TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Sounds like nothing major for 2016, but Grand Expo is going to get some attention - not sure to what depth though. 2017 is sounding like a big year though and that we should keep an eye on the hill over by Wildfire/PowderKeg

Somebody's been reading the SDCFan forums...

Sounds like nothing major for 2016, but Grand Expo is going to get some attention - not sure to what depth though. 2017 is sounding like a big year though and that we should keep an eye on the hill over by Wildfire/PowderKeg

Somebody's been reading the SDCFan forums...

You? I had to Google SDCFan forums to even see what you were talking about.

Hey everyone! I see there has already been some trip advice discussion - I'm going to get in on the action.

Visiting Labor Day weekend (Sat and Sun). Anyone been in the past? What were the queue times like? I read about getting there early on Sunday to take advantage of the time while everyone's in church still.

How about restaurants/bars in the area outside of the park? I believe I'm staying at a hotel right across the street, as we got tickets/hotel in a package deal from Branson.com. First time visiting the park. I've been to Dollywood before so I know that taking the time to slow down and enjoy the scenery/arts and crafts is a must at the park.

If it's too crowded, honestly I'll but their version of the fastpass. Seems like a good deal. But yeah, looking for any other tips - especially things to do outside of the park as far as bars and restaurants go since the park closes somewhat early.

Thanks everyone!

-Zach

Bumping since I got buried under pages of SDC vs CC. Any help?

^That sure would be nice if they're a little softer now, for us taller folks.

I'm heading to the park this Saturday. I noticed that the park hours are only 9:30-6, so could that be an indication of lower crowds? Or should I get the Trailblazer pass?

Thanks in advance!

I'm heading to the park this Saturday. I noticed that the park hours are only 9:30-6, so could that be an indication of lower crowds? Or should I get the Trailblazer pass?

Thanks in advance!

Those hours are very normal for the park. They've tried keeping it open later, but when they did, most people still ended up leaving around 6-7. So they close early most days.

I wouldn't say Trailblazer Pass would be necessary this weekend. It's late enough in the summer that Branson's died down a bit. You'll still get the Springfield/Harrison families as always, but operations are great here and all the coasters but Powder Keg should be under 30 minutes. It's going to be about 90 degrees tomorow, though, so the water rides will have long lines. Just do American Plunge, Lost River, and Powder Keg first and you'll have a great day.

Thanks in advance!

Those hours are very normal for the park. They've tried keeping it open later, but when they did, most people still ended up leaving around 6-7. So they close early most days.

I wouldn't say Trailblazer Pass would be necessary this weekend. It's late enough in the summer that Branson's died down a bit. You'll still get the Springfield/Harrison families as always, but operations are great here and all the coasters but Powder Keg should be under 30 minutes. It's going to be about 90 degrees tomorow, though, so the water rides will have long lines. Just do American Plunge, Lost River, and Powder Keg first and you'll have a great day.

Here's the caveat, the Weather has been spectacular the past few days in the Ozarks, and the heat isn't brutal, actually chilly, Record lows have been recorded this week in the region. Only 80 degrees today(Friday), but rain chances pick up over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
any knowledge of what the park is planning for 2016?

Yes

^ share?

Park said they'll release info on 2016 before season pass sales begin. You can wait that long.

Well... That was short lived. I have a feeling someone on here (^) does not know any more than anyone else about SDC's 2016 plans.

any knowledge of what the park is planning for 2016?

Yes

^ share?

Park said they'll release info on 2016 before season pass sales begin. You can wait that long.

Well... That was short lived. I have a feeling someone on here (^) does not know any more than anyone else about SDC's 2016 plans.

Seems you have everything all figured out.

Though I'm sure someone on here probably knows more than anyone else. The mathematical odds aren't in your favor on that remark.

Though I'm sure someone on here probably knows more than anyone else. The mathematical odds aren't in your favor on that remark.

All I have left to say on this topic is that time and time again on this site people have stated they know park plans before anyone else, and every time when the park unveils their plans for the next season said people have been wrong. So unless you work in the planning/development department of a park, the odds of you knowing what's going in at the park next year are very slim. And if you do work in yhe planning/development area of the park then you would know you don't go around posting about it online. That's what NDA's are for, and everyone on are around new project has to sign on. Now that I got that off my chest . . .

Looking to head back to the park this coming weekend. It's been way to long. I need some Outlaw Run in my life!!

^ Exactly. Welcome to the Ozarks! Silver Dollar City is the sort of place that doesn't need a new ride every single year to stay in business. The years they do, it's awesome, and the years they don't, it's awesome. They just do all the little things right, and it really makes a difference. At other parks, the new ride becomes the star. At SDC, the new ride blends into the park itself. The best theme parks do that.

So enjoy the best roller coaster in the Midwest, the cinnamon bread, and the cave tour. Don't miss any of those three.

All I have left to say on this topic is that time and time again on this site people have stated they know park plans before anyone else, and every time when the park unveils their plans for the next season said people have been wrong. So unless you work in the planning/development department of a park, the odds of you knowing what's going in at the park next year are very slim. And if you do work in yhe planning/development area of the park then you would know you don't go around posting about it online. That's what NDA's are for, and everyone on are around new project has to sign on. Now that I got that off my chest . . .

Looking to head back to the park this coming weekend. It's been way to long. I need some Outlaw Run in my life!!

Well backseat moderator, it's a good thing you're here to save the day. Though you might want to slow down your gun shooting a little bit. I didn't say either way if I knew what was coming. I played you like a fool and you took the bait hook line and sinker by telling it was mathematically improbable that "no one" knows on here. That doesn't mean that I know (course it doesn't mean I don't either).

He asked if anyone knew. I said yes. How was that wrong? I was be snarky. Of course someone knows.

Now don't you feel/look silly.

Well backseat moderator, it's a good thing you're here to save the day. Though you might want to slow down your gun shooting a little bit. I didn't say either way if I knew what was coming. I played you like a fool and you took the bait hook line and sinker by telling it was mathematically improbable that "no one" knows on here. That doesn't mean that I know (course it doesn't mean I don't either).

He asked if anyone knew. I said yes. How was that wrong? I was be snarky. Of course someone knows.

Now don't you feel/look silly.

Suggestion from Your Friendly Neighborhood Site Moderator: Knock it off. Now.

While I don't know if they'll actually be adding any new attractions next year, I can say that they will be moving the three kiddie insect themed rides from Grand Expo to Half Dollar Holler. There's a lot of talk about this being the start of getting things ready for the 2017 project. I guess a fence is supposed to go up by the swings in late December (maybe once we close for the season).