TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

I...feel I may have worded something poorly earlier in this thread. As punishment, I shall meekly offer myself up to be mercilessly pelted with loaves of freshly baked cinnamon bread.

dscn2045.jpg.d4b47d0e083e5b17ac0ed185a5e1a782.jpg

Cinnamon bread is the one true food. ALL HAIL CINNAMON BREAD.

The Christmas light parade was advertised as being in its final year. I've heard rumors that it will be replaced by a Rudolph themed parade next year because Herschend now has the rights to use Rudolph in their parks. Has anyone else heard about this?

I love how the addition of Outlaw Run brought well deserved attention to SDC. I'm so excited for the future Seasons of SDC! I know there is so much more in store for this wonderful Park, and I would not be surprised if in the next then years it becomes one of the most popular Parks in the Country, and has a few more awesome Coasters added to its line up!

I love how the addition of Outlaw Run brought well deserved attention to SDC. I'm so excited for the future Seasons of SDC! I know there is so much more in store for this wonderful Park, and I would not be surprised if in the next then years it becomes one of the most popular Parks in the Country, and has a few more awesome Coasters added to its line up!

Outlaw Run has without a doubt put SDC on my radar. I heard of SDC before Outlaw Run but I barely paid attention to this park's news and the thread. Now I find myself sort of planning a trip around SDC this year to go there, St. Louis and Kansas City in May coming from New Jersey.

The Christmas light parade was advertised as being in its final year. I've heard rumors that it will be replaced by a Rudolph themed parade next year because Herschend now has the rights to use Rudolph in their parks. Has anyone else heard about this?

I can reply to this one since I work at SDC yes they are bringing a whole new parade to the park this year tho I dont know every thing yet about it till March 1 but I can confirm that Rudolph and Bumble will be part Of Christmas this year.

I can reply to this one since I work at SDC yes they are bringing a whole new parade to the park this year tho I dont know every thing yet about it till March 1 but I can confirm that Rudolph and Bumble will be part Of Christmas this year.

I got a SDC newsletter in the mail this week and it did confirm a new light parade with Rudolph and friends!

Other news include:

-Final year of the Harvest Festival stunt show

-Star Spangled Summer festival replaces KidsFest with shows including a trampoline stunt show and a magician

-Midnight Madness added to calendar

-Return of Country Music Weekend around Labor Day

I got a SDC newsletter in the mail this week and it did confirm a new light parade with Rudolph and friends!

Other news include:

-Final year of the Harvest Festival stunt show

-Star Spangled Summer festival replaces KidsFest with shows including a trampoline stunt show and a magician

-Midnight Madness added to calendar

-Return of Country Music Weekend around Labor Day

Yeah, I got the same flyer. Pretty sure they sent that out to all the 2013 season pass holders. In all honesty, the Star Spangled Summer sounds a whole lot like the Kids Fest. The new stunt show and magic show sure sound like more of the same. I expect we'll see new decorations and otherwise little difference. The Rudolph parade, though, I do find interesting. Everyone in the park seems to congregate at the square for the tree lighting, and a parade is a good way of spreading the festivities out to all areas of the park. The square is on top of a hill, so it's kind of an ordeal to get up there, especially with a stroller. We typically don't return to the square until we're ready to go home.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

Star Spangled Summer is definitely just a new name for KidsFest, which wasn't a real fitting name since the shows going on catered to the entire family, not just the kids. 2014 sounds like it should have some small new things going on. The Rudolph parade is definitely going to be cool.

• 3 weeks later...

The prices for food at SDC are around what you pay at Six Flags, Disney World, or virtually any other theme park (normally $10 a meal and $2 a drink if you get the souvenir cup). The thing is, the food is so good you won't even care about the prices.

Yeah you can pretty much expect average theme park prices at SDC, though in some cases, you get what you pay for (yes I'm talking about that famous Cinnamon Bread). I've been to quite a few amusement parks (although nothing to boast about compared to many other users here) and I still haven't found a park that competes with Holiday World's reasonable food prices. Granted the food is nothing too special, you still aren't shelling out $10+ dollars for just a cheeseburger sans fries and no drink. Hopefully Silver Dollar City will hop aboard the free drinks train one day!