TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Excitement mounting! Booked my hotel/ticket package for the grand opening. Any thoughts on April crowds? We'll be there the week before World Fest starts, so I'm hoping that may curb the crowds a bit, but I shouldn't count on it. Also, if anyone's planning a first time visit, SDC offers a great deal on trip packages through their website, most of which I've found to be cheaper than booking individually myself, and offer a "two-day for the price of one" ticket. We usually stay at Still Waters, which is very clean/comfortable and is on a really great piece of lakefront property.

April crowds are usually low on weekdays.

They had record attendance last spring break but this March isn't looking near as warm as last. If you put much faith in long term forcasts, Accuweather says it'll be in the mid 60's on March 15 and back down to the 50's on the 16th but sunny both days. That'll change ten times between now and then.

Excitement mounting! Booked my hotel/ticket package for the grand opening. Any thoughts on April crowds? We'll be there the week before World Fest starts, so I'm hoping that may curb the crowds a bit, but I shouldn't count on it. Also, if anyone's planning a first time visit, SDC offers a great deal on trip packages through their website, most of which I've found to be cheaper than booking individually myself, and offer a "two-day for the price of one" ticket. We usually stay at Still Waters, which is very clean/comfortable and is on a really great piece of lakefront property.

Thank you very much! We certainly do appreciate all the people who come visit our corner of the world. It's a beautiful area, and tourism pays for a lot of what we have here. You'll be in great shape the week before World Fest (4/11-14). A lot of people go for Spring Break weekends or for World Fest. In between, the park isn't offering anything special, so crowds are a bit lighter. Of course, SDC has been heavily promoting Outlaw Run, so I expect a lot more people this year than last. I'd run to the back of the park, and I'd still count on an hour wait, even during the ordinarily show-focused early season.

Getting stoked for Outlaw Run! I'm going to be there on opening day. This'll be the time to try out my camera and hopefully get some raw footage up from the coaster, but it might be challenging because all of the dense foliage.

Will anybody else be there?

I'm planning on being there.

I just got their newsletter and it was so depressing because I probably won't be able to go this year. Can't wait to see all the reports though!

Yeah it's gunna be a 2014 trip for me sadly....

Though if I'm going that far out, might as well hit Hades, erm Hades 360, before it totally falls apart, and get The Voyage on the way back

Same, dying to see Robb's report and POV!

I was hoping to get to SDC this year, but unfortunately, the only day I can go is a saturday in mid-august So I'm thinking of just not going at all.

That's unfortunate, but if you do go, you'll probably end up being able to ride OR at least a couple of times. SDC is very efficient with their operations. Then again, I haven't seen a ride this big open before at SDC... I heard that when Wildfire opened they actually used the entire station AND the overflow queue outside that hasn't been used in years... hard to say what will happen.

I don't know when I'll be able to get out there either. I've been so busy over the last couple of months I haven't had any time to get caught up in the hype leading up until opening. I kind of want it to keep all my excitement bottled up until I actually get a chance to get there. I am looking forward to seeing people get blown away by it through TRs though.

Yeah, was suppose to go on opening day myself, but plans fell through and now unable to. Kind of sucks having this one 600 miles away...

Would of been the only time I had a chance to go too, but I'm hoping a couple other trips this summer can make up for it, and eventually make my way down there. Probably won't be until 2015 due to my Europe trip next fall. If the opportunity though comes up where someone I know is heading down there and looking for a few people to go in a group, that's probably when I'll get to go.