TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

New Texas Giant = N + TA + G

TA is the abbreviation for Texas that was used in the name.

As I understand it, NTAG is for New Tex-Ass Giant, which is how I like to pronounce it.

It wasn't until the construction of this coaster that I realized how little steel is involved with the traditional woodies. It seems odd that steel plate connectors haven't been the norm already.

Makes for an easier and faster erection as well.

*giggles* You said erection. *end immature giggling*

I wish a Branson vacation next year was a possibility. We just can't afford much of anything and we'd have to fly to get there, which my parents are very hesitant about doing anyways. It's going to take a ton of convincing and winning the lottery to be able to ride this thing next year. The one thing I've noticed and am slightly concerned about is that this element looks small compared to the drop which makes me think that the G's going through it will be too extreme. Granted, I don't know much about coaster physics and I haven't actually seen a size comparison, so my concern may be unjustified.

I like where this conversation is going.

But in all seriousness, I just can't physically see how this inversion will be enjoyable. Just seems like you're going to be shaken to a hard right and back again.

This ride looks completely insane, and I will with hold all major judgment until I see it tracked out a little more.

I just hope this won't be a one trick pony.

^ I think it'll all depend on the rate at which the train enters it. I agree with you though, it does *seem* a little questionable at this point; almost as if a complete roll would be much better off. I'll take my imaginary engineering degree and wait on the sidelines though.

This "Rocky Mountain Oyster" element rolls rapidly. Wouldn't it be more comfortable for it to just roll over and plunge down the turn? Less lateral gs and more world records! I can't wait to see the rest of the layout.

Or, better yet, you could wait until the announcement and not speculate what the element is called.

This is an ideology with which I disagree. As long as it's not blatantly stupid or flame war inducing, why should we frown upon speculation? It builds the anticipation. It's fun to predict what they are going to call it. It's not harmful, so why should it be something that we should not do?

I for one would have named this the Switchback Roll.

Because of the likelihood that TPR will have already decided what to call it by the time the official moniker is revealed and the wrong name will stick... or just be stupid.

Like NTAG.

Sorry, but I hate "NTAG" as much as I love the actual ride.

"Sharktopus" is freaking awesome as a concept, but sucks balls as the name of this element. IMHO, the element name should at least give you some kind of clue as to what it does. Sharktopus makes me expect something with legs sticking out or something.

To that effect, "Inverted Camel" or "Inverted Camelback" fit the bill even though they don't have the pizazz of sharktopus or even super Stengel.

How about inverted Camel toe!

Or, better yet, you could wait until the announcement and not speculate what the element is called.

This is an ideology with which I disagree. As long as it's not blatantly stupid or flame war inducing, why should we frown upon speculation? It builds the anticipation. It's fun to predict what they are going to call it. It's not harmful, so why should it be something that we should not do?

I for one would have named this the Switchback Roll.

Because of the likelihood that TPR will have already decided what to call it by the time the official moniker is revealed and the wrong name will stick... or just be stupid.

Like NTAG.

Sorry, but I hate "NTAG" as much as I love the actual ride.

"Sharktopus" is freaking awesome as a concept, but sucks balls as the name of this element. IMHO, the element name should at least give you some kind of clue as to what it does. Sharktopus makes me expect something with legs sticking out or something.

To that effect, "Inverted Camel" or "Inverted Camelback" fit the bill even though they don't have the pizazz of sharktopus or even super Stengel.

How about inverted Camel toe!

Thanks Guy b/c this will forever be the name of this element imo!!!

So, after the super stengel thingie does the track curve 180 degrees and go back in the opposite direction, or is it going 270 degrees and heading back towards the lift hill? Having a difficult time getting the layout straight in my head.

^I'd say about 225 degrees heading in the direction of the track coming off the drop (maybe kissing it at the midway point between the drop and the sharktopus element) then it appears to curve back towards the right (90 degree bank perhaps?) and meets up with the train tracks, possibly crossing the train tracks before crossing the lift in front of the station. (Hope that makes sense)

^I'd say about 225 degrees heading in the direction of the track coming off the drop (maybe kissing it at the midway point between the drop and the sharktopus element) then it appears to curve back towards the right (90 degree bank perhaps?) and meets up with the train tracks, possibly crossing the train tracks before crossing the lift in front of the station. (Hope that makes sense)

Yup!

Looking forward to the next surprise on this project!

^I know, it's getting exciting! All the quietness has actually made this project more exciting and fun, at least for us nerds

^^It drops off the hill and travels a good bit before hitting the element which would be at the furthest point from the lift.

Oh, and I edited this week's picture update with a link to my full album for those who have their towels ready. www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1201447#p1201447