TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this park looks amazing, and a lot better than I expected. I guess that after hearing about how poorly the park owned by the same company in Malayasia was run, I was expecting this park to lie in the shadow of the other Universal Parks. The theming looks great, and the rides themselves look really good too. I still think that the Battlestar Galactica looks weird with both sit down and inverted track together in such a compact layout. The ride looks like a lot of fun, but it just looks weird with so much track and supports in such a small area.

And now I'm wondering why BG:TR never made the front page. This is the first time I've seen anything about it and I am impressed! Dueling sit down with inverted and a launched lift? If Vekoma got the bugs worked out, this could be the attraction of 2010! My only real gripe is that it probabbly wont have the counterweight system Dueling Dragons/Harry Potter coaster#1 has with the changing lift speed that made sure each dispatch was a perfect duel. It would be epic if Vekoma tried to copy that, but with a launched lift, it might be a little too complex to try.

Has it been confirmed it's a launched lift? I don't feel like searching through all the old posts, but if it's just an LSM instead of a chain, I'm just picturing something like Maverick; a quieter lift with a little more speed.

I also imagine that if that's the case, it wouldn't be too difficult to program the lifts so they launch at the correct "dueling" speed each time.

Holey smokes! And they call red coaster a family friendly coaster? I mean, yes it isn't the fastest thing in the world but geez, that lift hill is awesome! If blue does that, there will probably be some pretty mean air time!

I'm sayin' it: Those trains are hottt...and they have a nice roar to them too.

Thanks for posting. I for one am loving this step by Vekoma.

I'd definitely say that's a launched lift hill! And the trains look good too. I like the open air -feeling especially on the first car. I bet the queue to the first row will be a long one...

I'm not surprised that the inverted trains are like those on Kvasten. I like them. They feel so deep.

I'm so waiting for POVs and offride-videos!

Nice to see that Vekoma has revised their inverted coaster design. Four-across seating and outside guide wheels. Welcome to the 21st Century, guys.

This looks like it'll be quite a park. I know someone who works with theme parks and has done some work in Singapore. Unfortunately, I don't see him very often (well, if he's in Singapore... ). But next time I do, I'll ask if he worked on this project at all.

Eric

Universal Studios Singapore recently held an event to pull back the covers on their park, revealing concept art and details of the park that had never been seen before. Most interestingly are the included "sneak previews" of footage and animatics from several attractions that will debut with the park next year.