TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

The theming of the new addition is related to firefighting. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a family coaster like Fire Chaser Express at Dollywood. Even with the family sections, the park lacks a good coaster that could be enjoyed by the whole family. Last I heard, there were large footers placed where Geyser Gulch was. The motto has been "Keep Your Bucket Handy" which has been used with Fire in the Hole... Maybe a revamp is in store... it could really use it. Can't wait to see what it is!

Even with the family sections, the park lacks a good coaster that could be enjoyed by the whole family.

Um, what do you call Powder Keg?!??! Kristen rode it when she was FIVE!!! I'd consider that a VERY good coaster that can be enjoyed by the whole family!

Perhaps they will announce future additions as well. Not just the new area coming in 2015. Similar to how Dollywood announce the investment over the next few years. Does SDC have a hotel?

I have been told some other things would probably be announced, but I think they were referring to shows, festival improvements, and such.

I don't think they'll be announcing long term plans for SDC. For one thing, their plans keep changing! Branson tourism has been up and down, and there's just a lot still in flux right now with Branson in general. The area will grow in the long-term though, and big things are on the way for SDC.

I do think they'll get a hotel someday relatively soon, but I'm not looking for it in the next five years.

Silver Dollar City has just announced that in 2015 they are adding Fireman's landing. Here's the link to full details! http://www.silverdollarcity.com/firemanslanding?sd=1

Silver Dollar city announced- You asked for it and we listened...an All-NEW Area with rides and attractions for the whole family, ages 3 to 93! Fireman’s Landing harkens back to the days of bucket brigades and volunteer firemen with rides and attractions ready to train and entertain would-be recruits including:

Fire Spotter – Soaring balloons for spotting fire dangers

Fire Wagon Frenzy – A bumpy ride for bucket brigade volunteers

FireFall – The 8-story fire tower free-fall drop ride for the more daring recruits

Station No. 3 Firehouse Play Place where guests can meet the station's newest Dalmatian resident & "sign in" for three training activities:

Firefighter’s Fire Drill – Featuring buckets, pumpers, foam ball cannons and targets for showering mock fires

Firefighter’s Fire Escape – An obstacle course of tubes, mazes, climbing structures and slides

Firefighter’s Junior Escape – A soft play area for toddlers

Fireman’s Flyer – A low-flying swing ride for little firefighters

Up the Ladder – A smaller tower drop ride for junior recruits

The Roundaboat – A bouncing ride on Dalmatians racing around a fire hydrant

Firehouse Splash Yard - Squirting water jets and pump hoses

Edited by GCI Wooden

Official Announcement: http://www.silverdollarcity.com/firemanslanding

Sound the alarm as Silver Dollar City debuts 10 NEW Family Adventures coming Spring 2015! Centered around the headquarters of Station No. 3, Fireman’s Landing is designed with the atmosphere and theming of an old-time volunteer firefighter recruitment fair with activities set up to test the skills of even the youngest would-be recruits. The addition to our 1880’s city encompasses nearly 2 acres and increases the park’s attractions adding six family rides and four interactive play zones.photo-aerial-v2.thumb.jpg.21da8f1277a6a64705a07737a8f3309f.jpg

You asked for it and we listened...an All-NEW Area with rides and attractions for the whole family, ages 3 to 93! Fireman’s Landing harkens back to the days of bucket brigades and volunteer firemen with rides and attractions ready to train and entertain would-be recruits including:

1. Fire Spotter – Soaring balloons for spotting fire dangers

2. Fire Wagon Frenzy – A bumpy ride for bucket brigade volunteers

3. FireFall – The 8-story fire tower free-fall drop ride for the more daring recruits

Station No. 3 Firehouse Play Place where guests can meet the station's newest Dalmatian resident & "sign in" for three training activities:

4. Firefighter’s Fire Drill – Featuring buckets, pumpers, foam ball cannons and targets for showering mock fires

5. Firefighter’s Fire Escape – An obstacle course of tubes, mazes, climbing structures and slides

6. Firefighter’s Junior Escape – A soft play area for toddlers

7. Fireman’s Flyer – A low-flying swing ride for little firefighters

8. Up the Ladder – A smaller tower drop ride for junior recruits

9. The Roundaboat – A bouncing ride on Dalmatians racing around a fire hydrant

10. Firehouse Splash Yard - Squirting water jets and pump hoses

The citizens of Silver Dollar City know all too well of the dangers of a fire as during the late 1800s the town then known as Marmaros burned to the ground. Following that devastating event, citizens rallied and quickly decided that they would never fall victim to such a fire again…together they would be prepared. The fire chief is now asking that all volunteers be ready when duty calls at Fireman’s Landing…it only takes one spark to light the fire of family fun!

photo-firefall.thumb.jpg.a4f639fa83be4d2027b07c507266bb87.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I really do love how much effort Herschend Family Entertainment has been putting in to their expansions at Solver Dollar City and Dollywood, and this new expansion looks like another solid win for the park!

Edited by jedimaster1227

^The shot tower is from CC, but I believe the kiddie one is new?

A well-thought out addition. They have really responded to complaints about the Grand Expo and created an area that features rides while also promoting the larger park and creating a unique atmosphere and overall experience.

I am a little bummed that the water cannons will not be kept, but that is a minor complaint, and I understand the reasoning behind it.

They are completely tearing out all of GG to build this new area. The construction we've been watching behind the current structure is actually for the new structure rather than the rides themselves like I had been assuming.