TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

It kind of looks like the track may be inclining slightly towards the end of the turn...by the end of the turn it will probably be elevated quite a bit with the ravine below. I'm guessing another overbanked curve will send this thing back down toward the drop before the coaster rises up toward the station.

So I guess it's not going to cross over the base of the first drop after all? I was hoping it would so that there would be space for a couple of airtime hills there. Perhaps this next section will be more like the second half of Voyage with lower, fast curves until it gets to the other side of the lift hill. I couldn't see much from the train, but it looks like the path of the footers after the lifthill is pretty straight and narrow, so that's probably where all the airtime will be... and maybe a loop as well.

Perhaps this next section will be more like the second half of Voyage with lower, fast curves until it gets to the other side of the lift hill.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Actually, that would be awesome.

Agreed, that would be awesome, assuming that unlike Gravity Group, Rocky Mountain can make a smooth coaster that doesn't destroy itself.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Actually, that would be awesome.

Agreed, that would be awesome, assuming that unlike Gravity Group, Rocky Mountain can make a smooth coaster that doesn't destroy itself.

I thought that the track destruction was PTC's fault.

In a rare move, SDC mentioned the construction on their Facebook page again today. That's only the second mention of the ride they've made to the general public outside of the occasional conductor talking about it on the train more than usual. I know earlier in the year I was understanding of them not making much of a fuss yet because the summer had only begun and they didn't want to confuse people about it opening this year, but now that it's so obvious and being talked about even outside of enthusiast circles I would have thought they would hype it a little more. The announcement is only a month away after all. Perhaps it's just a difference of culture between this park and DW, or perhaps they still trying to avoid the deluge of questioning about when it will open if they talk too much about it now.

I understand they are going to start ramping up the promotion in the next week or two to get people excited about what 'it' will be by dropping a few more clues.

With the construction taking place now deep in the woods where it is harder to photograph from a moving train I probably won't make it back to the park again until after the Leviathon Tour is over. However, if we hear about something else amazing that is photographable I'll make an exception

I'm just worried that the train won't be able to make it through all those 2X4s on the lift. I hope the chain is strong enough to pull the coaster train through them. And are they going to pay someone to replace them after each and every train? Perhaps they're anamatronic pieces of lumber that break away every time a train goes by and re join after the coaster has left the lift.

silver_dollar_city_7_2.jpeg.7ff42fd7a6eb641037f45cdf24a285bc.jpeg

I'm just worried that the train won't be able to make it through all those 2X4s on the lift. I hope the chain is strong enough to pull the coaster train through them. And are they going to pay someone to replace them after each and every train? Perhaps they're anamatronic pieces of lumber that break away every time a train goes by and re join after the coaster has left the lift.

LOL

I heard that they will hand out the pieces of wood to the guests in the back seat as they board so they can replace them on the fly after they've been broken.

I'd hate to sound pessimistic, but this just doesn't look like a fun element to me. I will reserve my judgment until I see more of a layout and train testing, but this whole project just doesn't seem exciting to me. That element looks like a neck-snapper!

I don't think it's going to be traveling that fast through that element.

^ I do agree about the neck snap....it just looks like it will be too intense to me, unless the train is going slow as it goes through the very steep incline type element. If not then it looks like this will pack a punch against top woodies