TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Fi-re-cha-ser. Fi-re-cha-ser. Fi-re-cha-ser. My goodness, I want more of those things in the world.

That would be a good fit too!

This is my hope for their next coaster. A couple of years ago I would have said (and did) a Mystery Mine type, but Firechaser just looks so awesome. Thunderation is pretty intense for a first big coaster (though it was mine), so something between Expo Coaster and it would be very good.

I would say to find what the park lacks to better figure out what ride should be coming. Since the park literally has no weak spot, that technique wouldn't work. There's people who say there is a big gap for a family coaster between PK and the grand exposition coaster, but wouldn't thunderation fall under that? If you ask me, I can see a Wingrider, Invert, or a Hyper coming. Of course those would all be from B&M. Just what I think would come. I also do agree that it would be 2017.

So I finally made it back down to SDC. My family and I went to the park on Friday, and it couldn't have been a better day. Temps in the mid 60's, light crowds for the rides, and the park looked great. We got there at opening and headed straight to Outlaw Run. We walked right on and sat front row. I haven't been so amped up for a ride in a long time. I think this was the first time I was genuinely left in awe, everything about this coaster is just so awesome, but that first drop was amazing.... I can only IMAGINE what Lightning Rod will be like. After riding, I went right back around and walked right on again, this time sitting back row... OMG!!! that first drop was pure air even before cresting the top!!!

We stayed all day, but we didn't ride many rides due to my father and sister having medical issues which doesn't allow them to ride almost any rides . Anyway, my mom and I did ride a few others... Powder Keg, Electro Spin, and The Giant Barn Swing, all walk ons, and then we all rode the Steam Train of course and that was about a 15 minute wait. We did a ton of shopping, ate at WagonWorks Grill even though I wanted to go to one of the buffets, and then we stayed for the parade and then walked the entire park once it was dark to see all the lights. Overall we had an amazing time and the weather made it that much better. I'll try to upload some photos of the lights and the parade later.

• 2 weeks later...

It didn't need to be relocated anyway, since it's not a classic. I just want to see a new one built. The layout was brilliant, I wouldn't mind seeing it "cloned" to a couple of parks like PowerLand's Thunderbird.

By the way, last weekend was insane for SDC. 23,500-ish people in the park on Saturday, easily over 60,000 for the weekend. The highway leading to the park was backed up for miles. The only reason an attendance record wasn't set was because they ran out of parking and many people turned around rather than deal with the wait. Some people were stuck for three hours...

SDC has a lot of obstacles in front of it for further sustained growth. They can be overcome, but it's going to take a ton of $$$ and reshaping the hills around the park.

It didn't need to be relocated anyway, since it's not a classic. I just want to see a new one built. The layout was brilliant, I wouldn't mind seeing it "cloned" to a couple of parks like PowerLand's Thunderbird.

By the way, last weekend was insane for SDC. 23,500-ish people in the park on Saturday, easily over 60,000 for the weekend. The highway leading to the park was backed up for miles. The only reason an attendance record wasn't set was because they ran out of parking and many people turned around rather than deal with the wait. Some people were stuck for three hours...

SDC has a lot of obstacles in front of it for further sustained growth. They can be overcome, but it's going to take a ton of $$$ and reshaping the hills around the park.

A lot of this traffic is from nearby by places like booming Northwest Arkansas. They wait for good weather days and bombard the park and the park will need adjust to feast or famine like crowds as it's local park base continues to grow. This park may need more major infrastructure improvements than new attractions.

A lot of this traffic is from nearby by places like booming Northwest Arkansas. They wait for good weather days and bombard the park and the park will need adjust to feast or famine like crowds as it's local park base continues to grow. This park may need more major infrastructure improvements than new attractions.

I agree. One thing I noticed is how many bottle necks there are around the park. Some paths need widened, but they might destroy the feel of the park.

I agree. One thing I noticed is how many bottle necks there are around the park. Some paths need widened, but they might destroy the feel of the park.

I don't know about messing with what's already there but think more in terms of a new outer loop so you reduce the criss crossing.

Edited by ElvisLuv