TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

It has been so much fun with social media and websites keeping tabs on the construction of new rides and attractions, I remember following the construction of Millennium Force and SFMM's Goliath in 1999-2000, and updates were not as frequent, and now parks supply us with a lot of updates some daily/weekly. Amazing PR work by Silver Dollar City!

Mmmmm... Yes please.

Is the front seat going to be open like that or will it eventually be closed

I have a feeling there is a front piece that has not been added. Probably for the ease of getting the water dummies in and out or something along those lines.

It's about time testing started. Looks beautifully brutal and I can't wait for a chance to ride this beast.

Why does the main drop remind me so much of X2s? Hopefully the drop has loads of airtime in the back half of the train.

um, try the ENTIRE train having loads of airtime on that first drop. Every 80 degree drop or more coaster I've been on is a butt lifter no matter what seat you sit in. Granted, it will be more intense in the back half. But I expect airtime will be had in every seat all over it's entire illegal journey (giggle).

Mmmmm... Yes please.

Is the front seat going to be open like that or will it eventually be closed

I have a feeling there is a front piece that has not been added. Probably for the ease of getting the water dummies in and out or something along those lines.

I think they will, the renders for it have had these really awesome looking fronts as seen below.

1280_800b.thumb.jpg.307824f7cd2feea7bf6f44550a6375a8.jpg

Train Render