TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

Also, on a related note, is the "Rocky Mountain Oyster" more or less inverted than the "cutback" on Sky Rocket?

fkghfhgdhjdhdjysdyxyct.jpg

More cutbacks to compare it to?

Space Mountain : Mission 2 has a "Tongue" element, which I understand to be similar to a cutback, if not just another name. Let's do some research.

This NL model suggests the "Tongue" to be a quick overbank, not an inversion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4rBIOKt79c

Can anybody confirm what exactly a "tongue" element is?

I'd like to call it an Over-banked Dive or a Half Roll Dive or Inline Cutback... because like a zero G/roll all the twisting is taking place in-line however its not fully inverted and it un twists itself back in the direction of the original turn leading into the element..

This ride isn't Stengel's (though influenced) which is why I wouldn't call it a a stengel dive of any sort especially the way this twists in-line.

I Suggest "Overbanked Dive" or a "Half-Roll Dive" ..but if you want to be very specific you could call it a "Reverse Overbanked Dive" or a "Reverse Hall-Roll Dive" because the overbank is in the reverse direction of the overall turn.

Overall, I vote for "Reverse Overbanked Dive" (Overbanked Dive for short if direction of the bank doesn't matter) because its not completely 180 to the ground to call it half a zero g roll.

What about Rocky Mountain Oyster? This thing just looks like an inverting Stengel dive to me, but it doesn't make much sense to throw Stengel in there. Anything but "Jo-jo Roll" works for me...