TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Where are the air gates in the station?

My best guess is they're either invisible or haven't been installed yet.

My life dream is really just that every park can follow Knoebels' lead and forgo the air gates.

And that people could be trusted to not jump in front of the train so that we could have that freedom.

This ride is looking so good I may actually consider flying Allegiant Air from Orlando to check it out...!

They fly to Branson? I know they fly out of XNA. That's a 1 1/2 hour to 2hr. drive depending on traffic.

Air Tran flys from Orlando to Branson. I don't know what the flights in and out of Springfield are offered from ORlando.

The airgates are coming from wildcat. They needed a train parked in the station to be able to line everything up properly. It won't take them but a few days to get them installed once they are ready to.

o.jpg.bfcfad6adadef2c0f2e684702a43fb65.jpg

I believe this is the hill in question. Talk about 90 degrees taken to the extreme!

^Speaking of which, how much airtime do you think The Wave (that 90 degree airtime hill, not to be confused with wave turn) will have?

I can't "name" my source, but I have it on VERY good authority that the wave hill will give a different type of airtime and it should be intense. So I'd say lots from what I understand. I will now reveal that this coaster has my personal signature of approval:

824237642_P1030058Resize.jpg.032cb26013bd71b8e56cf80b66397e4e.jpg

Yep this coaster is officially sealed with my approval.

1315231612_P1030042Resize.jpg.9eb9c8beb6d6220e4d797bd6a3f8b049.jpg

Just so ya know I'm not pulling a fast one. But you wouldn't really think that about me now would ya?

The airgates are coming from wildcat. They needed a train parked in the station to be able to line everything up properly. It won't take them but a few days to get them installed once they are ready to.

Thank you for actually answering my question. I was just concerned they might go another route with the loading process. I would hate to see a magic carpet style loading system, where we just file into the train from the front.

They are incomplete I know buuuut I kind of would like to see the trains stay open front like that, would be whacked out and scary

Yeah the ride doesn't look to have much airtime as we think...just that one hill, but its short and goes 68 mph...my guess you'll be flying out of your seat just due to the speeds alone

^ You can't tell what a ride will provide from a little video. Everyone on here should know that from Skyrush's first pov. After following its construction/testing..ect, when the video was released I thought it looked dumb and wouldn't be a good ride. but apon riding it, it's one of, if not, the craziest coaster. So Lets be honest here, this ride is going to be sweet even if it has no airtime!

^ You can't tell what a ride will provide from a little video. Everyone on here should know that from Skyrush's first pov. After following its construction/testing..ect, when the video was released I thought it looked dumb and wouldn't be a good ride. but apon riding it, it's one of, if not, the craziest coaster. So Lets be honest here, this ride is going to be sweet even if it has no airtime!

Well like I said

but its short and goes 68 mph...my guess you'll be flying out of your seat just due to the speeds alone

No doubt it's gunna be awesome, and Im frantically trying to think of a way to get some fast cash by March 31st so I can ride this!

Agreed, it looked cool in design but I thought maybe it'd be underwhelming but real life pics makes me think quite the opposite

^^ I also really doubt its running up to its full potential when they're doing the first test runs, I expect that it will really be flying once summer comes around.

That too! Its just the first test runs. Once its open and cooking up, no doubt this thing is filthy!

Has anyone else checked out the off-ride video that the Silver Dollar City posted on Facebook! This thing FLYS over that first drop and into the barrel rolls! It looks amazing! I didn't see anything posted here so sorry if it was already mentioned, I looked 10 pages back!

Here is the link: