TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Singapore Discussion Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both trains look very cool! To me they don't look like new trains because arm room would be pretty awkward for a two across train. If they are new trains, Vekoma would more likely to leave more arm room.

Yes you would think they would leave a lot more space between each seat if they were new. I think they look kind of awkward, especially the human one.

• 1 month later...

^ I thought that too but Robb corrected me. For some reason I thought the seat that came off years ago was from the cylon side and whatever incident shut it down this time was the human side but it sounds like it's always been the human side.

I'd also be interested to see if they'd be willing (or able) to have Premier design new trains, similar to what they've done for the GIB at SFNE.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only the sit down coaster who has been having problems?

Seems like the inverted ride have been doing fine.

I was under the impression that it was a seat from the inverted side that came off. Could be wrong though.

I think that was the first incident, this second closure was apparently due to the human side of the ride.

^ The seat that came off the ride was on the sit down side.

• 2 months later...
That ride just looks kinda pathetic to me. It comes to complete stops on the break runs, and those transitions are just pathetic. The themeimg isn't great either. Any news on battlestar?

I mean it is a family coaster. It isn't supposed to be intense.

That ride just looks kinda pathetic to me. It comes to complete stops on the break runs, and those transitions are just pathetic. The themeimg isn't great either. Any news on battlestar?

To be fair it's not aimed at thrill seekers. I think it looks quite fun for what it is, and when it stops on the brake runs there's animated scenes to look at anyway so it's not a big issue IMHO. I think of it as less of a coaster and more of a fun way of getting between each of the animatronic scenes, and considering it's an outdoor ride I think the theming looks quite impressive.

That ride just looks kinda pathetic to me. It comes to complete stops on the break runs, and those transitions are just pathetic. The themeimg isn't great either.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.thumb.jpg.e9395801deb85026f837fe4432c0c617.jpg

It would be so nice if we could have just *ONE* day on our forum without someone making an insanely stupid comment. Is that really too much to ask???

Sorry, not all coasters can be as awesome as your favorite, Road Runner Express.

Looks like they used the same type of track as Thunderbolt, just upside-down. Zamperla does seem like it's going to slowly become more prominent in the coaster market. I know many people think Thunderbolt was mediocre, but this coaster shows just how versatile they can be...I'd bet they could easily modify the basic design to accommodate more thrilling layouts.

Now if only I could figure out the thought process behind having three-across seats rather than an even number...

Now if only I could figure out the thought process behind having three-across seats rather than an even number...

In PR speak, the park kept mentioning about the cats' nine lives.

There's no single rider queue but the park crew will ask if guests are riding alone, when nearer to the loading platform. The platform can load two vehicles at the same time, and the vehicles are dispatched every 40 seconds or so. This is one of the most efficient rides in the park.

It was also a successful first day, with only a short breakdown in the evening.