TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

I saw a few people mention that there wasn't as much airtime as they expected... From watching the footage I've seen I was actually more worried that there will be so much airtime my thighs will be hurting after riding this. There's only one specific hill created exclusively for airtime, but there are also at least three other points of insane, out-of-your seat ejector air, including the first drop. There will also be pops of air in unexpected places I'm sure, plus there's got to be something that happens on the sideways "wave turn".

It's definitely going to be a bit unlike any other ride so far. Being the first coaster RMC has built from the ground up with this technology, the layout is unrestricted. It's hard to explain, but it feels like since they didn't have to follow in another ride's footsteps with this one, they were able to create more a unified experience along the total length of this ride, like all the elements are designed to work together...

Damn, so stoked to ride this on our trip in October!

The only thing I am kind of worried about is the little bar that is going to go across where your shins will be. Sky Rocket had those and they were really painful on the airtime bits and I think this thing is going to have way more airtime than Sky Rocket. Other than that, super stoked on this ride!!!

From the coaster memes facebook page:

598359_161885010632098_959734781_n.jpg

I'm sure Gatekeeper will be a good ride for most of the people that go to Cedar Point. Outlaw Run will probably be a little wilder

I think thats one reason why we will be seeing a lot more RMC in the future. They are so cheap! Now i know Outlaw Run isnt that big(Length wise) so that could always make it cheaper, but i wonder if the price includes the new little themed area around the coaster.

GO RMC!!

It looks to me like the restraints are alot like El Toro, this concerns me. I hope they are less painful for the guys with a gut. I have already taken off work on the 15th and a buddy of mine wants to camp out at the front gate. I think being there an hour before they open will be more than sufficient.

if it were that easy I would have done it years ago.

In 30 days you could easily, and healthily, knock off 15lbs or more depending on how serious you took it. I lost 62lbs last year (and have kept it off) and in my first month alone I dropped 17lbs.

It can be done, and if you're serious about it, it's not that hard. Just need to dedicate yourself. Why worry about IF you can fit, and work on fixing it so you'll KNOW you can fit?

Gatekeeper and Outlaw Run are two completely different coasters built in two completely different parks on completely different kinds of terrain. I'm pretty sure that the only comparison you could make between the two is their placement on someone's "best roller coaster of 2013" poll.

From the coaster memes facebook page:

598359_161885010632098_959734781_n.jpg

I'm sure Gatekeeper will be a good ride for most of the people that go to Cedar Point. Outlaw Run will probably be a little wilder

I think thats one reason why we will be seeing a lot more RMC in the future. They are so cheap! Now i know Outlaw Run isnt that big(Length wise) so that could always make it cheaper, but i wonder if the price includes the new little themed area around the coaster.

GO RMC!!

$10 million is not cheap. Yes, it is relatively cheap compared to a new B&M but still a lot of money.

What are the expected annual maintainance costs of both coasters?

Excitement mounting! Booked my hotel/ticket package for the grand opening. Any thoughts on April crowds? We'll be there the week before World Fest starts, so I'm hoping that may curb the crowds a bit, but I shouldn't count on it. Also, if anyone's planning a first time visit, SDC offers a great deal on trip packages through their website, most of which I've found to be cheaper than booking individually myself, and offer a "two-day for the price of one" ticket. We usually stay at Still Waters, which is very clean/comfortable and is on a really great piece of lakefront property.

$10 million is not cheap. Yes, it is relatively cheap compared to a new B&M but still a lot of money.

What are the expected annual maintainance costs of both coasters?

This makes me want to dance and shout and be happy. No one ever seems to think about the cost to keep these rides up. People seem to think you pay the one big price and you are done.

I'm guessing that Outlaw Run's track style will likely make maintenance significantly lower because of the topper track design, but there will always be more work put into a wooden ride than a steel coaster. And $10 million for a wooden coaster is pretty costly, especially for one with a somewhat short track length. The thing that will make it worth it is that it's still going to be a great ride and likely remain popular for many many years, so parks won't mind paying a little extra to get a lot out of the ride.