TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Also, a video preview! The trains seem similar to the intamin woodie trains, i was expecting the trains to be more like the NTAG trains or Millenium Flyers

^ I second that notion but i'm still rather confused about all the holes

Edited by scbt

The website keeps crashing every other time I click on a page... I guess everyone's rushing to it at once. Not a surprise. This looks completely crazy awesome. Also is there some technicality they're using to say it's the second-fastest wood coaster in the world? Wikipedia says it should be third.

Some more intresting stuff here

-Apparently this is a woodie...

-162 Ft. Drop

-9 Airtime moments

-Guy's Inverted Camel toe is an inversion

-Articulated Trains

-Lap bars

- 2 trees planted for every tree removed during construction

So, the reason the ride is "short" is because it's really only 109 feet tall. Okay.

Heartline rolls always look really short/tight when you view them from the front, so I'll reserve judgment on those until we see them from the side.

Looks like a fantastic addition! Did they use Ozark Wildcat footage in the promo video?

RMC is on the brink of being an industry titan if this goes over as well as everyone wants it too. Derivative coaster design is dead to them. They can be credited with two of the biggest developments in the industry with the topper track and now with these inversions and banked turns. I can't wrap my head around how they are actually pulling off some of this stuff, but I said that with some of the turns on NTG as well.

I keep throwing money into the double barrel roll but I still can't ride it! This might be the first ride I will actually build an entire trip around.

OMFG!!! What an insane layout. What do I see...

-Crazy ejector air in several places, the first drop in the back seat looking to be the most extreme of them.

-Low to the ground = out-of-control pacing.

-Trees kept up to retain a forested setting.

-I don't care that it seems short, it just looks INSANE with the inversions and all.

-All of the above = EXCELLENT night ride!

That's it. I am planning to go to SDC for my spring break in the first week of April, hopefully it'll be open by then.

It makes me angry that its duration is only 1 1/2 minutes. Its speed, airtime, and inversions better make up for it.

Man, only took 3 pages for someone to complain about this. New record? How can you possibly complain about anything about this ride, even if it is short?! It looks to be a crazy intense "short" ride!

It makes me angry that its duration is only 1 1/2 minutes. Its speed, airtime, and inversions better make up for it.

It makes me angry that Storm Runner is little more than 50 seconds long. Makes the whole thing barely even worth it.

Just like that, a rumor has started to go around that Outlaw Run will be constructed with an extended-length layout! The new section of the layout, if this rumor is true (which I totally know is true even though I have NO sources) will feature the first ever trip through the Time Vortex on a roller coaster, and an encounter with an oversized Chain Chomp! But most importantly, the new section will feature lots and lots of flamethrowers!

Did I miss anything?