TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

^Thanks dude. Yeah, once they start construction on the "out" part it will be more difficult. Depending on time, I might swing back in next week but playing that by ear. It's funny to listen to people who are one time a year visitors or just coming to the park for the first time in the season on Wildfire. They look over and are like, hey, they are building a new coaster, that looks awesome!

Aesthetically, it already looks better than NTAG, which is really nice to see! Hopefully it'll retain that old-woodie look while being plenty crazy!

I agree...I think the ride looks great already and will likely fit in extremely well at SDC. Though it sort of has a newer woodie look to me - more like El Toro. It also looks like they plan on building a nice queue for this ride, just like Wildfire and PowderKeg...or really, most of their rides. It'll be cool to see the ride being built when I'm there this summer!

They could at least drop a teaser. I thought that the ride was pretty well hidden apart from the hill being constructed, but now that I see that photo of the train going right through the new structure it's not very difficult for guests to see that something is going on.

Okay so I'm just now getting up to speed on this project, but it looks like the track is traditional layered wooden track with the metal topper track instead of the full iron horse steel rail system like on New Texas Giant. Should be an awesome attraction all around, really excited to see what this thin turns into.

Talk about showcasing their new ride!

They definitely should at least start a teaser campaign for the coaster. They don't have to give away anything but at least acknowledge the fact that there is a potential amazing looking coaster currently being built on site. Wild Eagle was originally announced in April last year, but it wasn't until September that full details were released. And it didn't even have track go up until later that month! This thing could be fully tracked by September!

Honestly, where do people keep getting "rollercoaster" from? Am I missing something? There hasn't been any sort of announcement about a rollercoaster. I just don't see it.

I will, however, have to plan a trip for my first visit to Silver Dollar City at some point to check out the new ski slope, park offices, concession stand, and loading dock.

Looks awesome!

Silver Dollar City has sent us a press release about its water park White Water opening for the season!

White Water, Mid-America’s Nearby Island Adventure, opens for the season May 26 with more than 13 acres of thrilling tropical adventures, including nearly 7,000 feet of slides, more than a dozen rides and attractions, and two million gallons of cool, water fun – plus an expanded night ride event.

White Water’s newest ride is Aloha River, a river ride 800-plus-feet long (longer than two football fields), holding 300,000 gallons of water - the park’s longest, wettest, coolest ride yet. Aloha River is in a setting of lush Polynesian jungles reminiscent of the South Pacific, known as Hula Hula Bay. Tube riders cast off and float while maneuvering the waters of Aloha River through the tropical greenery – meeting twists and turns, water features, fountains, misters, geysers and more.

White Water offers rides from mild to wild. The 7-story, 6-slide thrill ride, Kalani Towers is the wildest ride at White Water, with two 300-foot drop slides for free-fall body sliding and four additional 312-foot slides for lane racing. For additional excitement, guests can race to the water on the double speed slide Raging River Rapids, plunge through the darkness on the fast-paced fully-enclosed Bermuda Triangle, or speed down the fast and furious slide of Pipeline Plunge. Splashaway Cay, an interactive family attraction with slides, pumps, geysers and a 700-gallon tipping bucket, and the 500,000 gallon Surf’s Up Wave Pool, are fun for the whole family. Coconut Cove is a play area designed for smaller kids with slides, interactive sprays and shooting nozzles in a shallow pool of water.

By popular demand, White Water expands Night Water, featured Thursdays through Saturdays, July 5 – August 11. From 10 a.m. until 10 p.m., guests can play all day and into the night, surfing the 500,000 gallon wave pool at dusk, floating Aloha River at Hula Hula Bay under the stars, or racing down the speed slides in the dark. During Night Water, the whole family can play the night away.

White Water is open daily May 26 – August 12, and on select days August 18 - September 3. For more information: call 800-831-4FUN(386) or visit http://www.bransonwhitewater.com.

It already looks really good, and I like how RMC is ditching the traditional woodie handrails throughout the whole ride. It gives for a really unique look!

I like it on this coaster so far. New Texas Giant looks terribly awkward, though. I know it's a different animal altogether, but just sayin'.

It already looks really good, and I like how RMC is ditching the traditional woodie handrails throughout the whole ride. It gives for a really unique look!

I like it on this coaster so far. New Texas Giant looks terribly awkward, though. I know it's a different animal altogether, but just sayin'.

This ride will have handrails on the sections that have been built so far, they just haven't even finished putting in the stairs yet. We'll have to see about the rest of the ride, but my gut says they will probably have handrails on more of it than NTAG does doe to the nature of the track.

To not even make some sort of reference to a ride that is clearly being built, even if it's a "Coming In 2013" sign is a bad PR move. It's better to build hype than act like nothing is going on and people are hallucinating construction.

dt

We just all need to remember to act surprised once they do make an official announcement...

Is the whole ride supposed to be topper track? If so, wouldn't this be considered a steel coaster?

It won't run on steel rails. The track looks a lot like T Express if you ask me...RMC mentioned they wanted to use steel wheels for their wooden coasters, and lets hope we see those on 'The Outlaw.' It seems like the drop could be what they finish next, and I can't wait to see how steep it will be!

To not even make some sort of reference to a ride that is clearly being built, even if it's a "Coming In 2013" sign is a bad PR move. It's better to build hype than act like nothing is going on and people are hallucinating construction.

dt

Meh. Beats the non-commital "they're working on it" response I got as a 14 year old when I asked about SFGAm's Shockwave and the (de)construction equipment on site.

This top secret schtick that parks do is lame. It's a roller coaster at an amusement park, not a Multi-Billion dollar missile defense plan from the Pentagon. Take the Cedar Point news from the other day: Zero people will cancel their plans to visit Cedar Point next year because the Sandusky Register ran an article about the 2013 Wing Coaster six months before the park announced it themselves. I bet a good chunk of people who read it will completely forget they did by the time it is officially announced- because it's a roller coaster, and in the grand scheme of things, not important enough for most people to care about until they're waiting in line for it.

I think this is an ingenious way to get people talking about the ride. By the time they officially announce it there will so many people talking about the ride that doesn't exist that people will be waiting anxiously for the announcement. I know this is one of the top projects I'm watching simply for the fact I love the hilarity of it.

(The train robbers are always good for a laugh too)

Is the whole ride supposed to be topper track? If so, wouldn't this be considered a steel coaster?

It won't run on steel rails. The track looks a lot like T Express if you ask me...RMC mentioned they wanted to use steel wheels for their wooden coasters, and lets hope we see those on 'The Outlaw.' It seems like the drop could be what they finish next, and I can't wait to see how steep it will be!

It's a large steel rail laid over a wood laminate block. Define that how you want, but it's pretty much a complete grey area at this point. I just call all the RMC coasters hybrids.

It will have steel wheels and a completely new train design though, this was confirmed in Robb's interview back at IAAPA last year where they first mentioned they were working on their first project from the ground up.

There are rumors swirling around that there will be a pretty good tunnel or two on this thing, maybe even at the base of the first drop. I know the original concept pitch mentioned the ride flying through a barn, so they've definitely been trying to incorporate some kind of tunnel from the start.