TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Are we all forgetting that this is the same company that helped build El Toro? We all knew that this was going to be a kick - A$$ ride for years to come.

Actually yes.

I think of their topper tracks/rebuilds mostly but also that was just construction, ya know? This is their first totally done ride. It was a ? but no longer!

Looks incredible! I absolutely love that we are entering a new age for wooden roller coasters, with the RMC coasters+Intamin pre-fabs raising the bar!

The coaster nerd/historian in me is a bit pained but what can ya say? Progress is a good thing, esp when so much of the GP hate woodies, and a great ride is a great ride!

Awesome job on the POV, and I am glad to hear that the ride delivers and meets and perhaps even exceeds expectations! I look forward to riding this one.

Now, if only those rumors about something like this showing up at Dollywood turn out to be true...

First of all thanks for the POV, Robb! WOW...seriously intense looking ride. I just love how there are NO handrails or boards to walk on after the lift, but I wonder how SDC will inspect the track daily. Cheers to SDC and RMC for building such an insanely awesome looking ride. Can't wait to ride it!

So this ride delivers like no other. From the top of lift to brake it's a heart pounding 39 seconds. The fake drop after the lift chain truthfully fooled people into thinking they were about to take off before plunging 81 degrees speeding towards the outer over banked turn that delivers a bit of weightlessness before planting you into a 3g plus turn over a few airtime hills that push you sideways through the lift. The airtime pops are comparable to NTAG, forceful and quick. The barrel roll is crazy and with a light train (few people riding) you get an insane hangtime coming out of the second roll.

This is a solid ride that should easily be in the top 10 and without a doubt should be a golden ticket winner.

If you have any expectations of what this ride will do, once you've ridden it, your expectations will be blown away.

Get out here and ride!

"My voice is gone. Probably not a bad thing". almost spit out my coffee laughing--a great nod to certain POV fans!

What a great video and of an insanely fun looking ride. Outlaw Run really does look like a perfect fit for SDC. Can't wait to try it out one day. I think could happily live on Powder Keg and Outlaw Run all day.

^^Chad, great little review of the ride!

^ Remember, only one of them is a hybrid. Outlaw Run is wood coaster stack, steel rail, and trains with steel wheels, just like every other traditional wood roller coaster! This one just take the rules for a traditional wood coaster and throws it for a loop!

^I'll bet that OR is going to make Mitch Hawker's wooden poll at least in the nine spot. I wouldn't doubt that at all.

I just watched the POV myself, and I have to say: This thing looks like the Skyrush of wooden coasters...

With better pacing.

And less deadly restraints.

For those of you who have ridden both OR and SR, which one is better in your opinion?

I just watched the POV myself, and I have to say: This thing looks like the Skyrush of wooden coasters...

With better pacing.

And less deadly restraints.

For those of you who have ridden both OR and SR, which one is better in your opinion?

I obviously haven't ridden Outlaw Run, but I really don't think that you can compare the two. I mean, an insane wooden coaster out in the woods with inversions versus...an insane steel hypercoaster built in a really small space over a creek? Tight head-choppers versus open-air freedom?

You would make more progress comparing Outlaw Run with El Toro. Just my opinion.

One final question comes to mind when I see these video. We all know that its awesome and kicks all sorts of @$$. Now what I want to know is, how does it compare in "smoothness" to other wooden coasters such as El Toro, the GCI coasters, and the coasters with Timberliners.

is there going to be more pics from media day and some off ride video posted?

Absolutely, just give Robb a bit more time. He's been doing interviews, getting footage, and tons of photos. He needs to put it all together for you guys!

An FYI for anyone coming out tomorrow...Turnstiles open at 8am at which time you can grab breakfast or check out the gift shops on the Square.

The first riders of the day will be contest winners. To those who choose to arrive early you will be allowed to line up for Outlaw Run. Once on the square, go towards the left where you will be able to line up and wait to be led down the hill to the ride. Keep in mind the rides park does not open until 9:30, only the Square will be open to wondering around.

It's a top 5 ride, you won't be disappointed!

SDC-Media-3_13_13-398.jpg.07e3ac5f11783803f3ed5439b2c2669a.jpg

Your stage coach awaits

Edited by chadster

I can't wait to ride this. I probably won't get to SDC until this fall, but maybe we can squeeze a trip in earlier this year. The ride looks to be a FANTASTIC addition to an already excellent line-up of coasters for a smaller park that used to be just about the cave, bluegrass music, Ozark culture and crafts, and a few darkrides and walkthroughs.