TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

I am truly looking forward to going back again next summer

^^ If you do come, you're going to want to come for WorldFest (April and early May). Most of the guests who come during this time are there for the shows, and the ride lines are very short, especially during the week. Plus, they do have some great shows if you can be parted from roller coasters for a half hour.

I would imagine he would come with TPR.

Edited by ernierocker

When I saw/heard about the inversion and then the barrel roll, I was unimpressed (loops to me are boring and gimmicky). But after seeing the drop, layout, terrain, I'm totally sold. Now even the barrel roll looks cool.

When is the TPR event for this ??????

Edited by KevinPage

Oh heck yeah! What a GREAT addition to this already one-of-a-kind park! And right in my back yard to boot! We have been on again off again pass-holders for SDC, but I know what is going into the Christmas stockings THIS year!

And count me in on the TPR trip. My first and only one was the Texas Giant Bash last year, so looking forward to doubling my count at SDC! Yeah I know it's not officially planned yet, but if it happens count me in.

And thanks Chad for posting all the great pics. Hope to meet up with you again this summer sometime.

^^ If you do come, you're going to want to come for WorldFest (April and early May). Most of the guests who come during this time are there for the shows, and the ride lines are very short, especially during the week. Plus, they do have some great shows if you can be parted from roller coasters for a half hour.

I have to put in my vacation by October... I wonder what the chances are that OutRun will be open for WorldFest?

I think this could be a top ranking coaster, it is going to be blazing through that course! I love that wooden coasters are evolving, hopefully it is the beginning of a whole new generation of rides, I know people rave about New Texas Giant. Coasters are getting better all the time!

^^^^^I suppose after all the intensity this ride is sure to produce one is going to need a break!

I have to put in my vacation by October... I wonder what the chances are that OutRun will be open for WorldFest?

Officially the park is saying spring 2013. The train design has been tested so it's doubtful any issues will arise there, so, I would think there would be a very good chance of the ride being open at some point during WorldFest.

^^^^^I suppose after all the intensity this ride is sure to produce one is going to need a break!

Officially the park is saying spring 2013. The train design has been tested so it's doubtful any issues will arise there, so, I would think there would be a very good chance of the ride being open at some point during WorldFest.

I'd say very good chance it will open sometime during WorldFest. The park always opens in mid-March, and when they have a new big ride, it's usually open by about mid-April at the latest. The biggest problem you're going to have, Texcoaster, is that the park has kind of a crazy schedule, and they don't release the new one until season passes go on sale on November 1. This year WorldFest was April 12-May 6. Simplified, the schedule is essentially Thurs-Sun until Memorial Day, then daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day, then back to Thurs-Sun until New Year's, when it closes for the season. But that's simplified. Some weeks the park will be open on a Monday or a Wednesday, and some weeks it's closed on Thursdays, too. Actually, for the next two weeks it's only open Fri-Sun, so my "daily till Labor Day" oversimplification doesn't hold up. In fact, the only day of the week it's never closed is Saturday.

So, if I had to request off for next year before knowing the operating calendar, and the whole point of the trip is Outlaw Run, I'd go on a Friday in late April, to be sure that the park and Outlaw Run are open, and that it's not going to be so crowded that you won't get your money's worth.

Well, I wasn't aware the track was being made from Swiss cheese.

This thing looks amazing. The only concern I have (and I'm being completely serious) is that it doesn't end up like SoB and have structural problems - especially through the barrel roll. I'm sure RMC has taken it into account, and the main track supports are on steel I-beams, but until then there is that lingering thought in my head.

The only concern I have (and I'm being completely serious) is that it doesn't end up like SoB and have structural problems - especially through the barrel roll. I'm sure RMC has taken it into account, and the main track supports are on steel I-beams, but until then there is that lingering thought in my head.

There's actually very little forces on the structure during such a roll.

I'm asumming there will be an event here next year, so my questions is: I've never been to either WoF or SF StL. If I could only pick one of those parks, which one?

They both have a GCi, so it looks like it comes down to: do I want to ride The Boss or Mamba? My first reaction is The Boss.

( and if you recommend one over the other please keep it civil and logical. Thanks )