TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Personally, I don't see why it's so important that it's seen as a traditional wooden coaster. As long as the coaster's awesome, why does it matter?

It doesn't. But you posted the argument, so what's your point? If you have one...

Personally, I don't see why it's so important that it's seen as a traditional wooden coaster. As long as the coaster's awesome, why does it matter?

It doesn't. But you posted the argument, so what's your point? If you have one...

My point is that it's not a traditional woodie as you suggested in your report and that I think it should be embraced as a modern and exciting new take on the wooden coaster. However, I'm not in the "El Toro is a steel coaster and shouldn't be on the Mitch Hawker wood poll" club. I'm just debating over the technicalities of what is a "traditional" woodie.

Just watched the off ride footage and can only think holly crap! Really thank you Robb and Chad for going out and getting such great coverage to share with us. Now to patently wait for summer to roll around

And quick question, how is the comfort of the trains? They are the first RMC has designed and built in house right?

If anyone wants to kidnap me and take me to Branson, I seriously won't object or anything of the sort. Robb and Chad thanks for the pictures, video etc. media day looked amazing.

Don't tempt me, Nicole.....you do realize it would take very little convincing, right??

Robb and Chad, thank you for the tremendous coverage! The videos, the stunning pics,......I just am speechless. I can't think of a coaster in recent memory that I've wanted to ride THIS badly!! Outlaw Run just looks spectacular, period. And that off-ride footage really shows off the blazing pace as it tears through the course! So. Much. AWESOME!!

Now back to thinking about how in the world I can manage a trip to Branson.......

^ If anybody were to do a beyond-vertical drop on a woodie, I can safely assume it to be RMC. They would have to get very creative with the structure/supports though...

Anyway, Outlaw Run looks fantastic! You're right, Robb, I think SDC really does have a winner in their hands.

Mmmm, Italian Nachos, so wrong, yet they were pretty darn good.

Robb summed everything up perfectly. Outlaw Run is the complete package. From the ride area theme, the unique frozen Barq's root beer, and of course the ride itself.

The trains are comfortable and will fit those with larger diameter buttocks. I witnessed a person who was easily 300lbs get in and obtain the needed green light on the lap bar so no worries there for those of you whom it would apply to.

My opinion on what my favorite element is has changed pretty much each time I have ridden. I'd say after today though that my favorite part of the ride is the second of the barrel rolls. Why? Simple. Hangtime. When you ride it, and you must, you will know what I mean

Don't forget to like RMC's Facebook Page! (And tell them TPR sent you!)

Edited by robbalvey

Outlaw Run has always looked like an incredible ride and i'm glad to hear it delivers on everything! The only thing I was concerned about was the length, but I guess what they say is true, length doesn't matter That Batman comparison makes perfect sense because I love it! I'm sure we'll see a lot more from RMC in the coming years.

I don't know if it's asked before for but: I want to know if you can tell from the GP view if the ride has inversions. Like when you walk up to the ride, can you see the either the barrel rolls or are these really to far in the woods?

Fantastic footage! Spectacular update Robb! Like you said, those off ride shots are stunning, they do really show how fast this coaster is. Great addition to Silver Dollar city. I wonder how such an amazing ride only costed 10 million dollars.