methinks. If they're looking for a true family coaster they need something like Firechaser Express. Having a lower height restriction isn't what makes a coaster a family coaster - it has to be more approachable than a big, bad B&M.

Still not good enough, methinks. If they're looking for a true family coaster they need something like Firechaser Express. Having a lower height restriction isn't what makes a coaster a family coaster - it has to be more approachable than a big, bad B&M.

Well you have ThuNderaTion, Fire in the Hole and (one could argue) PowderKeg